Assailant who stabbed host of Moscow radio station identified - UPDATED
The man who stabbed radio host Tatyana Felgenhauer in the throat has been identified as Boris Gerts.
The assailant was stopped by radio associates and handed over to the police.
The Russian Interior Ministry says the attacker is a foreign citizen, noting that the attacker used pepper spray to attack the guard and then went in.
On Monday afternoon, an unidentified man broke into the office of Echo of Moscow (Ekho Moskvy) radio station and stabbed radio host Tatyana Felgenhauer. The victim was hospitalized, her life is out of danger. Russia’s Investigative Committee has opened a criminal case under murder charges.
A man armed with a knife forced his way into the studio of Moscow’s Ekho Moskvy radio station located in the capital’s downtown area on Monday to stab host Tatyana Felgengauer, APA reported citing TASS.
"A man burst into the radio station’s studio, stabbing host Tatyana Felgengauer in the throat. He was detained by security personnel and handed over to the police. Doctors say Tatyana’s life is not in danger. A catheter had to be placed. She was taken to hospital," the statement reads.
A source in the law enforcement has confirmed the attack.
"A yet-to-be identified attacker injured the journalist in the neck. He was detained and is being questioned. The motives of the crime are being looked into," the source said.
Related news releases
- 16.07.2018Putin calls summit first step towards ‘clearing backlog’ in Russia-US relations
- 14.07.2018Russia says U.S. indictment over election meddling is groundless
- 12.07.2018Russian Foreign Ministry calls NATO 'Useless Military Bloc'
- 11.07.2018Yerevan experiences power outage
- 10.07.2018Kremlin pins American senator’s harsh swipe at Russia on US Deep State ‘pressure’
- 08.07.2018Armenian court issues arrest warrant for ex-president’s brother Levon Sargsyan and his daughter
- 06.07.2018Large fire breaks out in residential house in central Moscow
- 03.07.2018Armenian trucks stuck at Russia-Georgia border – ministry
- 02.07.2018Kremlin says political resolve for establishing Russia-US dialogue will prevail
- 28.06.2018Trump to meet with Putin July 16 in Finland
- 25.06.2018Sargsyan’s brother detained by police
- 25.06.2018Top Russian, Iranian diplomats mull preparations for summit of Caspian states
- 24.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman embarks on official visit to Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2018Armenian military officer caught red-handed for embezzlement of technical supplies
- 21.06.2018Russia’s cooperation with UN to be in focus of Lavrov’s talks with UN Secretary General
- 21.06.2018Russian interior minister arrives in New York to attend UN Chiefs of Police Summit
- 16.06.2018Taxi rams into people in Moscow, at least 8 injured - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Putin introduced Armenian PM to the President of Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Anton Vaino appointed head of Kremlin administration
- 12.06.2018Russian foreign minister praises Trump-Kim meeting
- 12.06.2018Ukraine, Russia fail to agree on UN peacekeeping mission
- 07.06.2018Gazprom appeals against assets seizure in Swiss Court
- 07.06.2018Russia-Armenia trade turnover up by 30 percent last year – Lavrov
- 07.06.2018Russian, Armenian FMs meet in Moscow
- 06.06.2018Russian defense minister: Terror is the main threat to CIS countries
- 06.06.2018Putin expects sanctions on Russia to be removed with time, relations with US to improve
- 05.06.2018Russia not trying to split EU, Putin says before rare visit to Western Europe
- 03.06.2018Counterterrorism operation regime introduced in Dagestan
- 01.06.2018NPP reactor will be closed for repair In Armenia
- 31.05.2018Russia to cut excise duties on diesel fuel, gasoline starting from June 1
- 31.05.2018Moscow "House of Books" allows presentation of American historian's book about the "Armenian Genocide" after APA's news
- 30.05.2018Russia slams Ukraine's staging reporter's murder as `anti-Russian provocation'
- 30.05.2018Russian journalist believed to be dead turns up alive at news conference
- 29.05.2018Putin appoints Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 29.05.2018Lavrov notes US not interested in cooperating with Russia on cybersecurity
- 29.05.2018Armenian serviceman dies in road accident
- 26.05.2018Putin: Turkey has right to choose its military aircraft
- 25.05.2018Plenary meeting held in Petersburg forum with participation of Russian, French and Japan leaders
- 25.05.2018Armenian president visits Georgia
- 25.05.2018Cancellation of US-North Korea summit is ‘testing humanity’s nerve’ — Russian senator
- 23.10.2017Russian national guard officer eliminated after killing 4 colleagues in Chechnya
- 24.10.2017Ksenia Sobchak: Crimea belongs to Ukraine under law
- 24.10.2017Russia vetoes UN extension of gas attack probe in Syria
- 23.10.2017Lavrov: Hopefully, there will be no war between Iraqi government troops and Kurds
- 20.10.2017Sergey Lavrov meets with Council of Europe Secretary General
- 20.10.2017Russia's Putin says oil price above $50/bbl is fair