Several documents signed at CIS Ministerial Council meeting
A meeting of the CIS Council of Foreign Ministers took place in the Russian city of Sochi on Tuesday.
Deputy Foreign Minister Khalaf Khalafov represented Azerbaijan at the meeting, an APA correspondent reported from Sochi.
The meeting began with talks of ministers in a limited number. Then the ministers continued their talks with the participation of delegations.
Speaking at the expanded meeting, CIS Executive Committee Chairman Sergey Lebedev said the foreign ministers discussed ways to expand multilateral cooperation in the CIS and exchanged views on topical international issues.
Lebedev noted that all the documents on the agenda were unanimously approved by the ministers.
After the meeting, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and CIS Executive Committee Chairman Sergey Lebedev held a joint press conference.
Lavrov said the meeting resulted in the adoption of documents on "The Concept of Cooperation in Combating Corruption", "The Agreement on Information Exchange on Countering Terrorism and Other Forms of Extremism, as well as the Financing of Them”.
He also stressed the importance of cooperation in the military field, in particular, the main directions of the project on adaptation of the CIS air defense system.
"We also discussed agreeing a number of documents aimed at deepening humanitarian cooperation. We decided to declare 2019 as the Year of Book and 2020 as the 75th Anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-45," he said.
“We also decided to hold the next meeting of the CIS Council of Foreign Ministers in Minsk on April 6, 2018,” Lavrov added.
- 15.12.2017Russian ex-minister Ulyukayev gets 8 years in prison for extorting $2 mln bribe
- 15.12.2017Russian presidential election set for March 18
- 15.12.2017Russia to double ballistic missile tests in 2018
- 15.12.2017Putin, Trump discuss Russia-US relations, North Korea in phone call
- 15.12.2017Russia unlikely to apply for participation in PACE’s work in 2018 — Russian MP
- 15.12.2017Moscow denies Russian jets intercepted by US F-22s in Syria
- 14.12.2017Russia, U.S. could cooperate on Afghanistan – Putin
- 14.12.2017Putin on Saakashvili's actions: This is 'a spit in the face of Ukrainian, Georgian people'
- 14.12.2017Trump faces restrictions in implementing intention to improve ties with Russia – Putin
- 14.12.2017Putin says Washington has in fact quit INF treaty
- 13.12.2017Erdogan's position on Jerusalem does not coincide with Russia's - Peskov
- 12.12.2017Price of AI-92 gasoline reduced in Kazakhstan
- 12.12.2017Soldier wounded in landmine explosion at Armenian border
- 12.12.2017Russian military chief criticizes U.S., Japan and South Korea drills
- 11.12.2017Kyiv court turns down prosecutor's motion to place Saakashvili under house arrest - UPDATED
- 09.12.2017Ex-President of Georgia goes on hunger strike in Ukrainian Jail
- 09.12.2017Mikheil Saakashvili detained in Kyiv
- 08.12.2017Russian FM: Trump’s Jerusalem decision contradicts all agreements
- 06.12.2017Russia claims Daesh completely destroyed in Syria
- 06.12.2017Putin says to seek new presidential term in 2018
- 06.12.2017Russian lower house slaps ban on US ‘foreign agent’ mass media from visiting State Duma
- 05.12.201741% of Russians want Lenin’s body to be buried
- 05.12.2017Russia's Investigative Committee appeals to General Prosecutor's Office for putting Telman Ismailov on Interpol’s wanted list
- 02.12.2017Sergey Lavrov: "We have no doubts and suspicions towards Azerbaijan"
- 02.12.2017Russia’s Foreign Ministry confirms Lavrov, Tillerson plan to meet in Vienna
- 01.12.2017Russia strengthened air defense in the North Caucasus
- 27.11.2017Iranian foreign minister to visit Armenia
- 26.11.2017Russia’s ex-finance minister regrets adoption of foreign agent media law
- 25.11.2017Tiger shot dead in Paris after escaping from circus
- 25.11.2017Fire in Batumi hotel kills eleven - UPDATED
- 25.11.2017Ukraine rebel region's security minister says he is new leader
- 23.11.2017Russia to cut task force in Syria — General Staff
- 23.11.20172 killed, 6 injured in shootout in Dagestan, closer to the border with Azerbaijan
- 22.11.2017Turkey, Russia, Iran vow to back Syria's sovereignty
- 22.11.2017Putin, Erdogan and Rouhani agree on holding Syrian national dialogue congress in Sochi
- 22.11.2017Turkish, Russian, Iranian presidents meet in Sochi
- 22.11.2017Russian baritone Hvorostovsky dies at 55
- 21.11.2017Putin and Assad meet in Sochi
- 18.11.2017Five injured in passenger bus-truck collision in Russia
- 17.11.2017Six inmates slash their wrists in Moscow court
- 11.10.2017Turkmen president gives Putin Central Asian pooch as gift
- 11.10.2017Putin stresses need to increase effectiveness of CIS
- 11.10.2017Tajikistan takes over CIS presidency
- 09.10.2017House fire kills five in Russia
- 06.10.201717 killed, 12 others injured as train collides with bus in central Russia - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017Four Russian nationals abroad suspected of false phone bomb threats in Russia