Several documents signed at CIS Ministerial Council meeting
A meeting of the CIS Council of Foreign Ministers took place in the Russian city of Sochi on Tuesday.
Deputy Foreign Minister Khalaf Khalafov represented Azerbaijan at the meeting, an APA correspondent reported from Sochi.
The meeting began with talks of ministers in a limited number. Then the ministers continued their talks with the participation of delegations.
Speaking at the expanded meeting, CIS Executive Committee Chairman Sergey Lebedev said the foreign ministers discussed ways to expand multilateral cooperation in the CIS and exchanged views on topical international issues.
Lebedev noted that all the documents on the agenda were unanimously approved by the ministers.
After the meeting, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and CIS Executive Committee Chairman Sergey Lebedev held a joint press conference.
Lavrov said the meeting resulted in the adoption of documents on "The Concept of Cooperation in Combating Corruption", "The Agreement on Information Exchange on Countering Terrorism and Other Forms of Extremism, as well as the Financing of Them”.
He also stressed the importance of cooperation in the military field, in particular, the main directions of the project on adaptation of the CIS air defense system.
"We also discussed agreeing a number of documents aimed at deepening humanitarian cooperation. We decided to declare 2019 as the Year of Book and 2020 as the 75th Anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-45," he said.
“We also decided to hold the next meeting of the CIS Council of Foreign Ministers in Minsk on April 6, 2018,” Lavrov added.
- 18.07.2018Mass flooding leaves Russia's Krasnodar trapped under water
- 16.07.2018Putin calls summit first step towards ‘clearing backlog’ in Russia-US relations
- 14.07.2018Russia says U.S. indictment over election meddling is groundless
- 12.07.2018Russian Foreign Ministry calls NATO 'Useless Military Bloc'
- 11.07.2018Yerevan experiences power outage
- 10.07.2018Kremlin pins American senator’s harsh swipe at Russia on US Deep State ‘pressure’
- 08.07.2018Armenian court issues arrest warrant for ex-president’s brother Levon Sargsyan and his daughter
- 06.07.2018Large fire breaks out in residential house in central Moscow
- 03.07.2018Armenian trucks stuck at Russia-Georgia border – ministry
- 02.07.2018Kremlin says political resolve for establishing Russia-US dialogue will prevail
- 28.06.2018Trump to meet with Putin July 16 in Finland
- 25.06.2018Sargsyan’s brother detained by police
- 25.06.2018Top Russian, Iranian diplomats mull preparations for summit of Caspian states
- 24.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman embarks on official visit to Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2018Armenian military officer caught red-handed for embezzlement of technical supplies
- 21.06.2018Russia’s cooperation with UN to be in focus of Lavrov’s talks with UN Secretary General
- 21.06.2018Russian interior minister arrives in New York to attend UN Chiefs of Police Summit
- 16.06.2018Taxi rams into people in Moscow, at least 8 injured - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Putin introduced Armenian PM to the President of Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Anton Vaino appointed head of Kremlin administration
- 12.06.2018Russian foreign minister praises Trump-Kim meeting
- 12.06.2018Ukraine, Russia fail to agree on UN peacekeeping mission
- 07.06.2018Gazprom appeals against assets seizure in Swiss Court
- 07.06.2018Russia-Armenia trade turnover up by 30 percent last year – Lavrov
- 07.06.2018Russian, Armenian FMs meet in Moscow
- 06.06.2018Russian defense minister: Terror is the main threat to CIS countries
- 06.06.2018Putin expects sanctions on Russia to be removed with time, relations with US to improve
- 05.06.2018Russia not trying to split EU, Putin says before rare visit to Western Europe
- 03.06.2018Counterterrorism operation regime introduced in Dagestan
- 01.06.2018NPP reactor will be closed for repair In Armenia
- 31.05.2018Russia to cut excise duties on diesel fuel, gasoline starting from June 1
- 31.05.2018Moscow "House of Books" allows presentation of American historian's book about the "Armenian Genocide" after APA's news
- 30.05.2018Russia slams Ukraine's staging reporter's murder as `anti-Russian provocation'
- 30.05.2018Russian journalist believed to be dead turns up alive at news conference
- 29.05.2018Putin appoints Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 29.05.2018Lavrov notes US not interested in cooperating with Russia on cybersecurity
- 29.05.2018Armenian serviceman dies in road accident
- 26.05.2018Putin: Turkey has right to choose its military aircraft
- 25.05.2018Plenary meeting held in Petersburg forum with participation of Russian, French and Japan leaders
- 25.05.2018Armenian president visits Georgia
- 11.10.2017Turkmen president gives Putin Central Asian pooch as gift
- 11.10.2017Putin stresses need to increase effectiveness of CIS
- 11.10.2017Tajikistan takes over CIS presidency
- 09.10.2017House fire kills five in Russia
- 06.10.201717 killed, 12 others injured as train collides with bus in central Russia - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017Four Russian nationals abroad suspected of false phone bomb threats in Russia