Ukraine lines up over 22,000 snow cleaners after massive storm
Baku-APA. Ukraine deployed an army of workers and vehicles on Monday to clear snow and assist thousands of people trapped after being stunned by some of the worst weather in living memory, APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
More than 22,000 rescue and utilities workers, police and soldiers have been mobilized in a round-the-clock effort to mitigate the fallout of snowfall not seen for more than a century.
A state of emergency has been declared in the capital, Kiev. Air and railway services have faced widespread delays and cancellations in the city.
National weather monitoring officials say they have recorded a month’s worth of precipitation over the weekend – the first time that has happened in more then 100 years.
Efforts have been aimed restoring transportation links to 105 towns across six regions, authorities said.
The Emergency Situations Ministry says it deployed 317 mobile rescue posts to provide assistance to more than 3,200 people over a 24-hour period.
Related news releases
- 19.02.2017Lavrov called the condition of the abolition of visas for Georgian citizens
- 18.02.2017Putin signs decree on recognition of documents issued by separatist regimes
- 16.02.2017Discussed issues at the Dunford-Gerasimov meeting become known
- 16.02.2017Lavrov says Tillerson ready to support Syrian peace talks in Astana
- 16.02.2017Georgian police arrest American wanted on terrorism charges in Uzbekistan
- 15.02.2017Kremlin dismisses report of Trump campaign contacts with Russian spies
- 15.02.2017Russian MoD Denies Incidents With Russian Planes Near US Destroyer in Black Sea
- 14.02.2017Moscow expects Syria talks in Astana to boost peace process in Geneva
- 14.02.2017Syria peace talks in Astana postponed until February 16
- 13.02.2017Embassy: "All the Azerbaijani detainees in Derbent were released"
- 13.02.2017Russia releases footage of wide damage at Syria's Palmyra - VIDEO
- 13.02.2017Putin-Trump meeting possible before July: Kremlin
- 13.02.2017CEC: Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov wins 3rd Turkmenistan presidential term
- 10.02.2017Cavusoglu: Turkey won’t recognize annexation of Crimea
- 09.02.2017Turkey and Russia not planning to set up a joint commission to investigate the unintentional Russian airstrike: source
- 09.02.2017Russia doesn’t view PKK as terrorist organization: MFA
- 08.02.2017Separatist leader Givi killed in Donetsk
- 07.02.2017Russian president ratifies gas pipeline via Turkey
- 07.02.2017Azerbaijani observers to monitor presidential election in Turkmenistan
- 06.02.2017Russia voices regret over new US sanctions against Iran
- 03.02.2017No need for Russian air base in Belarus – Lukashenko
- 03.02.2017Belarus takes Russia to court over reduced oil supply
- 03.02.2017Lukashenko accuses Russia of violating interstate agreement
- 02.02.2017Russia’s Putin sacks 16 generals
- 02.02.201726 soldiers injured after military vehicle crashes in Armenia
- 02.02.2017Belarus set to quit EAEU, CSTO: media
- 02.02.2017Ukraine's Poroshenko vows to hold referendum on NATO membership
- 31.01.2017Azerbaijani became the new Deputy Minister of Economic Development of Russia
- 30.01.2017Ukraine says pro-Russian separatists kill 5 troops
- 29.01.2017Putin, Trump agree to keep in touch - Kremlin
- 28.01.2017Russia, Iran agree Astana talks 'efficient platform' for Syrian settlement
- 27.01.2017Armenian cadet dies at military unit medical facility
- 27.01.2017Armenia may halt parliamentary elections scheduled for April 2
- 27.01.2017War on terror may be among Washington’s priorities — Russian diplomat
- 26.01.2017Russian ambassador to India dies in New Delhi
- 26.01.2017Ukraine demands say in any Russia-U.S. talks to end conflict on its territory
- 25.01.2017Russia determines identity of person who threatened Armenia with terror
- 25.01.2017Armenia soldier found dead at military outpost
- 25.01.2017Russian FM: Nearly 50 countries willing to co-op with Eurasian Economic Union
- 24.01.2017Russia Awaits Reaction of Syrian Opposition on Proposed Draft Constitution
- 25.03.2013Russia to Retaliate If Magnitsky Act Goes Ahead – Putin Aide
- 25.03.2013Shoigu Urges Pentagon to Revive Missile Defense Dialogue
- 26.03.2013Assassination attempt made against Raffi Hovannisian, former presidential candidate going on hunger strike
- 25.03.2013Russia Seeks Return of Berezovsky Assets Abroad
- 25.03.2013Most heavy snowstorm of last 100 years leaves Kiev in blockade - PHOTOSESSION
- 24.03.2013Radiation Experts Join Berezovsky Death Probe – Police