Russia's Lavrov slams allegations of Moscow’s new imperial ambition as hoax
Allegations of Moscow’s new imperial ambition and plans to rebuild the Soviet Union are hoax, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said in an interview with the Mezhdunarodnaya Zhizn (or International Life) magazine, APA reported citing TASS.
"All allegations about some new imperial ambition, let alone plans to rebuild the Soviet Union, are not worth serious discussion as they are no more than a hoax," the minister stressed.
Lavrov pointed out that "Russia has always respected the choice made by the people of the former Soviet republics who decided to be independent and develop their own countries."
"We have been cooperating with them in various ways, our interaction is based on the principle of equal rights and respect for each other’s interests," the Russian top diplomat said.
According to him, "it particularly concerns Central Asian states."
"At present, we develop fruitful bilateral cooperation and also interact within various organizations and unions including the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) and the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU)," the Russian foreign minister stressed.
Related news releases
- 20.04.2018Armenian police detain 83 protesters in Yerevan
- 20.04.2018Putin, Trump will not allow armed confrontation between Russia, US – Lavrov
- 19.04.2018Nikol Pashinyan: "We resume action of total blocking of Yerevan streets"
- 19.04.2018Russia and US may be left without direct flights due to Aeroflot’s visa difficulties
- 19.04.2018Militants who attacked UN Mission in Douma were warned in advance
- 19.04.2018Journalist gets beaten during mass protest in Armenia
- 18.04.2018Opposition march toward Republic Square
- 17.04.2018The Armenian opposition announced the creation of a committee of "velvet revolution"
- 17.04.2018Serzh Sargsyan elected Armenia’s PM
- 17.04.2018FSB exposes IS cell plotting terrorist attacks in Russia
- 16.04.2018Armenian opposition leader urges to block parliament building
- 16.04.201822 injured after demonstrators clash with police in Yerevan
- 16.04.2018Armenia’s Republican Party formally nominates Sargsyan’s candidacy as next PM
- 16.04.2018Armenians protest Sargsyan's appointment as PM
- 15.04.2018Kazakhstan warns of further military de-escalation in Syria
- 14.04.2018Opposition-led protesters break into building of Armenian public radio
- 14.04.2018Serzh Sargsyan nominated for Armenia’s PM
- 14.04.2018Syrian downs 71 out of 103 US coalition cruise missiles: Russian military
- 14.04.2018Putin: Operation launched by US and allies is aggression against sovereign state
- 14.04.2018Russian Defence Ministry: Over 100 missiles fired at Syria
- 14.04.2018Russian Foreign Ministry: "You shelled Syria's capital at the moment when it had gained a chance of a peaceful future"
- 13.04.2018Three wounded in landmine explosion in Armenia
- 13.04.2018Russia calls for emergency UN Security Council meeting
- 12.04.2018Russia asks US to solve problems at 'negotiating table'
- 12.04.2018Russia resumes flights to Egypt
- 11.04.2018Putin expects common sense to prevail amid global tensions
- 11.04.2018Putin's inauguration scheduled for 7 May
- 11.04.2018Moscow to Trump: Are ‘smart’ missiles an attempt to destroy alleged chem attack evidence in Syria?
- 11.04.2018Helicopter Crashes in Russian City of Khabarovsk
- 09.04.2018Russia’s Lavrov calls on Turkey to return Afrin to Damascus control
- 09.04.2018Kazakh TV presenter dies as her leg gets stuck in elevator door
- 09.04.2018Presidential inauguration held in Armenia
- 08.04.2018Russian Aerospace Forces to get three S-400 regimental sets this year — Defense Ministry
- 06.04.2018Russia appoints new ambassador to Armenia
- 05.04.2018Azerbaijani President: "Our personal relations with Vladimir Putin are one of the major factors for successful bilateral relations"
- 04.04.2018Russian foreign intelligence chief says Washington’s system of vassalage has failed
- 04.04.2018Patrushev: Some countries claim to act as global prosecutors and judges all in one
- 03.04.2018NATO will not issue visa to new Russian diplomats
- 03.04.2018Russian CEC head presents presidential certificate to Putin
- 02.04.2018Moscow to accelerate delivery of S-400 system to Turkey
- 31.12.2014Some 1,500 people gather for unauthorized rally in Moscow, about 100 detained - police
- 02.01.2015Moscow-led trade bloc begins in troubled times
- 03.01.2015Interior head of Russia’s Mari El republic commits suicide
- 30.12.2014Russian scientists develop Ebola vaccine
- 30.12.2014Moscow Court gives opposition figure Navalny 3.5-year suspended sentence - PHOTOSESSION
- 30.12.2014Moscow court rushes verdict to Putin's chief foe