The State Duma will consider ratification of the agreement with Armenia
The State Duma of the Russian Federation on Friday will consider the bill of ratification of the agreement with Armenia of the joint force of troops signed in Moscow on November 30, 2016, APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Agreement and annex to it determine the purpose, the procedure for the formation, deployment and application of the combined group of troops of the Russian Federation and Armenia.
It is noted that the united group is intended to ensure military security in the Caucasus region of collective security.
The main tasks of the united group include the timely opening of the immediate preparation of an armed attack (aggression) against the Russian Federation and Armenia and its reflection; Covering the overland part of the state border of both states within the established limits of responsibility; Participation in the protection of the state border of the Russian Federation and Armenia in the airspace, as well as participation in the air defense of troops and critical facilities of both countries located in the region.
To manage the combined grouping, a unified command is created. The decision on the deployment and application of the joint grouping is made jointly by the supreme commander-in-chief of the armed forces of the Russian Federation and Armenia. It is established that the agreement is concluded for a period of five years with the possibility of its automatic extension for subsequent five-year periods. “The implementation of the agreement fully meets the interests of the Russian Federation, will contribute to strengthening the security of the two states and will not require additional budgetary allocations of the federal budget”, the accompanying documents say.
Related news releases
- 18.07.2018Mass flooding leaves Russia's Krasnodar trapped under water
- 16.07.2018Putin calls summit first step towards ‘clearing backlog’ in Russia-US relations
- 14.07.2018Russia says U.S. indictment over election meddling is groundless
- 12.07.2018Russian Foreign Ministry calls NATO 'Useless Military Bloc'
- 11.07.2018Yerevan experiences power outage
- 10.07.2018Kremlin pins American senator’s harsh swipe at Russia on US Deep State ‘pressure’
- 08.07.2018Armenian court issues arrest warrant for ex-president’s brother Levon Sargsyan and his daughter
- 06.07.2018Large fire breaks out in residential house in central Moscow
- 03.07.2018Armenian trucks stuck at Russia-Georgia border – ministry
- 02.07.2018Kremlin says political resolve for establishing Russia-US dialogue will prevail
- 28.06.2018Trump to meet with Putin July 16 in Finland
- 25.06.2018Sargsyan’s brother detained by police
- 25.06.2018Top Russian, Iranian diplomats mull preparations for summit of Caspian states
- 24.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman embarks on official visit to Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2018Armenian military officer caught red-handed for embezzlement of technical supplies
- 21.06.2018Russia’s cooperation with UN to be in focus of Lavrov’s talks with UN Secretary General
- 21.06.2018Russian interior minister arrives in New York to attend UN Chiefs of Police Summit
- 16.06.2018Taxi rams into people in Moscow, at least 8 injured - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Putin introduced Armenian PM to the President of Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Anton Vaino appointed head of Kremlin administration
- 12.06.2018Russian foreign minister praises Trump-Kim meeting
- 12.06.2018Ukraine, Russia fail to agree on UN peacekeeping mission
- 07.06.2018Gazprom appeals against assets seizure in Swiss Court
- 07.06.2018Russia-Armenia trade turnover up by 30 percent last year – Lavrov
- 07.06.2018Russian, Armenian FMs meet in Moscow
- 06.06.2018Russian defense minister: Terror is the main threat to CIS countries
- 06.06.2018Putin expects sanctions on Russia to be removed with time, relations with US to improve
- 05.06.2018Russia not trying to split EU, Putin says before rare visit to Western Europe
- 03.06.2018Counterterrorism operation regime introduced in Dagestan
- 01.06.2018NPP reactor will be closed for repair In Armenia
- 31.05.2018Russia to cut excise duties on diesel fuel, gasoline starting from June 1
- 31.05.2018Moscow "House of Books" allows presentation of American historian's book about the "Armenian Genocide" after APA's news
- 30.05.2018Russia slams Ukraine's staging reporter's murder as `anti-Russian provocation'
- 30.05.2018Russian journalist believed to be dead turns up alive at news conference
- 29.05.2018Putin appoints Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 29.05.2018Lavrov notes US not interested in cooperating with Russia on cybersecurity
- 29.05.2018Armenian serviceman dies in road accident
- 26.05.2018Putin: Turkey has right to choose its military aircraft
- 25.05.2018Plenary meeting held in Petersburg forum with participation of Russian, French and Japan leaders
- 25.05.2018Armenian president visits Georgia
- 14.07.2017Moscow threatens to reduce number of American diplomats at US embassy
- 14.07.2017Russia ratifies agreement on joint group of forces with Armenia
- 14.07.2017Russian Duma ratifies agreement to keep 49-year presence at Syrian naval and air base
- 13.07.2017Sergei Lavrov: "Russia does not support Assad"
- 13.07.2017Boris Nemtsov killer sentenced to 20 years in prison
- 12.07.2017Russian defense adviser killed in militant attack in Hama, Syria