Russian special services prevented a major terrorist attack planned in Moscow
Sources in one of the Russian power structures said that the city security services could have prevented the attack, which was to take place in Moscow on March, 8th during the festivities, APA reports quoting Izvestia.
According to sources, security officers at one of the airports of Moscow in early March, stopped to check a man arrived on a flight from Istanbul.
Arrested was 23-year-old citizen of Tajikistan SAFILO M. After his arrest, the man behaved strange. Realizing the prospect of imminent deportation, condemnation at home for life, he tried to commit suicide.
“A Tajik citizen wanted to break your phone, then grabbed a pair of scissors and inflicted a wound in the neck… Preventing suicide had security officers that have bound him and taken to the hospital. After questioning it turned out that the man he fought in Syria,” the source said.
“In the course of interrogation of the citizen of Tajikistan admitted that has arrived in Moscow to commit a terrorist attack. The man was planned as a suicide bomber to attend the celebration on March 8 to blow himself up,” added in the security services.
“The operative group conducts investigative actions on the establishment of accomplices of the criminal, as explosive and amazing elements for improvised explosive device the guy had to provide supporters in Moscow”, – said the sources, adding that at the present time on the territory of Moscow and Moscow region there are several “Jamaat” – the sleeper cells of ISIS (banned in Russia).
Currently SAFILO handed over to the Tajik operatives.
Related news releases
- 30.05.2017Soldier dies as Russian transport plane crash-lands after training flight
- 30.05.2017Over 30,000 people in three Russian regions remain without electricity after storm
- 29.05.2017Storm in Moscow storm kills six people in Moscow
- 27.05.2017Azerbaijani and Russian presidents expected to meet in June
- 27.05.2017Russian MP: "Estonia expels Russian diplomats in bid to get US support"
- 26.05.2017Moscow court orders arrest of four suspects of plotting terrorist attack
- 26.05.2017Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister takes part in session of Council of CIS Defense Ministers
- 26.05.2017Russia conducts anti-terror exercises in Caspian Sea
- 26.05.2017Moldova's Chisinau Mayor Detained as Part of Corruption Probe
- 26.05.2017Moscow says date of de Mistura's visit to Russia yet to be set
- 25.05.2017Ukraine plans to stop railway communication with Russia
- 25.05.2017Over 500 people lost their homes in wildfires in Russia
- 24.05.2017CIS defense ministers to meet in Moscow
- 24.05.2017Maria Zakharova: "Mechanism of alerting on cyber attacks practically never used by US"
- 22.05.2017Putin to meet with Macron in Paris on May 29
- 22.05.2017Russia, Turkey sign joint statement on mutual lifting of trade restrictions
- 22.05.2017Turkmenistan: Report claims deputy PM committed suicide
- 19.05.2017Jail term extended for “ex-defense minister” of Karabakh separatist regime
- 19.05.2017OSCE chief says current challenges to European security require cooperation
- 18.05.2017Ara Babloyan from ruling RPA elected Armenian parliament speaker
- 18.05.2017Armenian president accepts government’s resignation
- 18.05.2017Putin offers transcript to prove Trump did not pass Russia secrets
- 17.05.2017EU, Ukraine sign visa liberalization agreement
- 17.05.2017One more Armenian soldier killed
- 17.05.2017Putin: Russia ready to provide US Congress with transcript of Trump-Lavrov talks
- 17.05.2017UN: Economic growth in CIS to make up 1.4% this year, 2% in 2018
- 15.05.2017Russian MFA employee shoots wife, daughter to death, then commits suicide
- 12.05.2017Russia to welcome any US contribution to setting up de-escalation zones in Syria — Lavrov
- 11.05.2017EU Council of Ministers decides on visa-free regime for Ukraine
- 10.05.2017Putin, Abbas to meet in Sochi to discuss Mideast settlement
- 09.05.2017Ambassador says Russia military base in Armenia could be expanded
- 09.05.2017Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov to start visit to US on Tuesday
- 06.05.2017Russia says Syria de-escalation deal to take effect at midnight: agencies
- 05.05.2017Russian, German top diplomats agree to continue Normandy-format efforts
- 03.05.2017Russia hopes for steady development of relations with Turkey — Putin
- 03.05.2017First deputy chief of Armenian General Staff dismissed
- 03.05.2017Putin and Trump stress importance of anti-terrorism cooperation
- 02.05.2017Russian Military Adviser Killed In Syria - Russian MoD
- 02.05.2017Kremlin reveals what Putin and Trump discussed over the phone - UPDATED
- 02.05.2017Survey: Majority of Russians desire Putin’s re-election as President
- 15.03.2017Russia's Lavrov slams allegations of Moscow’s new imperial ambition as hoax
- 15.03.2017Liberal Democrats walk out of Duma session after corruption row with United Russia
- 15.03.2017Putin, Sargsyan meet in Moscow
- 15.03.2017Putin, Sargsyan to discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement
- 14.03.2017Kremlin: No decision on Russian UN ambassador candidacy as of yet
- 13.03.2017Russia’s representative may be banned from Eurovision 2017 in Kiev