Russia's PM Medvedev thanks Turkish premier for help in evacuating crew of wrecked ship
Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev on Thursday had a telephone conversation with Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yidlirim, in the course of which he thanked the Turkish side for a prompt and efficient collaboration and assistance in the rescue of the crew of the Russian naval research ship Liman, the press service of the cabinet of ministers said, APA reports quoting TASS.
"Dmitry Medvedev thanked the Turkish side for a prompt and efficient collaboration in the process of evacuating the crew of the Russian naval ship Liman," the report said.
The Liman collided in the Black Sea with a Togo-flagged freighter on Thursday and sank as a result.
All the crewmembers of the Liman were rescued and the Togolese ship remained undamaged.
Medvedev and Yildirim also exchange opinions on the pressing issues of Russian-Turkish trade and discussed a schedule of forthcoming bilateral contacts at various levels.
Related news releases
- 29.05.2017Storm in Moscow storm kills six people in Moscow
- 27.05.2017Azerbaijani and Russian presidents expected to meet in June
- 27.05.2017Russian MP: "Estonia expels Russian diplomats in bid to get US support"
- 26.05.2017Moscow court orders arrest of four suspects of plotting terrorist attack
- 26.05.2017Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister takes part in session of Council of CIS Defense Ministers
- 26.05.2017Russia conducts anti-terror exercises in Caspian Sea
- 26.05.2017Moldova's Chisinau Mayor Detained as Part of Corruption Probe
- 26.05.2017Moscow says date of de Mistura's visit to Russia yet to be set
- 25.05.2017Ukraine plans to stop railway communication with Russia
- 25.05.2017Over 500 people lost their homes in wildfires in Russia
- 24.05.2017CIS defense ministers to meet in Moscow
- 24.05.2017Maria Zakharova: "Mechanism of alerting on cyber attacks practically never used by US"
- 22.05.2017Putin to meet with Macron in Paris on May 29
- 22.05.2017Russia, Turkey sign joint statement on mutual lifting of trade restrictions
- 22.05.2017Turkmenistan: Report claims deputy PM committed suicide
- 19.05.2017Jail term extended for “ex-defense minister” of Karabakh separatist regime
- 19.05.2017OSCE chief says current challenges to European security require cooperation
- 18.05.2017Ara Babloyan from ruling RPA elected Armenian parliament speaker
- 18.05.2017Armenian president accepts government’s resignation
- 18.05.2017Putin offers transcript to prove Trump did not pass Russia secrets
- 17.05.2017EU, Ukraine sign visa liberalization agreement
- 17.05.2017One more Armenian soldier killed
- 17.05.2017Putin: Russia ready to provide US Congress with transcript of Trump-Lavrov talks
- 17.05.2017UN: Economic growth in CIS to make up 1.4% this year, 2% in 2018
- 15.05.2017Russian MFA employee shoots wife, daughter to death, then commits suicide
- 12.05.2017Russia to welcome any US contribution to setting up de-escalation zones in Syria — Lavrov
- 11.05.2017EU Council of Ministers decides on visa-free regime for Ukraine
- 10.05.2017Putin, Abbas to meet in Sochi to discuss Mideast settlement
- 09.05.2017Ambassador says Russia military base in Armenia could be expanded
- 09.05.2017Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov to start visit to US on Tuesday
- 06.05.2017Russia says Syria de-escalation deal to take effect at midnight: agencies
- 05.05.2017Russian, German top diplomats agree to continue Normandy-format efforts
- 03.05.2017Russia hopes for steady development of relations with Turkey — Putin
- 03.05.2017First deputy chief of Armenian General Staff dismissed
- 03.05.2017Putin and Trump stress importance of anti-terrorism cooperation
- 02.05.2017Russian Military Adviser Killed In Syria - Russian MoD
- 02.05.2017Kremlin reveals what Putin and Trump discussed over the phone - UPDATED
- 02.05.2017Survey: Majority of Russians desire Putin’s re-election as President
- 01.05.2017Russian FM Lavrov, US State Secretary Tillerson agree on date of next meeting
- 29.04.2017Russian foreign ministry: US anti-missile systems in Eastern Europe violate INF Treaty
- 28.04.2017Russian prosecutors confirm bid urging Interpol to put Ukraine’s ex-PM on wanted list
- 28.04.2017Merkel to discuss Ukrainian crisis, Syria with Putin
- 29.04.2017Over 20 feared buried after landslide hits southern Kyrgyzstan
- 27.04.201713 people indicted for theft from EU Armenia delegation grant funds - UPDATED
- 26.04.2017Russia says U.S. missile strike on Syria was a threat to its forces
- 26.04.2017Sixth Moscow conference on int’l security kicks off