Russia’s representative may be banned from Eurovision 2017 in Kiev
Russia’s Eurovision 2017 entry Yulia Samoylova may be banned from participation in the song contest to held in Kiev this summer, Anton Gerashchenko, an adviser to Ukraine's interior minister, said in an interview to Govorit Moskva (Moscow speaking) radio, APA reported.
He outlined that if she is really a person of art, Ukraine could only be pleased with the Russian representative’s performance in Kiev.
“If she has not supported Crimea’s annexation and the aggression on Ukraine publicly, there is no problem. However, if she’s going to make political statements, she might be banned from entry to Ukraine,” he said.
Wheelchair-bound singer Yulia Samoilova will represent Russia at the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest in Kiev with the song Flame Is Burning, Russia’s Channel One said on Sunday.
A total of 43 countries will participate in the Eurovision Song Contest this year.
Semifinals will be held in the Ukrainian capital on May 9 and 11. The grand final will take place on May 13. The show will be hosted by the International Exhibition Centre in Kiev, the country’s biggest exhibition center with an area of about 58,000 square meters.
Related news releases
- 28.03.2017Ukraine Prime Minister accepts invitation to visit Georgia in November
- 27.03.2017Russian opposition activist gets 15 days in jail
- 27.03.2017Lavrov slams West’s reaction to protests across Russia as usual double-standards
- 27.03.2017Russian Security Service busts hardcore arms smugglers
- 26.03.2017New US sanctions mean continuation of anti-Russian course – Russian Lawmaker
- 24.03.2017Russian FM comments on reports on sending of military convoy to Armenia through Georgia
- 24.03.2017IS assumes responsibility for attack on Russian National Guard base
- 24.03.2017Vladimir Putin meets French far-right candidate Marine Le Pen in Moscow
- 24.03.2017Russian ex-MP Voronenkov’s assassin was named as Pavel Parshov
- 24.03.2017Six Russian militants killed in attempted attack on National Guard in Chechnya
- 24.03.2017Ukrainian Interior Ministry: Voronenkov was killed by Russian intelligence agent
- 23.03.2017Kremlin slams absurd claims about alleged ‘Russian link’ to politician's murder
- 23.03.2017Moscow shocked by Russian ex-lawmaker's 'demonstrative' killing in Kiev
- 23.03.2017Former member of Russia’s State Duma gunned down in Kiev
- 23.03.2017Depot fire in Ukraine's Kharkiv caused by sabotage - military prosecutor - UPDATED
- 23.03.2017Ukraine says sanctions on Russian banks to start from Thursday
- 22.03.2017Former 'defense minister' of so-called NK Republic detained
- 22.03.2017Russia’s Eurovision contestant may be banned from entering Ukraine for 3 years
- 19.03.2017Clashes occur between demonstrators and police in Yerevan
- 19.03.20172,000 protest against St.Isaac Cathedral’s transfer to Orthodox Church in St. Petersburg
- 18.03.2017No explosives found at Moscow railway station after bomb threat call
- 17.03.2017Russia issues int’l arrest warrant for Baku-born woman over alleged involvement in armed groups
- 17.03.2017Blast at coke factory in Zaporizhya claims four lives
- 17.03.2017A protest action takes place in the center of Yerevan
- 16.03.2017Ukraine's national bank proposes sanctions against Russian banks
- 16.03.2017Russia to assist Armenia-Turkey talks – Lavrov
- 16.03.2017Moscow believes restoration of co-op with Ankara will serve stability in South Caucasus
- 15.03.2017Putin, Sargsyan meet in Moscow
- 15.03.2017Liberal Democrats walk out of Duma session after corruption row with United Russia
- 15.03.2017Russia's Lavrov slams allegations of Moscow’s new imperial ambition as hoax
- 10.03.2017Putin: "I'd like to emphasize that we view Turkey as our key partner"
- 10.03.2017Turkish Stream to increase Turkey’s transit potential – Putin
- 10.03.2017Putin, Erdogan holding meeting in Moscow
- 09.03.2017Telman Ismailov officially declared bankrupt
- 09.03.2017Russia’s Putin sacks 10 generals
- 09.03.2017Two Armenian businessmen shot dead in Russia
- 09.03.2017Lavrov: No conflict can be resolved without US involvement
- 07.03.2017Avian influence outbreak reported in Russia
- 07.03.2017Putin pardons Russian woman convicted of high treason
- 07.03.2017Armenian president departs for France on official visit
- 14.03.2017Kremlin: No decision on Russian UN ambassador candidacy as of yet
- 15.03.2017Putin, Sargsyan to discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2017Russian special services prevented a major terrorist attack planned in Moscow
- 13.03.2017Military exercises launched in Russia’s south
- 12.03.2017Astana ready to host talks on Syria on March 14-15 - Kazakhstan’s foreign ministry
- 11.03.2017Moscow cinema evacuated over bomb alert