Russian political analysts comment on US-planned military training in Persian Gulf
Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
Related news releases
- 25.09.2016'US apologized to Assad' for killing troops: Russian FM
- 23.09.2016Kyrgyzstan's president arrives in Moscow for treatment
- 23.09.2016Russian FM: "We will continue our work to guarantee the ceasefire in Syria"
- 23.09.2016Moscow says Russia will not bargain with EU over sanctions at UN General Assembly
- 22.09.2016US, Russia stand ready to provide Lethal aid to Libyan Security Forces
- 21.09.2016Armenian soldier faints during parade in Yerevan - VIDEO
- 21.09.2016Russian FM: "Russia, Arab Gulf States may jointly improve situation in Middle East"
- 20.09.2016Russian MoD Releases Footage of Attacked UN Aid Convoy in Syria's Aleppo - VIDEO
- 20.09.2016Son of Armenia’s Gyumri mayor candidate found dead
- 19.09.2016Kyrgyz president cuts short visit to New York for health reasons
- 19.09.2016Russia may create Ministry for State Security
- 19.09.2016Armenian author expresses regret over lack of schools in country
- 19.09.2016Armenia experiencing Karabakhization process, says expert
- 19.09.2016Russian Duma election results may be canceled in three ballot stations
- 18.09.2016Medvedev Announces United Russia Party’s Victory in 2016 Parliamentary Elections
- 18.09.2016Washington does not fulfill its commitments on Syria — Russian Foreign Ministry
- 18.09.2016Russian Foreign Ministry: White House 'Defending the Islamic State' Terrorists
- 17.09.2016Armenia defense minister to turn down offer to become CSTO chief
- 17.09.2016Russia suggests holding next CIS summit in Moscow
- 16.09.2016Russia to chair CIS in 2017
- 16.09.2016Lavrov: Ankara beginning to abandon ultimatums on Assad’s fate
- 16.09.2016Bishkek hosts meeting of CIS Council of Foreign Ministers
- 16.09.2016Acting Uzbek president nominated for December 4 poll
- 15.09.2016Armenian prisoner escapes on way to court
- 15.09.2016A large number of cartridges stolen from Armenia military warehouse
- 14.09.2016Russian Finance Ministry proposes to reduce funding of public media
- 14.09.2016New Turkmen Constitution adopted, presidential term extended to 7 years
- 14.09.2016Russian hackers leak Simone Biles and Serena Williams files
- 13.09.2016Armenia's new prime minister appointed
- 13.09.2016Estonian President Appoints Jurgen Ligi as New Foreign Minister
- 13.09.2016Ukraine says prepared to hold 'good faith' talks with Russia on $3 billion debt
- 12.09.2016Armenian defense minister likely to become new CSTO chief – report
- 11.09.2016Russia waiting for remaining permits on Turkish Stream in coming days - source
- 09.09.2016Kazakh president appoints new PM
- 09.09.2016Sargsyan again relies on ‘Karabakh clan’ – media
- 09.09.2016Uzbekistan presidential election set for Dec. 4
- 08.09.2016Armenia ruling party approves candidacy for the post of PM
- 08.09.2016CIS security service heads to meet in Baku Sept. 28
- 08.09.2016Uzbekistan appoints temporary acting president
- 08.09.2016Kazakh PM dismissed, moved to security service
- 30.04.2013S.Ossetian President Urges Diplomats to Push for Recognition
- 01.05.2013Three Policemen Killed, Two Wounded in Russia’s Dagestan
- 01.05.2013Turkmen president escapes injury in riding accident - VIDEO
- 30.04.2013Japan, Russia Agree to Revive Peace Talks
- 30.04.2013Russia, Japan Demand N.Korea Comply With UN Resolutions
- 30.04.2013Russia Denies Threatening Ireland With Adoption Ban