Russian political analysts comment on US-planned military training in Persian Gulf
Moscow. Farid Akberov. “US will deploy its troops withdrawn from Afghanistan in the Persian Gulf. The goal is to influence the presidential elections in Iran this year”, said the Russian political analyst, Director General of Center for Studying Modern Iran Rajab Safarov at the event “Trainings in the Persian Gulf: preparation for realizing the threat”, APA's Moscow correspondent reports. He noted that on May 6, the US will start large-scale trainings in the Persian Gulf with the participation of more than 30 countries: “US trainings in the Persian Gulf directly contradict Russia's national interests and Iran’s policy”.
Chairman of Russian Islamic Committee, political analyst Heydar Jamal said the US and western countries’ threats against Iran are not persuasive. According to him, Iran understands that the US will not start war against Iran in the current situation: “Without resolution of the problem in Syria, armed attack on Iran is not persuasive. The trainings in the Persian Gulf are another bluff of the US against Iran”.
Military commentator of the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, retired colonel Viktor Baranets also assessed the US trainings in the Persian Gulf as the next bluff against Iran: “US and NATO generals are not so fool to start war against Iran. Iran is able to defeat any attack from the Gulf. War can be difficult for the US. The US understands it well. Therefore, its threat against Iran is nothing but a political bluff, because the US has not solved the problem in Syria yet. Bashar Assad regime is almost about to win. ”
Baranets said ban imposed by Russia on sale of C-300 missiles is a mistake.
"If Iran had C-300 missiles, the US would not have such an intention," he said.
Political analyst Stanislav Ivanov said the US' aim is not only to exert pressure on Iran.
"There is Russia and China factor. It is known that civil war is going on in Syria. Taking into account the results of the events in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Egypt, it is possible to imagine how the problem in Syria will be solved. The war is becoming regional. If war starts against Iran, it means the beginning of the third world war," he said.
Related news releases
- 30.08.2016Kremlin: Putin-Obama meeting at G20 yet to be coordinated
- 29.08.2016Putin not to watch friendly football match in Turkey
- 29.08.2016Uzbek leader in stable condition after brain hemorrhage, says daughter
- 28.08.2016Anti-terror operation launched in Dagestan district in Russia’s North Caucasus
- 27.08.2016Iran, Russia sign 1B dollar contract to build offshore drilling rigs
- 27.08.2016Russian detained in Armenia on US request
- 27.08.2016Russia lifts restrictions on charter flights to Turkey
- 27.08.2016Casualties from Moscow fire are all Kyrgyz migrants
- 27.08.201617 dead in huge fire at Moscow warehouse - UPDATED
- 26.08.2016Bankrupt Armenian businessman charged with taking hostages in Moscow bank to face 15 years in jail
- 26.08.2016Meeting of chiefs of Russian, Turkish General Staff delayed
- 26.08.2016Armenia still a Russian colony: The Huffington Post
- 25.08.2016Russian, Turkish General Staff chiefs to meet in Ankara
- 24.08.2016Man threatening to blow up building in Moscow surrenders to police
- 24.08.2016Over 2,500 Ukrainian servicemen killed in past 2.5 years - Poroshenko
- 23.08.2016Valery Permyakov sentenced to life in jail for murder of Armenian family
- 22.08.2016Russia: future use of Iranian air base depends on circumstances in Syria
- 22.08.2016Ukrainian prosecutor's office to nail on charges against 39 Russia citizens, including Russian defense minister
- 22.08.2016Russia's use of Iranian air base will depend on situation in Syria
- 22.08.2016Russia Investigative Committee: 350 children committed suicide this year
- 22.08.2016Saakashvili: Results of Ukraine at Rio Olympics 'disastrous'
- 19.08.2016Putin: Russia not going to cut off relations with Ukraine over Kiev’s plot in Crimea
- 19.08.2016Court to issue Permyakov verdict on August 23
- 19.08.2016Putin: Vital to revive economic ties with Ukraine
- 19.08.2016Saakashvili's wife to compete for seat in Georgian parliament
- 17.08.2016Men armed with axes, guns attack police station near Moscow, 2 officers injured - officials
- 16.08.2016Putin: Russia sincerely seeks to restore relations with Turkey
- 16.08.2016Armenia hosting meeting of CSTO member countries’ defence ministers
- 16.08.2016Armenian, Russian defense ministers discuss military cooperation
- 16.08.2016Russia’s base in Armenia is guarantor of stability in Caucasus – Defence Ministry
- 16.08.2016Russia says close to joint military action with U.S. in Aleppo
- 15.08.2016Russia prevented NATO’s cruise missile strikes on Syria – Shoygu
- 15.08.201618 hours of heavy rain throws life out of gear in Moscow
- 15.08.2016Lavrov: Turkey promised to consider establishing international control on border with Syria
- 15.08.2016Lavrov: Normandy dialogue affected by sabotage attempt in Crimea
- 15.08.2016No one is interested in cutting Russia-Ukraine ties – Lavrov
- 15.08.2016Russia holding large-scale military exercises in Caspian Sea
- 14.08.2016Russia to help Iran build 2 nuclear power plants
- 12.08.2016Moscow has no plans of allowing OSCE observers to Crimea
- 12.08.2016Russia deploys advanced S-400 air missile system to Crimea: agencies
- 30.04.2013S.Ossetian President Urges Diplomats to Push for Recognition
- 01.05.2013Three Policemen Killed, Two Wounded in Russia’s Dagestan
- 01.05.2013Turkmen president escapes injury in riding accident - VIDEO
- 30.04.2013Japan, Russia Agree to Revive Peace Talks
- 30.04.2013Russia, Japan Demand N.Korea Comply With UN Resolutions
- 30.04.2013Russia Denies Threatening Ireland With Adoption Ban