Several documents signed at CIS Ministerial Council meeting
A meeting of the CIS Council of Foreign Ministers took place in the Russian city of Sochi on Tuesday.
Deputy Foreign Minister Khalaf Khalafov represented Azerbaijan at the meeting, an APA correspondent reported from Sochi.
The meeting began with talks of ministers in a limited number. Then the ministers continued their talks with the participation of delegations.
Speaking at the expanded meeting, CIS Executive Committee Chairman Sergey Lebedev said the foreign ministers discussed ways to expand multilateral cooperation in the CIS and exchanged views on topical international issues.
Lebedev noted that all the documents on the agenda were unanimously approved by the ministers.
After the meeting, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and CIS Executive Committee Chairman Sergey Lebedev held a joint press conference.
Lavrov said the meeting resulted in the adoption of documents on "The Concept of Cooperation in Combating Corruption", "The Agreement on Information Exchange on Countering Terrorism and Other Forms of Extremism, as well as the Financing of Them”.
He also stressed the importance of cooperation in the military field, in particular, the main directions of the project on adaptation of the CIS air defense system.
"We also discussed agreeing a number of documents aimed at deepening humanitarian cooperation. We decided to declare 2019 as the Year of Book and 2020 as the 75th Anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-45," he said.
“We also decided to hold the next meeting of the CIS Council of Foreign Ministers in Minsk on April 6, 2018,” Lavrov added.
- 19.10.2017Russian TV host Ksenia Sobchak declares Kremlin bid for 2018
- 18.10.2017Pedro Agramunt receives honorary doctorate from Russian higher school
- 18.10.2017One of main sponsors of separatist regime in Karabakh dies
- 18.10.2017Moscow police detain Armenian taxi driver accused of poisoning almost 100 people to death
- 18.10.2017Russia testing new Silo-Based ballistic missile
- 17.10.2017Lavrov: Agreement on UNSC reform unrealistic in next couple of years
- 16.10.2017Putin signs decree to implement UNSC sanctions on North Korea
- 16.10.2017Lavrov comments on construction of subsea pipeline in Caspian Sea
- 16.10.2017Armenian citizen shot dead in downtown Moscow
- 14.10.2017Russian FSB, police detain İSİL supporters preparing terrorist attacks
- 14.10.2017Russian President: "Fight against terror should be free from double standards"
- 13.10.2017Lavrov urges to give up on escalating tensions around DPRK
- 11.10.2017Putin: Volume of trade between CIS countries has reached $75 billion
- 11.10.2017Lukashenko criticizes CIS Interparliamentary Assembly for low efficiency
- 11.10.201718 documents inked at CIS summit in Sochi
- 05.10.2017Armenian businessman shot dead in Moscow
- 05.10.2017Russian Investigative Committee refuses to open criminal case against historian who exposed Armenian lies
- 05.10.2017Terror threat for CIS countries remains high: Anti-Terrorism Center
- 04.10.2017Saudi King arrives in Moscow for first ever visit
- 04.10.2017CIS foreign ministers to meet in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Severed human legs found next to supermarket in Moscow
- 04.10.2017Conditions for defeating terrorists, returning to peaceful life in Syria created — Lavrov
- 04.10.2017Venezuela's Maduro Travels to Russia For Energy Talks
- 03.10.2017Saakashvili's issue must be resolved through legal means: Ukrainian FM
- 30.09.2017Mammadbagir Aliyev elected to RAS Presidium
- 29.09.2017Shootout at Russian military base leaves 3 dead, 2 wounded
- 29.09.2017Two pilots die in military aircraft crash in Ukraine
- 27.09.2017Ukraine detains suspects behind massive blaze at ammo depot in Vinnytsia
- 27.09.2017Dagestan leader Ramazan Abdulatipov writes resignation letter
- 27.09.2017Russian MoD department head arrested
- 27.09.2017Explosions heard from Ukraine’s biggest munitions depot near Vinnitsa - VİDEO
- 25.09.2017Iranian, Russian leaders discuss trilateral talks with Azerbaijan
- 25.09.2017Most criminal regions of Russia listed
- 25.09.2017Cannibal couple who killed and ate more than 30 people detained in Russia
- 23.09.2017“DPR minister” wounded in assassination attempt in Donetsk
- 22.09.2017Lavrov calls on US-led coalition not to spare Jabhat al-Nusra
- 21.09.2017Kazakhstan’s former prime minister released from prison
- 20.09.2017Russian FM: "Russia interested in bringing ties with US back to normal"
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani shot dead in Moscow
- 18.09.2017People's Artist of USSR Zurab Sotkilava dies at 80
- 11.10.2017Turkmen president gives Putin Central Asian pooch as gift
- 11.10.2017Putin stresses need to increase effectiveness of CIS
- 11.10.2017Tajikistan takes over CIS presidency
- 09.10.2017House fire kills five in Russia
- 06.10.201717 killed, 12 others injured as train collides with bus in central Russia - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017Four Russian nationals abroad suspected of false phone bomb threats in Russia