Russia Delivers First Lada Cars to Venezuela
Baku-APA. Russia has delivered a first batch of 450 Lada cars to Venezuela, said Sergei Goreslavsky, head of Russian Technologies (Rostec) high-tech state corporation's international economic cooperation department, APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Russia's biggest automaker AvtoVAZ, which is part of Rostec, agreed a deal with Venezuela in April 2010 for construction of a Lada assembly plant there and delivery of 2,225 Lada cars to Caracas.
Goreslavsky said the cars will be sold to low-income Venezuelans as part of a state social aid program.
The cars, costing around $8000-$9000 each, include Lada Kalina, Lada Priora and Lada 4x4 Niva models.
During his visit to Russia in October 2010, former Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez travelled around Moscow in a red Lada Priora. Chavez, who owned a Lada Niva (4x4) in the 1990s, praised Ladas for their reasonable prices and low fuel consumption.
Related news releases
- 24.05.2018Russian Defense Ministry general detained
- 24.05.2018Man commits suicide after killing five in Russia
- 24.05.2018Armenia army chief to be dismissed
- 20.05.2018Pentagon says Moscow 'not doing enough' to fight terrorism within borders
- 20.05.2018All militants who attacked church in Grozny identified, says Chechnya’s head
- 18.05.2018Putin approves new cabinet
- 17.05.2018Putin Met With Assad in Sochi - Kremlin Spokesman
- 17.05.2018Putin: Defense Ministry allocates $24 billion for state defense order 2018
- 16.05.2018Protesters storm mayor’s building in Yerevan
- 16.05.2018Russian embassy warns of attempts to embroil other states in Skripal case
- 15.05.2018Start your engines: Putin driving truck, opens newly-built Crimean Bridge
- 15.05.2018Moscow says U.S. putting serious pressure on Iran nuclear deal participants
- 15.05.2018Moscow does not rule out Iran’s pullout from nuclear deal — diplomat
- 15.05.2018State Duma approves criminal liability for aiding West’s anti-Russia sanctions
- 14.05.2018Books on “Armenian genocide” by American and Turkish historians published in Moscow
- 12.05.2018Armenian president appoints new FM
- 10.05.2018Armenia police chief, director of National Security Service dismissed
- 09.05.2018Russia slams US decision to withdraw from Iran deal
- 08.05.2018Armenia’s first deputy defense minister resigns
- 08.05.2018Russian Interior Ministry warns Armenian and Azerbaijani diaspora over upcoming Immortal Regiment march
- 08.05.2018Pashinyan elected Armenia's prime minister
- 07.05.2018Putin asks State Duma to appoint Medvedev Russia’s prime minister
- 07.05.2018Putin takes office for second six-year term as Russia’s president
- 05.05.2018Russian journalist: "Armenia historically is an encumbrance for Russia"
- 05.05.2018Police seize Navalny at Putin protest
- 04.05.2018Terrorist acts plotted in Russia were coordinated from abroad – FSB
- 03.05.2018One person killed, one wounded in attack on HSBC bank in Armenia
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijani woman appointed as Tatarstan’s minister of culture
- 03.05.2018Ukraine suspends participation in CIS coordination councils
- 02.05.2018Armenia’s ruling party to vote for candidate supported by one third of MPs
- 02.05.2018Opposition blocks highways linking Armenia with Georgia, Iran
- 02.05.2018Armenia's parliament to hold fresh vote for PM on May 8
- 02.05.2018Civil resistance in Armenia expands
- 02.05.2018Armenia protest leader: "We will not give up"
- 02.05.2018Protestors block many streets, including road to international airport in Yerevan
- 02.05.2018Pashinyan will once again be nominated to become Armenian prime minister
- 01.05.2018Armenian Opposition Leader Pashinyan: Protesters Will Block Streets, Airport, Everything
- 01.05.2018Armenian Parliament fails to elect PM - UPDATED
- 01.05.2018Armenia's ruling party not to support Pashinyan's PM candidacy
- 01.05.2018Russia to remain Armenia’s strategic ally, Pashinyan says
- 21.05.2013Putin Calls on Shipbuilder to Speed Up Naval Deliveries
- 22.05.2013Kyrgyz President Against Banning Russia’s Zhirinovsky
- 22.05.2013Policeman Killed, Soldier Wounded in Russia’s Dagestan
- 21.05.2013Russia Concerned Over N.Korea Missile Launches - Minister
- 21.05.2013Russia foils terror attack
- 19.05.2013Russian president Putin praises UN work