Russian political analysts comment on US-planned military training in Persian Gulf
Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2016BP says Russian gas to remain attractive for Europe
- 20.10.2016Militants attack Syrian army positions near Castello road in Aleppo
- 19.10.2016Acting Uzbek leader nominated as presidential candidate
- 18.10.2016Iraqi Mosul to face humanitarian catastrophe - Russian Foreign Ministry
- 17.10.2016Russia announces pause in Syria attacks
- 17.10.2016Armenian soldier detained for killing fellow soldier
- 15.10.2016CSTO leaders to elect secretary general in St. Petersburg
- 14.10.2016Putin in Yerevan for CSTO meeting
- 14.10.2016Moscow-Yerevan bus crash leaves 5 dead, 32 injured
- 14.10.2016Putin ratifies agreement on Russian air group deployment in Syria
- 13.10.2016Russia discloses reason for arms supplies to Armenia
- 13.10.2016Russia to continue to strengthen military-technical co-op with Armenia
- 13.10.2016Kazakh leader's daughter speaks on father’s health
- 13.10.2016Russia's Putin says Aleppo war crimes accusations are 'rhetoric'
- 12.10.2016Putin: Western sanctions affect Russia in limiting access to technology
- 12.10.2016Russia cannot extradite Snowden to US - ambassador
- 11.10.2016Russia’s FSB chief says 95 militants eliminated in North Caucasus since early 2016
- 11.10.2016Russia forced to take adequate measures in response to US missile defense plans
- 11.10.2016Putin cancels visit to France amid Syria tensions
- 11.10.2016Putin due in Armenia for CSTO meeting
- 10.10.2016Russia, Turkey sign Turkish Stream agreement
- 10.10.2016No real reason to say era of hydrocarbons ending - Putin
- 10.10.2016Putin discusses Turkish Stream pipeline project development with Erdogan
- 10.10.2016Russia plans permanent navy base in Syria's Tartus
- 09.10.2016Russia blocks French UN security council ceasefire resolution on Syria's Aleppo
- 08.10.2016US has no serious proofs against Russia regarding hacker attacks - foreign ministry
- 07.10.2016Russian parliament ratifies indefinite deployment of Air Force in Syria
- 07.10.2016Putin dismisses more than 10 generals from Interior Ministry
- 07.10.2016Kremlin gives no comment on Russia's plans for military bases in Cuba, Vietnam
- 06.10.2016Lavrov: Russian S-300, S-400 air defense systems threaten no one in Syria
- 06.10.2016Russian FM due in Yerevan for CSTO meeting
- 05.10.2016Russia suspends nuclear agreement, ends uranium research pact with United States
- 05.10.2016Newspaper: Armenia ex-defense minister to join opposition
- 05.10.2016Russian defense ministry confirms work on 5th-generation nuclear sub
- 05.10.2016UNSC members' veto power key to global power balance - Russian foreign ministry
- 05.10.2016Russia has to play role in political solution in Syria – Theresa May
- 04.10.2016Putin due in Turkey for bilateral talks
- 03.10.2016Putin suspends nuclear pact, raising stakes in row with Washington
- 03.10.2016Russian Foreign Ministry: Washington’s actions have resulted in regrouping of militants in Syria
- 03.10.2016Armenia names new defense minister
- 30.04.2013S.Ossetian President Urges Diplomats to Push for Recognition
- 01.05.2013Three Policemen Killed, Two Wounded in Russia’s Dagestan
- 01.05.2013Turkmen president escapes injury in riding accident - VIDEO
- 30.04.2013Japan, Russia Agree to Revive Peace Talks
- 30.04.2013Russia, Japan Demand N.Korea Comply With UN Resolutions
- 30.04.2013Russia Denies Threatening Ireland With Adoption Ban