Russian special services prevented a major terrorist attack planned in Moscow
Sources in one of the Russian power structures said that the city security services could have prevented the attack, which was to take place in Moscow on March, 8th during the festivities, APA reports quoting Izvestia.
According to sources, security officers at one of the airports of Moscow in early March, stopped to check a man arrived on a flight from Istanbul.
Arrested was 23-year-old citizen of Tajikistan SAFILO M. After his arrest, the man behaved strange. Realizing the prospect of imminent deportation, condemnation at home for life, he tried to commit suicide.
“A Tajik citizen wanted to break your phone, then grabbed a pair of scissors and inflicted a wound in the neck… Preventing suicide had security officers that have bound him and taken to the hospital. After questioning it turned out that the man he fought in Syria,” the source said.
“In the course of interrogation of the citizen of Tajikistan admitted that has arrived in Moscow to commit a terrorist attack. The man was planned as a suicide bomber to attend the celebration on March 8 to blow himself up,” added in the security services.
“The operative group conducts investigative actions on the establishment of accomplices of the criminal, as explosive and amazing elements for improvised explosive device the guy had to provide supporters in Moscow”, – said the sources, adding that at the present time on the territory of Moscow and Moscow region there are several “Jamaat” – the sleeper cells of ISIS (banned in Russia).
Currently SAFILO handed over to the Tajik operatives.
Related news releases
- 22.07.2017Lavrov says US continues support to some opposition groups in Syria
- 20.07.2017Kremlin says not considering Lapshin’s extradition to Russia
- 18.07.2017Russia reiterates its restrained stance on North Korean issue settlement
- 18.07.2017Fire in Mosow high-rise extinguished - UPDATED
- 17.07.2017Sargsyan: Russia’s sale of arms to Azerbaijan is most painful aspect of Armenia-Russia relations
- 16.07.2017Suspects in attack on Russian tourists in Abkhazia identified - security service
- 14.07.2017Russia's Putin hopes dialogue with Trump will continue
- 14.07.2017Lawmaker Zhirinovsky: United Russian-Armenian military group should be under Russian command
- 14.07.2017Russian Duma ratifies agreement to keep 49-year presence at Syrian naval and air base
- 14.07.2017Russia ratifies agreement on joint group of forces with Armenia
- 14.07.2017Moscow threatens to reduce number of American diplomats at US embassy
- 14.07.2017The State Duma will consider ratification of the agreement with Armenia
- 13.07.2017Sergei Lavrov: "Russia does not support Assad"
- 13.07.2017Boris Nemtsov killer sentenced to 20 years in prison
- 12.07.2017Russian defense adviser killed in militant attack in Hama, Syria
- 08.07.2017Putin: US position on Syria became more pragmatic
- 05.07.2017Astana, Washington sign 5-year defense cooperation plan
- 05.07.2017Anatoly Serdyukov to head Rostvertol’s board of directors
- 04.07.2017Chinese president says ties with Putin stronger than with any other leader
- 02.07.201710 people killed, 12 injured in bus, truck crash in Russia's Tatarstan
- 01.07.2017Putin has phone talks with Qatar, Bahrain on Gulf row
- 01.07.2017Almost 120 flights delayed in Moscow over heavy rainfall
- 30.06.2017Russia cuts contribution to Council of Europe
- 30.06.2017Number of Kyrgyz presidential candidates reaches 11
- 29.06.2017Medvedev:"Sanctions will still influence Russian economy in coming years"
- 28.06.2017Armenia concerned over Russia’s selling weapons to Azerbaijan
- 27.06.2017Ukrainian serviceman killed in car bomb
- 27.06.2017Russia's Lavrov, U.S. Secretary of State Tillerson discuss Syrian conflict
- 24.06.2017Russian Foreign Ministry: Conflict around Qatar should be settled by diplomatic means
- 23.06.2017Russian FM: US sanction pressure on Moscow 'illusory'
- 21.06.2017Russian Su-27 warns off NATO F-16 trying to approach defense minister’s plane over Baltic
- 20.06.2017Moscow confirms new Astana meeting on Syria slated for July 4-5
- 16.06.2017Russia's Caspian Flotilla launches exercises in Makhachkala
- 16.06.2017Putin: US Always Interfered in Russian Elections, Especially in 2012
- 15.06.2017Putin says Russia ready for constructive dialogue with USA
- 15.06.2017Putin: Russia will analyze situation in Donbass to take right decision
- 15.06.2017Putin says ready to cooperate with opposition
- 15.06.2017Lukashenko considers foreign interference in conflicts in post-Soviet territory unacceptable
- 15.06.2017Putin says not surprised over US Senate’s attempts to tighten anti-Russian sanctions
- 15.06.2017Famous Russian actor Alexei Batalov dies
- 15.03.2017Russia's Lavrov slams allegations of Moscow’s new imperial ambition as hoax
- 15.03.2017Liberal Democrats walk out of Duma session after corruption row with United Russia
- 15.03.2017Putin, Sargsyan meet in Moscow
- 15.03.2017Putin, Sargsyan to discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement
- 14.03.2017Kremlin: No decision on Russian UN ambassador candidacy as of yet
- 13.03.2017Russia’s representative may be banned from Eurovision 2017 in Kiev