Russia’s Putin sacks 10 generals
Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree on dismissal of ten generals of the Interior Ministry, the Investigative Committee and the Federal Penitentiary Service (FPS).
Among the generals are Head of the Transport Department of the Interior Ministry for the Privoljsk federal district, Vladimir Berglezov, Head of Investigative Committee’s Investigative Department for Primorye district Sergey Bobrovnichiy, Department Head of FPS for Saratov oblast Sergey Gnezdilov, Head of the Chief Directorate (GU) of the Interior Ministry for the Samara oblast Sergey Solodovnikov, Head of the Administrative board of the Interior Ministry in the Vologda oblast Vitaly Fedotov, Head of the Interior Ministry’s Main Department for Nizhniy Novgorod oblast Ivan Shaev, Director of the Republic of Mordovia Directorate of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia Ramazan Yagyaev, APA reported citing the Russian media.
Moreover, Prosecutor of the Jewish Autonomous Lydia Dyakonov and Chuvash Prosecutor Sergei Legostaeva were also dismissed.
The reasons for personnel reshuffles are not reported.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2017Kremlin says not considering Lapshin’s extradition to Russia
- 18.07.2017Russia reiterates its restrained stance on North Korean issue settlement
- 18.07.2017Fire in Mosow high-rise extinguished - UPDATED
- 17.07.2017Sargsyan: Russia’s sale of arms to Azerbaijan is most painful aspect of Armenia-Russia relations
- 16.07.2017Suspects in attack on Russian tourists in Abkhazia identified - security service
- 14.07.2017Russia's Putin hopes dialogue with Trump will continue
- 14.07.2017Lawmaker Zhirinovsky: United Russian-Armenian military group should be under Russian command
- 14.07.2017Russian Duma ratifies agreement to keep 49-year presence at Syrian naval and air base
- 14.07.2017Russia ratifies agreement on joint group of forces with Armenia
- 14.07.2017Moscow threatens to reduce number of American diplomats at US embassy
- 14.07.2017The State Duma will consider ratification of the agreement with Armenia
- 13.07.2017Sergei Lavrov: "Russia does not support Assad"
- 13.07.2017Boris Nemtsov killer sentenced to 20 years in prison
- 12.07.2017Russian defense adviser killed in militant attack in Hama, Syria
- 08.07.2017Putin: US position on Syria became more pragmatic
- 05.07.2017Astana, Washington sign 5-year defense cooperation plan
- 05.07.2017Anatoly Serdyukov to head Rostvertol’s board of directors
- 04.07.2017Chinese president says ties with Putin stronger than with any other leader
- 02.07.201710 people killed, 12 injured in bus, truck crash in Russia's Tatarstan
- 01.07.2017Putin has phone talks with Qatar, Bahrain on Gulf row
- 01.07.2017Almost 120 flights delayed in Moscow over heavy rainfall
- 30.06.2017Russia cuts contribution to Council of Europe
- 30.06.2017Number of Kyrgyz presidential candidates reaches 11
- 29.06.2017Medvedev:"Sanctions will still influence Russian economy in coming years"
- 28.06.2017Armenia concerned over Russia’s selling weapons to Azerbaijan
- 27.06.2017Ukrainian serviceman killed in car bomb
- 27.06.2017Russia's Lavrov, U.S. Secretary of State Tillerson discuss Syrian conflict
- 24.06.2017Russian Foreign Ministry: Conflict around Qatar should be settled by diplomatic means
- 23.06.2017Russian FM: US sanction pressure on Moscow 'illusory'
- 21.06.2017Russian Su-27 warns off NATO F-16 trying to approach defense minister’s plane over Baltic
- 20.06.2017Moscow confirms new Astana meeting on Syria slated for July 4-5
- 16.06.2017Russia's Caspian Flotilla launches exercises in Makhachkala
- 16.06.2017Putin: US Always Interfered in Russian Elections, Especially in 2012
- 15.06.2017Putin says Russia ready for constructive dialogue with USA
- 15.06.2017Putin: Russia will analyze situation in Donbass to take right decision
- 15.06.2017Putin says ready to cooperate with opposition
- 15.06.2017Lukashenko considers foreign interference in conflicts in post-Soviet territory unacceptable
- 15.06.2017Putin says not surprised over US Senate’s attempts to tighten anti-Russian sanctions
- 15.06.2017Famous Russian actor Alexei Batalov dies
- 14.06.2017Putin calls attempts to disturb world nuclear balance 'big mistake'
- 09.08.2016Erdogan to meet Putin in St Petersburg on Aug.9
- 09.08.2016Russia to hold drills in Caspian Sea
- 09.08.2016Putin, Erdogan meeting underway in St. Petersburg
- 08.08.2016Body of Armenian National Security Service’s officer found in Yerevan
- 06.08.2016Luhansk separatist leader wounded in car explosion - UPDATED
- 05.08.2016Opposition member attacked by unknown persons in Armenia