Several documents signed at CIS Ministerial Council meeting
A meeting of the CIS Council of Foreign Ministers took place in the Russian city of Sochi on Tuesday.
Deputy Foreign Minister Khalaf Khalafov represented Azerbaijan at the meeting, an APA correspondent reported from Sochi.
The meeting began with talks of ministers in a limited number. Then the ministers continued their talks with the participation of delegations.
Speaking at the expanded meeting, CIS Executive Committee Chairman Sergey Lebedev said the foreign ministers discussed ways to expand multilateral cooperation in the CIS and exchanged views on topical international issues.
Lebedev noted that all the documents on the agenda were unanimously approved by the ministers.
After the meeting, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and CIS Executive Committee Chairman Sergey Lebedev held a joint press conference.
Lavrov said the meeting resulted in the adoption of documents on "The Concept of Cooperation in Combating Corruption", "The Agreement on Information Exchange on Countering Terrorism and Other Forms of Extremism, as well as the Financing of Them”.
He also stressed the importance of cooperation in the military field, in particular, the main directions of the project on adaptation of the CIS air defense system.
"We also discussed agreeing a number of documents aimed at deepening humanitarian cooperation. We decided to declare 2019 as the Year of Book and 2020 as the 75th Anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-45," he said.
“We also decided to hold the next meeting of the CIS Council of Foreign Ministers in Minsk on April 6, 2018,” Lavrov added.
- 19.03.2018Putin urges his rivals to maintain dialogue, pool efforts in the country’s interests
- 18.03.2018Voting begins in Russian 2018 presidential election
- 17.03.2018Russia, Iran, Turkey to assist UN to draft constitutional reform in Syria - Lavrov
- 14.03.2018Moscow not connected to ex-spy’s poisoning: Kremlin
- 14.03.2018Moscow welcomes Turkey’s request for prompt S-400 delivery, Lavrov says
- 14.03.2018Turkish, Russian presidents to meet in Ankara on April 3 – FM
- 14.03.2018Syria, S-400 to be in focus at talks of Russian, Turkish foreign ministers
- 10.03.2018Putin on U.S. election interference: ‘I couldn’t care less’
- 07.03.2018Russia’s Mi-8 helicopter crashes in Chechnya
- 05.03.2018Russia has evidence West trying to save Nusra front for regime change - Lavrov
- 05.03.2018Putin’s adviser: Russia ready to disconnect from global Internet
- 03.03.2018Kremlin rejects U.S. charge Russia in breach of arms control treaties
- 02.03.2018Armen Sarkissian elected 4th President of Armenia
- 01.03.2018Putin: ‘No one listened to us then, so listen to us now’ - REPORTAGE
- 01.03.2018Putin announces Russia possesses hypersonic weapons
- 28.02.2018Shooting kills at least two, injures two in Kazan, Russia
- 26.02.2018Car carrying Armenian PM’s bodyguards crashes in Yerevan
- 24.02.20183 Georgians kidnapped in South Ossetia
- 22.02.2018Russian President met with the heads and deputy defense ministers of several countries
- 22.02.2018Ex-Georgian leader banned entry to Ukraine till 2021
- 20.02.2018Ukrainian president signs Donbass reintegration law
- 20.02.2018Dozens of Russian, CIS citizens killed & injured in recent clashes in Syria – Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Russia summons Ukraine's representative over attack on building in Kiev
- 16.02.2018Russian toll in Syria battle was 300 killed and wounded: sources
- 16.02.2018Truck with 2,500 loaves of bread hijacked in Russia
- 15.02.2018New US sanctions pose no serious threat to Russian economy, russians - Medvedev
- 15.02.2018Reports of scores of Russians killed in Syria are disinformation by anti-govt forces - Moscow
- 14.02.2018Presidents of Russia and Ukraine hold a telephone conversation
- 13.02.2018Lavrov says ‘aggressive minority’ in West impedes establishment of relations with Russia
- 09.02.2018Former governor of Sakhalin region Khoroshavin sentenced to 13 years in jail for bribery
- 07.02.2018Russia favors making UN Security Council more efficient
- 06.02.2018Russian, Kazakh FMs discuss preparations for Caspian Summit
- 06.02.2018Russian Central Election Commission registers Putin as presidential candidate
- 04.02.2018Russian Defense Ministry Releases Video of Su-25 Downing Over Syria - VİDEO
- 04.02.2018Russian weapons deliver strikes on area from which Su-25 was shot down , 30 militants killed
- 03.02.2018Russia’s Foreign Ministry notes anti-Russian focus of US nuclear doctrine
- 02.02.2018Russian CEC chairwoman disapproves of Kremlin spokesman’s statement
- 02.02.2018Armenia: 10-year-old girl kidnapped for debts
- 02.02.2018Russia says U.S. 'hunting' for Russians to arrest around the world
- 01.02.2018UN envoy for Syria highlights role of Sochi congress for Geneva process, says Lavrov
- 11.10.2017Turkmen president gives Putin Central Asian pooch as gift
- 11.10.2017Putin stresses need to increase effectiveness of CIS
- 11.10.2017Tajikistan takes over CIS presidency
- 09.10.2017House fire kills five in Russia
- 06.10.201717 killed, 12 others injured as train collides with bus in central Russia - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017Four Russian nationals abroad suspected of false phone bomb threats in Russia