Russian political analysts comment on US-planned military training in Persian Gulf
Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
Related news releases
- 08.12.2016Russia-Azerbaijan-Turkey inter-parliamentary friendship group is created
- 08.12.2016Russia says U.S. bill will restrict its diplomats, pledges retaliation
- 07.12.2016Central banks of Turkey, Russia plan to use national currencies in bilateral trade
- 07.12.2016European auditors say Ukraine still perceived as Europe’s most corrupted state
- 06.12.2016Russia says US cancels Aleppo talks
- 06.12.2016Russian, Turkish PMs meet in Moscow
- 06.12.2016Ukraine ready to join trilateral gas talks in Brussels
- 05.12.2016Heydar Jemal’s funeral to take place in Almaty
- 05.12.2016Uzbekistan PM Mirziyoyev wins presidential election
- 05.12.2016Russia’s FSB detains over 1,400 trespassers in joint op with Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan
- 04.12.2016Russian security service kills North Caucasus ISIS 'emir'
- 02.12.2016At least 8 killed in Libya clashes
- 01.12.2016Putin: Russia ready to take part in resolving int’l problems
- 01.12.2016Russia ready to cooperate with new US administration
- 01.12.2016Russian economy is on way to recovery, Putin says
- 01.12.2016Atambayev: Russian military base must leave Kyrgyzstan
- 01.12.2016Ukraine starts missile launch drills near Crimea
- 01.12.2016Ukraine prepares missile test near Crimea, angering Russia
- 01.12.2016Lavrov and Kerry will discuss Ukraine at meeting in Rome
- 01.12.2016Russia says ready to escort aid agencies into eastern Aleppo
- 30.11.2016Russia, Armenia sign combined forces agreement
- 30.11.2016Putin says establishing relations with Trump is crucial for whole world
- 30.11.2016Kremlin expects Ankara’s explanation on Erdogan’s statement on Syria
- 30.11.2016Russia threatened Ukraine with missile strikes: sources
- 29.11.2016Ukraine's Yanukovich blames radicals for bloodshed at Maidan protests
- 25.11.2016Ex-President Yanukovych says supports Ukraine's territorial integrity
- 25.11.2016Putin presents Russian passport to Hollywood actor Seagal
- 25.11.2016Ivan Mikoyan, co-creator of iconic MiG-29, dies aged 89
- 24.11.2016Russian FM due in Turkey
- 23.11.2016Armenia to insist on its candidate for post of CSTO secretary general
- 23.11.2016Moscow says ready to build constructive relations with Washington
- 22.11.2016Ukraine detains two Russian soldiers near Crimean border
- 21.11.20163,200 Russians joined ISIS since start of conflict: government
- 19.11.2016Poroshenko questioned for 6 hours on Euromaidan - source
- 18.11.2016Ukrainian Prosecutor General: Saakashvili won’t be handed over to Georgia - UPDATED
- 18.11.2016Poroshenko expected to visit U.S. and meet with Trump
- 18.11.2016Armenian serviceman found dead with gunshot wounds
- 17.11.2016Moscow comments on State Dept spokesman’s remarks on RT
- 15.11.2016Russian economy minister officially charged with bribery
- 15.11.2016Putin, Medvedev discuss arrest of economy minister
- 30.04.2013S.Ossetian President Urges Diplomats to Push for Recognition
- 01.05.2013Three Policemen Killed, Two Wounded in Russia’s Dagestan
- 01.05.2013Turkmen president escapes injury in riding accident - VIDEO
- 30.04.2013Japan, Russia Agree to Revive Peace Talks
- 30.04.2013Russia, Japan Demand N.Korea Comply With UN Resolutions
- 30.04.2013Russia Denies Threatening Ireland With Adoption Ban