Russian President: "Fight against terror should be free from double standards"
Russian President is addressing participants and guests of the 137th Inter-Parliamentary Union Assembly (IPU) in St. Petersburg, APA reports quoting Sputnik.
Russian President Vladimir Putin said at the 137th Inter-Parliamentary Union Assembly (IPU) that imposing sanctions against lawmakers is a counterproductive step.
When commenting on the Russian operation in Syria, the Russian president has reiterated his call for creating a united front against terrorism.
The fight against terrorism should be conducted jointly, without resorting to double standards and use of radicals, Putin said.
He said that attempts to interfere in internal affairs of other countries bring "chaos" in the Middle East and provoke the rise of a terror threat.
Related news releases
- 21.06.2018Armenian military officer caught red-handed for embezzlement of technical supplies
- 21.06.2018Russia’s cooperation with UN to be in focus of Lavrov’s talks with UN Secretary General
- 21.06.2018Russian interior minister arrives in New York to attend UN Chiefs of Police Summit
- 16.06.2018Taxi rams into people in Moscow, at least 8 injured - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Putin introduced Armenian PM to the President of Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Anton Vaino appointed head of Kremlin administration
- 12.06.2018Russian foreign minister praises Trump-Kim meeting
- 12.06.2018Ukraine, Russia fail to agree on UN peacekeeping mission
- 07.06.2018Gazprom appeals against assets seizure in Swiss Court
- 07.06.2018Russia-Armenia trade turnover up by 30 percent last year – Lavrov
- 07.06.2018Russian, Armenian FMs meet in Moscow
- 06.06.2018Russian defense minister: Terror is the main threat to CIS countries
- 06.06.2018Putin expects sanctions on Russia to be removed with time, relations with US to improve
- 05.06.2018Russia not trying to split EU, Putin says before rare visit to Western Europe
- 03.06.2018Counterterrorism operation regime introduced in Dagestan
- 01.06.2018NPP reactor will be closed for repair In Armenia
- 31.05.2018Russia to cut excise duties on diesel fuel, gasoline starting from June 1
- 31.05.2018Moscow "House of Books" allows presentation of American historian's book about the "Armenian Genocide" after APA's news
- 30.05.2018Russia slams Ukraine's staging reporter's murder as `anti-Russian provocation'
- 30.05.2018Russian journalist believed to be dead turns up alive at news conference
- 29.05.2018Putin appoints Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 29.05.2018Lavrov notes US not interested in cooperating with Russia on cybersecurity
- 29.05.2018Armenian serviceman dies in road accident
- 26.05.2018Putin: Turkey has right to choose its military aircraft
- 25.05.2018Plenary meeting held in Petersburg forum with participation of Russian, French and Japan leaders
- 25.05.2018Armenian president visits Georgia
- 25.05.2018Cancellation of US-North Korea summit is ‘testing humanity’s nerve’ — Russian senator
- 25.05.2018Second Syrian National Dialogue Congress planned to be held in Sochi next month
- 25.05.2018Man taking hostages in Moscow apartment detained
- 24.05.2018Man takes three hostages in Moscow - Interior Ministry
- 24.05.2018Russian Defense Ministry general detained
- 24.05.2018Man commits suicide after killing five in Russia
- 24.05.2018Armenia army chief to be dismissed
- 20.05.2018Pentagon says Moscow 'not doing enough' to fight terrorism within borders
- 20.05.2018All militants who attacked church in Grozny identified, says Chechnya’s head
- 18.05.2018Putin approves new cabinet
- 17.05.2018Putin Met With Assad in Sochi - Kremlin Spokesman
- 17.05.2018Putin: Defense Ministry allocates $24 billion for state defense order 2018
- 16.05.2018Protesters storm mayor’s building in Yerevan
- 16.05.2018Russian embassy warns of attempts to embroil other states in Skripal case
- 14.10.2017Russian FSB, police detain İSİL supporters preparing terrorist attacks
- 16.10.2017Armenian citizen shot dead in downtown Moscow
- 16.10.2017Lavrov comments on construction of subsea pipeline in Caspian Sea
- 13.10.2017Lavrov urges to give up on escalating tensions around DPRK
- 11.10.2017Putin: Volume of trade between CIS countries has reached $75 billion
- 11.10.2017Lukashenko criticizes CIS Interparliamentary Assembly for low efficiency