Russian prosecutors confirm bid urging Interpol to put Ukraine’s ex-PM on wanted list
The Russian Prosecutor General’s Office on Friday confirmed its referring the case of Ukraine’s former Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk to Interpol requesting to put him on the wanted list, APA reported citing TASS.
"It is true, some time ago, the Russian Prosecutor General’s Office issued an instruction for Russia’s National Bureau of Interpol to refer Arseny Yatsenyuk’s case to put him on the international wanted list," Alexander Kurennoy, a spokesman for the Russian Prosecutor General’s Office, told TASS.
Earlier, Russia’s Essentuki city court issued an in-absentia arrest for Ukraine’s former Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk. He was put on an international wanted list on February 21, 2017. Yatsenyuk said he was aware pf a criminal case opened against him under three articles of the Russian Criminal Code, namely participation in an armed group and crimed committed by this group, including intentional murder.
Yatsenyuk’s name was mentioned in a criminal case on attacks on Russian servicemen in 1994-1995 and in 2000 Russia’s North Caucasian republic of Chechnya. Alexander Malofeyev, a member of the Ukrainian nationalist group UNA-UNSO who stood trial on that case, said he and other Ukrainian nationalists had arrived in Chechnya via Georgia. Upon arrival in Chechnya, Ukrainian militants had organized a paramilitary group Viking and Yatsenyuk had been a member of that group, he said.
Related news releases
- 20.04.2018Pashinyan: Situation is not under Serzh Sargsyan’s control
- 20.04.2018Democratic Party sues Russia, Trump campaign for allegedly disrupting 2016 election
- 20.04.2018Armenian police detain 183 opposition activists - UPDATED
- 20.04.2018Putin, Trump will not allow armed confrontation between Russia, US – Lavrov
- 19.04.2018Nikol Pashinyan: "We resume action of total blocking of Yerevan streets"
- 19.04.2018Russia and US may be left without direct flights due to Aeroflot’s visa difficulties
- 19.04.2018Militants who attacked UN Mission in Douma were warned in advance
- 19.04.2018Journalist gets beaten during mass protest in Armenia
- 18.04.2018Opposition march toward Republic Square
- 17.04.2018The Armenian opposition announced the creation of a committee of "velvet revolution"
- 17.04.2018Serzh Sargsyan elected Armenia’s PM
- 17.04.2018FSB exposes IS cell plotting terrorist attacks in Russia
- 16.04.2018Armenian opposition leader urges to block parliament building
- 16.04.201822 injured after demonstrators clash with police in Yerevan
- 16.04.2018Armenia’s Republican Party formally nominates Sargsyan’s candidacy as next PM
- 16.04.2018Armenians protest Sargsyan's appointment as PM
- 15.04.2018Kazakhstan warns of further military de-escalation in Syria
- 14.04.2018Opposition-led protesters break into building of Armenian public radio
- 14.04.2018Serzh Sargsyan nominated for Armenia’s PM
- 14.04.2018Syrian downs 71 out of 103 US coalition cruise missiles: Russian military
- 14.04.2018Putin: Operation launched by US and allies is aggression against sovereign state
- 14.04.2018Russian Defence Ministry: Over 100 missiles fired at Syria
- 14.04.2018Russian Foreign Ministry: "You shelled Syria's capital at the moment when it had gained a chance of a peaceful future"
- 13.04.2018Three wounded in landmine explosion in Armenia
- 13.04.2018Russia calls for emergency UN Security Council meeting
- 12.04.2018Russia asks US to solve problems at 'negotiating table'
- 12.04.2018Russia resumes flights to Egypt
- 11.04.2018Putin expects common sense to prevail amid global tensions
- 11.04.2018Putin's inauguration scheduled for 7 May
- 11.04.2018Moscow to Trump: Are ‘smart’ missiles an attempt to destroy alleged chem attack evidence in Syria?
- 11.04.2018Helicopter Crashes in Russian City of Khabarovsk
- 09.04.2018Russia’s Lavrov calls on Turkey to return Afrin to Damascus control
- 09.04.2018Kazakh TV presenter dies as her leg gets stuck in elevator door
- 09.04.2018Presidential inauguration held in Armenia
- 08.04.2018Russian Aerospace Forces to get three S-400 regimental sets this year — Defense Ministry
- 06.04.2018Russia appoints new ambassador to Armenia
- 05.04.2018Azerbaijani President: "Our personal relations with Vladimir Putin are one of the major factors for successful bilateral relations"
- 04.04.2018Russian foreign intelligence chief says Washington’s system of vassalage has failed
- 04.04.2018Patrushev: Some countries claim to act as global prosecutors and judges all in one
- 03.04.2018NATO will not issue visa to new Russian diplomats
- 28.04.2017Merkel to discuss Ukrainian crisis, Syria with Putin
- 29.04.2017Over 20 feared buried after landslide hits southern Kyrgyzstan
- 29.04.2017Charges filed against rectors of three private universities in Armenia
- 28.04.2017Russia's PM Medvedev thanks Turkish premier for help in evacuating crew of wrecked ship
- 27.04.201713 people indicted for theft from EU Armenia delegation grant funds - UPDATED
- 26.04.2017Russia says U.S. missile strike on Syria was a threat to its forces