Russian special services prevented a major terrorist attack planned in Moscow
Sources in one of the Russian power structures said that the city security services could have prevented the attack, which was to take place in Moscow on March, 8th during the festivities, APA reports quoting Izvestia.
According to sources, security officers at one of the airports of Moscow in early March, stopped to check a man arrived on a flight from Istanbul.
Arrested was 23-year-old citizen of Tajikistan SAFILO M. After his arrest, the man behaved strange. Realizing the prospect of imminent deportation, condemnation at home for life, he tried to commit suicide.
“A Tajik citizen wanted to break your phone, then grabbed a pair of scissors and inflicted a wound in the neck… Preventing suicide had security officers that have bound him and taken to the hospital. After questioning it turned out that the man he fought in Syria,” the source said.
“In the course of interrogation of the citizen of Tajikistan admitted that has arrived in Moscow to commit a terrorist attack. The man was planned as a suicide bomber to attend the celebration on March 8 to blow himself up,” added in the security services.
“The operative group conducts investigative actions on the establishment of accomplices of the criminal, as explosive and amazing elements for improvised explosive device the guy had to provide supporters in Moscow”, – said the sources, adding that at the present time on the territory of Moscow and Moscow region there are several “Jamaat” – the sleeper cells of ISIS (banned in Russia).
Currently SAFILO handed over to the Tajik operatives.
Related news releases
- 25.11.2017Tiger shot dead in Paris after escaping from circus
- 25.11.2017Fire in Batumi hotel kills eleven - UPDATED
- 25.11.2017Ukraine rebel region's security minister says he is new leader
- 23.11.2017Russia to cut task force in Syria — General Staff
- 23.11.20172 killed, 6 injured in shootout in Dagestan, closer to the border with Azerbaijan
- 22.11.2017Turkey, Russia, Iran vow to back Syria's sovereignty
- 22.11.2017Putin, Erdogan and Rouhani agree on holding Syrian national dialogue congress in Sochi
- 22.11.2017Turkish, Russian, Iranian presidents meet in Sochi
- 22.11.2017Russian baritone Hvorostovsky dies at 55
- 21.11.2017Putin and Assad meet in Sochi
- 18.11.2017Five injured in passenger bus-truck collision in Russia
- 17.11.2017Six inmates slash their wrists in Moscow court
- 17.11.2017Minibus collides with truck in Volga Area, 15 dead
- 15.11.2017Russia’s State Duma passes amendments to foreign agent media law
- 14.11.2017Defense Ministry provides explanation on wrong photos attached to Abu Kamal statement
- 14.11.2017Russia detains 69 extremists in the Moscow region
- 14.11.2017Prisoner escapes in Armenia
- 13.11.2017Putin, Erdogan hold joint press conference after meeting in Sochi
- 13.11.2017Turkish, Russian presidents meet in Sochi
- 10.11.2017Russian, Turkish presidents to meet in Sochi on Nov. 13
- 10.11.2017Students continue protests in Yerevan
- 10.11.2017Syria deal could be announced after Trump-Putin meeting friday
- 09.11.2017Putin informed about collapse of residential building in Izhevsk
- 09.11.2017Several dead, injured as 9-storey building collapses in Russia
- 07.11.2017Russia's Communist Party organizes march celebrating 100th anniversary of October Revolution in Moscow
- 07.11.2017Russian State Duma delegation to visit Azerbaijan
- 05.11.2017Kremlin: Syrian settlement is considered as a topic for Putin-Trump meeting
- 03.11.2017Man serving life sentence for 1999 Armenia parliament tragedy dies at night
- 02.11.2017Kremlin confirms preparation for Putin-Erdogan meeting underway
- 01.11.2017ATC: Most of websites engaged in terrorist recruitment in CIS managed from abroad
- 01.11.2017Russian president arrives in Tehran
- 01.11.2017Another round of Astana talks on Syria to be held in late December
- 31.10.2017Russia hopes Syria will be liberated from terrorists in one or two months
- 31.10.2017Ukraine interior minister's son detained
- 31.10.2017Lavrov: Russia needs legal guarantees to extend Turkish Stream gas pipeline to EU soil
- 31.10.2017Moscow doesn’t rule out visa-free regime with Georgia
- 31.10.2017Wife of Russian accused of Putin assassination plot shot dead in Kiev
- 30.10.2017Man breaks into kindergarten in Armenia, takes hostages
- 27.10.2017Russia neutralizes threats along western borders by beefing up troop combat strength
- 27.10.2017Lavrov: Russia’s non-commercial organizations should promote idea of Eurasian integration in CIS
- 15.03.2017Russia's Lavrov slams allegations of Moscow’s new imperial ambition as hoax
- 15.03.2017Liberal Democrats walk out of Duma session after corruption row with United Russia
- 15.03.2017Putin, Sargsyan meet in Moscow
- 15.03.2017Putin, Sargsyan to discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement
- 14.03.2017Kremlin: No decision on Russian UN ambassador candidacy as of yet
- 13.03.2017Russia’s representative may be banned from Eurovision 2017 in Kiev