Russia’s representative may be banned from Eurovision 2017 in Kiev
Russia’s Eurovision 2017 entry Yulia Samoylova may be banned from participation in the song contest to held in Kiev this summer, Anton Gerashchenko, an adviser to Ukraine's interior minister, said in an interview to Govorit Moskva (Moscow speaking) radio, APA reported.
He outlined that if she is really a person of art, Ukraine could only be pleased with the Russian representative’s performance in Kiev.
“If she has not supported Crimea’s annexation and the aggression on Ukraine publicly, there is no problem. However, if she’s going to make political statements, she might be banned from entry to Ukraine,” he said.
Wheelchair-bound singer Yulia Samoilova will represent Russia at the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest in Kiev with the song Flame Is Burning, Russia’s Channel One said on Sunday.
A total of 43 countries will participate in the Eurovision Song Contest this year.
Semifinals will be held in the Ukrainian capital on May 9 and 11. The grand final will take place on May 13. The show will be hosted by the International Exhibition Centre in Kiev, the country’s biggest exhibition center with an area of about 58,000 square meters.
Related news releases
- 22.09.2017Lavrov calls on US-led coalition not to spare Jabhat al-Nusra
- 21.09.2017Kazakhstan’s former prime minister released from prison
- 20.09.2017Russian FM: "Russia interested in bringing ties with US back to normal"
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani shot dead in Moscow
- 18.09.2017People's Artist of USSR Zurab Sotkilava dies at 80
- 17.09.2017Russian Foreign Ministry: Lavrov and Tillerson discuss Syria by phone
- 17.09.2017Russian eastern Kamchatka region hit by 5.6-magnitude quake
- 16.09.2017Russia’s Yak-130 crashes during training flight
- 16.09.2017Fire occurred in nursing home in Russia
- 16.09.20173 dead after children’s camp burns down in Odessa, Ukraine
- 15.09.2017Putin discusses North Korean missile test with his security council: agencies
- 15.09.2017Shots in downtown Yerevan, one dead
- 14.09.2017Editor of Interfax agency found dead
- 12.09.2017Putin has not yet announced his participation in 2018 election – Kremlin
- 09.09.2017At least one dead as car explodes in central Kiev
- 05.09.2017Russia, Egypt oppose Myanmar violence, call for control over situation – Putin
- 05.09.2017Putin and Moon condemn North Korea over missile test: Kremlin
- 05.09.2017Uzbek leader reshuffles security officials, removes veteran defense minister
- 01.09.2017US decision on Russian diplomatic property 'illegal seizure' - Putin's aide
- 01.09.2017Lavrov: Moscow will react to latest step of US
- 01.09.2017Russia simplifies citizenship procedure for Ukrainians
- 31.08.2017Methane blast kills 3 at Kazakhstan coal mine
- 30.08.2017Russian TV journalist to be deported from Ukraine - UPDATED
- 29.08.2017Armenia’s deputy defense minister relieved of duty
- 24.08.2017Two injured as blast hits central Kiev
- 24.08.2017US State Department considers sending weapons to Ukraine
- 24.08.2017Poroshenko: Over 10,000 Ukrainians killed in Donbas military aggression
- 24.08.2017US will never accept annexation of Crimea – Pentagon chief
- 24.08.2017Russia readies for huge military exercises as tensions with west simmer
- 22.08.2017Putin, Sargsyan to mull Karabakh settlement in Sochi
- 21.08.2017Armenian army officer found dead with gunshot wound on his jaw
- 21.08.2017US suspends procedure of issuing nonimmigrant visas throughout Russia
- 09.08.2017Russian Defense Ministry renovating major facilities for FIFA World Cup
- 08.08.2017Russia's Putin visits breakaway Georgian region of Abkhazia: Kremlin
- 06.08.2017Russia’s ex-envoy to US says his talks with Flynn were about Russian-US cooperation
- 05.08.2017Russian minister says U.S. exit from Paris pact "terrible mistake"
- 05.08.2017Russia says reserves right to retaliate over new EU sanctions
- 04.08.2017Russian deputy minister blacklisted in new EU sanctions over Siemens turbines to Crimea
- 03.08.2017Kremlin: Moldova Gov't Declaring Rogozin Persona Non-Grata Unacceptable
- 02.08.2017Russian PM Medvedev on new sanctions: 'US declares full-fledged trade war'
- 14.03.2017Kremlin: No decision on Russian UN ambassador candidacy as of yet
- 15.03.2017Putin, Sargsyan to discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2017Russian special services prevented a major terrorist attack planned in Moscow
- 13.03.2017Military exercises launched in Russia’s south
- 12.03.2017Astana ready to host talks on Syria on March 14-15 - Kazakhstan’s foreign ministry
- 11.03.2017Moscow cinema evacuated over bomb alert