Russian political analysts comment on US-planned military training in Persian Gulf
Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
Related news releases
- 18.01.2017Russian top diplomat believes OSCE may play important role in settling Ukrainian crisis
- 18.01.2017OSCE aims to help resolve conflict in eastern Ukraine: Chairperson
- 18.01.2017Putin dismisses secret Trump dossier claims
- 17.01.2017Poroshenko says meeting with Trump agreed
- 17.01.2017Lavrov: Russia "did right thing" by starting its anti-terrorism campaign in Syria
- 17.01.2017Ukraine files suit against Russia for allegedly violating UN conventions
- 16.01.2017Biden: Anti-Russian sanctions to remain until fulfillment of Minsk and Crimea de-occupation
- 16.01.2017Moscow accuses US intelligence of trying to recruit Russian diplomat
- 16.01.2017US Vice-President Biden arrives in Ukraine for last meeting with Poroshenko
- 12.01.2017Dmitry Peskov: "US deployment of troops in Poland 'threat' for Russia"
- 12.01.2017Russia's Chechnya chief says dozens of militants captured
- 11.01.2017Large amount of money stolen from bank in Moscow
- 10.01.2017Russian Aerospace Forces in Syria fulfilled task set by Putin: defense minister
- 06.01.2017Temperature to drop to minus 35 C in Moscow
- 06.01.2017Mother-superior of women’s monastery murdered in Belarus
- 06.01.2017Car crash leaves six dead in Ukraine
- 06.01.2017Russia starts cutting grouping of forces in Syria
- 05.01.2017Accountant of Kazakh embassy in Belarus suspected of $680K embezzlement
- 02.01.2017Russian military officer found dead in Yerevan hotel
- 02.01.2017Nine dead after building collapses in Kazakhstan
- 31.12.2016Russian, Iranian presidents agree to work closely on Syria
- 30.12.2016Putin, Nazarbayev discuss planned Syria talks
- 30.12.2016Russia will determine steps in restoring ties with US depending on Trump - Putin
- 30.12.2016Russia announces 35 US diplomats persona non grata
- 30.12.2016Russian deputy defense minister appointed deputy foreign minister
- 30.12.2016Obama debased his own people by expelling Russian diplomats - Zakharova
- 30.12.2016US sanctions show Obama’s inconsistency, aggression - Kremlin
- 29.12.2016Six dead in car crash in Russia
- 29.12.2016Seven ISIL members detained in Dagestan
- 29.12.2016Armenian army general gets into car accident
- 28.12.2016Putin: No one can create problems for Russia
- 28.12.2016Another flight recorder of Russian Tu-154 recovered from seabed
- 27.12.2016Lavrov warns Kerry arms supplies to Syrian militants may lead to new bloodshed
- 27.12.2016Armed robber who took woman hostage in Moscow commits suicide
- 27.12.2016Russian Tu-154 plane’s flight data recorder recovered from water
- 26.12.2016Russia’s FSB says no signs of terror plot in Tu-154 crash
- 26.12.2016Three Moscow railway stations evacuated amid bomb threats: source
- 25.12.2016Russian military jet Tu-154 carrying some 91 people has disappeared from radars after takeoff in Sochi - UPDATED
- 24.12.2016Putin says Assad, Iran, Turkey agree to Syria talks in Kazakh capital
- 23.12.2016“Ilham Aliyev. Portrait of the President on the background of changes” book presented in Moscow
- 30.04.2013S.Ossetian President Urges Diplomats to Push for Recognition
- 01.05.2013Three Policemen Killed, Two Wounded in Russia’s Dagestan
- 01.05.2013Turkmen president escapes injury in riding accident - VIDEO
- 30.04.2013Japan, Russia Agree to Revive Peace Talks
- 30.04.2013Russia, Japan Demand N.Korea Comply With UN Resolutions
- 30.04.2013Russia Denies Threatening Ireland With Adoption Ban