Russian political analysts comment on US-planned military training in Persian Gulf
Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
Related news releases
- 30.07.2016Vice President of Armenia’s “Heritagae” party arrested
- 30.07.2016Council of Europe expresses concern over events in Armenia
- 30.07.2016Fire sparks in one of Yerevan’s Sari Tagh houses, there are wounded
- 29.07.2016Police disperse demonstrators in Yerevan, 100 protesters detained - UPDATED-2
- 29.07.2016Armenia’s population declines in H1 2016
- 29.07.2016Ukraine bans 243 Russian companies from working on its territory
- 29.07.2016Protest march staged in Armenia’s Gyumri
- 28.07.2016Another protest action begins in Yerevan
- 28.07.2016Russia beefs up military on southwestern flank as NATO approaches
- 27.07.2016Doctor: “The leader of armed group in Yerevan is in serious condition”
- 27.07.2016Irregular shots are being fired from seized Erebuni police station
- 26.07.2016March kicks off from Yerevan’s Khorenatsi street to police and NSS buildings - UPDATED
- 26.07.2016Russian FSB searched the house of the head of the Federal customs service
- 26.07.2016Turkey ready to resume Turkish Stream project, says Russia
- 26.07.2016Armed group in Yerevan sets bus on fire at seized police station
- 24.07.2016Armed group refuses a mediator in the negotiations with the authorities in Yerevan
- 23.07.2016Armed group released 2 hostages in Yerevan
- 23.07.2016Lavrov: Rebuilding coop. with Turkey depends on Syria
- 23.07.2016Russian serviceman killed by self-detonating bomb in Syria
- 22.07.2016Kerry, Russian foreign minister to discuss Syria in coming days
- 22.07.2016Russian FM talks on US pre-conditions of co-op on Syria
- 21.07.2016Police disperse protesters in Yerevan - UPDATED
- 20.07.2016Putin, Erdogan to meet in early August - Kremlin
- 20.07.2016Car explosion kills prominent journalist Pavel Sheremet
- 20.07.2016Lefortovo court in a closed regime arrested the Deputy head of the own security service of the TFR
- 19.07.2016Situation tense near Yerevan police headquarters, 4 policemen injured - UPDATED - 1
- 18.07.2016Gunmen kill two policemen in Almaty
- 17.07.2016Shopping mall in Moscow evacuated amid bomb threat
- 15.07.2016Kerry’s delegation takes time-out in talks with Lavrov — Foreign Ministry
- 15.07.2016Lavrov, Kerry hold talks in Moscow
- 15.07.2016Central Asia, Caucasus Republics at risk of Syria-style crises – Shoigu
- 14.07.2016Russia offers to fly warplanes more safely over Baltics
- 13.07.2016Fatal traffic accident kills 7, injures 26 people in Dagestan
- 12.07.2016Belarus inflation rises to 7.4 pct in first half of 2016
- 11.07.2016Demographic situation in Armenia ‘critical’ – expert
- 11.07.2016Iran endorses visa-free regime with Armenia
- 10.07.2016Gorbachev: 'The next war will be the last'
- 08.07.2016NATO’s Russia concerns are ‘absurd’: Kremlin
- 07.07.2016Armored SUV owned by Saakashvili stolen in Kiev
- 07.07.2016Belarus wants normalization of relations with U.S.
- 30.04.2013S.Ossetian President Urges Diplomats to Push for Recognition
- 01.05.2013Three Policemen Killed, Two Wounded in Russia’s Dagestan
- 01.05.2013Turkmen president escapes injury in riding accident - VIDEO
- 30.04.2013Japan, Russia Agree to Revive Peace Talks
- 30.04.2013Russia, Japan Demand N.Korea Comply With UN Resolutions
- 30.04.2013Russia Denies Threatening Ireland With Adoption Ban