Russian Il-18 plane with 39 on board crash-lands
An Il-18 plane has crashed in Russia's Sakha Republic (Yakutia) on Monday, Sputnik International reported.
"As a result of the accident, all passengers and crew members are alive. Sixteen individuals sustained severe injuries. Search-and-rescue helicopters have evacuated 23 people to regional health centers of Tiksi settlement," the Russian Defense Ministry said.
The plane had 39 individuals on board. Sources earlier said four or five people were likely to have survived.
"According to preliminary information, the plane broke into three, he crash was not followed by fire outbreak," a source in the law enforcement said earlier. Among the 39 people on board, 32 were passengers and seven were crew members. The source said a crew error as well as adverse weather conditions could have caused the crash.
The crash site was located and three Mi-8 helicopters of the Russian Emergencies Ministry were sent to it. The plane reportedly belonged to the Russian Aerospace Forces and carried officers.
"The plane made an emergency landing at 4:45, 30 kilometers (18 miles) away from Tiksi. The plane had been conducting a planned flight from the Kansk airbase," the Defense Ministry added.
The ministry sent a special commission to investigate the accident.
Related news releases
- 28.04.2017Russia's PM Medvedev thanks Turkish premier for help in evacuating crew of wrecked ship
- 27.04.201713 people indicted for theft from EU Armenia delegation grant funds - UPDATED
- 26.04.2017Russia says U.S. missile strike on Syria was a threat to its forces
- 26.04.2017Sixth Moscow conference on int’l security kicks off
- 25.04.2017Russian schoolboy hospitalized after being attacked by lion
- 24.04.2017Georgian first lady’s brother sentenced to 4 years in prison
- 24.04.2017Mogherini: EU still has disagreements with Russia on Ukraine issue
- 22.04.2017Russian serviceman killed in Armenia
- 21.04.2017Protest staged outside government building in Yerevan
- 21.04.2017Over half of Russians want Lenin’s body to be buried - poll
- 21.04.2017Unidentified gunman opens fire in FSB office in Russia’s Khabarovsk
- 21.04.2017Russian army pilots in Armenia hold night trainings
- 21.04.2017State of counter-terror operation imposed in two districts in Dagestan
- 20.04.2017Russia says metro bomber funded by 'international terrorists' in Turkey
- 20.04.2017Russia’s FSB close to establishing instigator of St. Petersburg metro attack
- 19.04.2017FSB detains brother of St. Petersburg metro attack suspect
- 19.04.2017Russian journalist dies after attack in St. Petersburg
- 19.04.2017Ukrainian MP slams Zaporozhye regional council for “Armenian genocide” statement
- 19.04.2017Russia's FSB eliminates two Central Asian would-be terrorists in Vladimir region
- 19.04.2017OSCE Secretary General, Russian FM to mull Karabakh conflict
- 19.04.2017US F-22 fighter jets scrambled to intercept Russian strategic bombers near Alaska
- 18.04.2017Russian president congratulates Turkish counterpart on outcome of Turkey's Constitutional Referendum
- 18.04.2017Russia puts Moscow air defenses on high alert
- 18.04.2017Normandy Four states point out importance of Easter ceasefire in Donbass
- 17.04.2017Suspected organizer of St. Petersburg metro attack detained near Moscow
- 17.04.2017Russia to open embassy in self-proclaimed “Republic of Abkhazia”
- 14.04.2017Armenian opposition appeals to Constitutional Court to annul outcome of elections
- 14.04.2017Yuri Khachaturov appointed CSTO Secretary General
- 14.04.2017MP comments on Baku mosque demolition case
- 14.04.2017Russian, Iranian and Syrian foreign ministers hold trilateral talks
- 14.04.2017Eurasian Economic Union endorses Moldova’s application for observer status
- 14.04.2017St.Peterburg teenager seriously injured as bomb goes off in his hands
- 13.04.2017Russian and Turkish presidents hold phone conversation
- 13.04.2017Belarus pays off $726 mln gas debt to Russia's Gazprom
- 13.04.2017Former head of Russia's Mari El Republic detained over suspected bribe-taking
- 12.04.2017Russia’s top diplomat demands probe into Syrian chemical attack
- 12.04.2017Putin says trust erodes under Trump, Moscow icily receives Tillerson
- 12.04.2017Russian, Iranian and Syrian foreign ministers to meet in Moscow
- 12.04.2017Putin: Almost half of foreign Islamic State militants are from CIS countries
- 12.04.2017Putin vows he won’t allow color revolutions in Russia
- 19.12.2016Armenian appellate court upholds lower court decision on Gyumri family murder by Russian soldier
- 19.12.2016Russia, Iran, Turkey defense ministers to meet in Moscow
- 20.12.2016Russian Foreign Ministry: Russian ambassador's murder aimed to undermine Syrian settlement efforts
- 16.12.2016Russian Defense Ministry: "Operation to liberate eastern Aleppo from terrorists has been completed"
- 15.12.2016ISIL terrorist attacks prevented in Moscow
- 15.12.2016Media: Russian Deputy Prime Minister to visit Baku