Terrorist acts plotted in Russia were coordinated from abroad – FSB
The Russian Federal Security Service reported the detention of five Daesh members in the city of Yaroslavl on May 3-4, APA reported citing Sputnik.
As the law enforcement agency specified, they were plotting terrorist acts in several Russian cities.
"The Russian Federal Security Service detained five members of the Daesh terrorist cell, who had been plotting terrorist acts on the territory of a number of Russian regions," the FSB's public relations center said.
As the FSB specified, the communications between terrorists were maintained via the Telegram messenger, including from abroad.
"During the searches, we confiscated an arsenal of improvised explosive devices, explosives, firearms and ammunition from the detainees," the FSB stated.
Related news releases
- 18.07.2018Mass flooding leaves Russia's Krasnodar trapped under water
- 16.07.2018Putin calls summit first step towards ‘clearing backlog’ in Russia-US relations
- 14.07.2018Russia says U.S. indictment over election meddling is groundless
- 12.07.2018Russian Foreign Ministry calls NATO 'Useless Military Bloc'
- 11.07.2018Yerevan experiences power outage
- 10.07.2018Kremlin pins American senator’s harsh swipe at Russia on US Deep State ‘pressure’
- 08.07.2018Armenian court issues arrest warrant for ex-president’s brother Levon Sargsyan and his daughter
- 06.07.2018Large fire breaks out in residential house in central Moscow
- 03.07.2018Armenian trucks stuck at Russia-Georgia border – ministry
- 02.07.2018Kremlin says political resolve for establishing Russia-US dialogue will prevail
- 28.06.2018Trump to meet with Putin July 16 in Finland
- 25.06.2018Sargsyan’s brother detained by police
- 25.06.2018Top Russian, Iranian diplomats mull preparations for summit of Caspian states
- 24.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman embarks on official visit to Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2018Armenian military officer caught red-handed for embezzlement of technical supplies
- 21.06.2018Russia’s cooperation with UN to be in focus of Lavrov’s talks with UN Secretary General
- 21.06.2018Russian interior minister arrives in New York to attend UN Chiefs of Police Summit
- 16.06.2018Taxi rams into people in Moscow, at least 8 injured - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Putin introduced Armenian PM to the President of Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Anton Vaino appointed head of Kremlin administration
- 12.06.2018Russian foreign minister praises Trump-Kim meeting
- 12.06.2018Ukraine, Russia fail to agree on UN peacekeeping mission
- 07.06.2018Gazprom appeals against assets seizure in Swiss Court
- 07.06.2018Russia-Armenia trade turnover up by 30 percent last year – Lavrov
- 07.06.2018Russian, Armenian FMs meet in Moscow
- 06.06.2018Russian defense minister: Terror is the main threat to CIS countries
- 06.06.2018Putin expects sanctions on Russia to be removed with time, relations with US to improve
- 05.06.2018Russia not trying to split EU, Putin says before rare visit to Western Europe
- 03.06.2018Counterterrorism operation regime introduced in Dagestan
- 01.06.2018NPP reactor will be closed for repair In Armenia
- 31.05.2018Russia to cut excise duties on diesel fuel, gasoline starting from June 1
- 31.05.2018Moscow "House of Books" allows presentation of American historian's book about the "Armenian Genocide" after APA's news
- 30.05.2018Russia slams Ukraine's staging reporter's murder as `anti-Russian provocation'
- 30.05.2018Russian journalist believed to be dead turns up alive at news conference
- 29.05.2018Putin appoints Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 29.05.2018Lavrov notes US not interested in cooperating with Russia on cybersecurity
- 29.05.2018Armenian serviceman dies in road accident
- 26.05.2018Putin: Turkey has right to choose its military aircraft
- 25.05.2018Plenary meeting held in Petersburg forum with participation of Russian, French and Japan leaders
- 25.05.2018Armenian president visits Georgia
- 05.05.2018Police seize Navalny at Putin protest
- 05.05.2018Russian journalist: "Armenia historically is an encumbrance for Russia"
- 07.05.2018Putin takes office for second six-year term as Russia’s president
- 03.05.2018One person killed, one wounded in attack on HSBC bank in Armenia
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijani woman appointed as Tatarstan’s minister of culture
- 03.05.2018Ukraine suspends participation in CIS coordination councils