Russia calls US source of danger
Moscow sees Washington as a source of danger and makes decisions based on this, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said this on July 26, APA reports quoting TASS.
Commenting on the vote in the House of Representatives of the US Congress on the draft law on tightening unilateral sanctions against Russia, he said that the adoption of the bill is a deliberate choice of enemies of Russia in the United States: "This must be understood and acted reasonably and calmly”.
Ryabkov also noted that he considers Washington's actions as a step taken to destroy the prospects for normalizing relations with Moscow: "What is happening does not fit into the framework of common sense," he concluded.
On July 25, the House of Representatives of the US Congress a bill to impose new sanctions against Russia, Iran and the DPRK (419 votes for, 3 against).
If the law is passed, US companies and individuals will be prohibited from lending to Russian banks for longer than 14 days. Now this period is 90 days. It is also proposed to limit the timeframe for financing Russian oil and gas companies - they will have a credit period of 30 days.
The European Union is reportedly dissatisfied with this initiative of Washington.
Related news releases
- 23.10.2017Russian national guard officer eliminated after killing 4 colleagues in Chechnya
- 23.10.2017Assailant who stabbed host of Moscow radio station identified - UPDATED
- 23.10.2017Lavrov: Hopefully, there will be no war between Iraqi government troops and Kurds
- 20.10.2017Sergey Lavrov meets with Council of Europe Secretary General
- 20.10.2017Russia's Putin says oil price above $50/bbl is fair
- 20.10.2017Putin regrets that disrespect shown for Trump in US
- 19.10.2017Putin: Russia ready to move towards universal nuclear disarmament
- 19.10.2017Russian TV host Ksenia Sobchak declares Kremlin bid for 2018
- 18.10.2017Pedro Agramunt receives honorary doctorate from Russian higher school
- 18.10.2017One of main sponsors of separatist regime in Karabakh dies
- 18.10.2017Moscow police detain Armenian taxi driver accused of poisoning almost 100 people to death
- 18.10.2017Russia testing new Silo-Based ballistic missile
- 17.10.2017Lavrov: Agreement on UNSC reform unrealistic in next couple of years
- 16.10.2017Putin signs decree to implement UNSC sanctions on North Korea
- 16.10.2017Lavrov comments on construction of subsea pipeline in Caspian Sea
- 16.10.2017Armenian citizen shot dead in downtown Moscow
- 14.10.2017Russian FSB, police detain İSİL supporters preparing terrorist attacks
- 14.10.2017Russian President: "Fight against terror should be free from double standards"
- 13.10.2017Lavrov urges to give up on escalating tensions around DPRK
- 11.10.2017Putin: Volume of trade between CIS countries has reached $75 billion
- 11.10.2017Lukashenko criticizes CIS Interparliamentary Assembly for low efficiency
- 11.10.201718 documents inked at CIS summit in Sochi
- 11.10.2017Tajikistan takes over CIS presidency
- 11.10.2017Putin stresses need to increase effectiveness of CIS
- 11.10.2017Turkmen president gives Putin Central Asian pooch as gift
- 10.10.2017Several documents signed at CIS Ministerial Council meeting
- 09.10.2017House fire kills five in Russia
- 06.10.201717 killed, 12 others injured as train collides with bus in central Russia - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017Four Russian nationals abroad suspected of false phone bomb threats in Russia
- 05.10.2017Armenian businessman shot dead in Moscow
- 05.10.2017Russian Investigative Committee refuses to open criminal case against historian who exposed Armenian lies
- 05.10.2017Terror threat for CIS countries remains high: Anti-Terrorism Center
- 04.10.2017Saudi King arrives in Moscow for first ever visit
- 04.10.2017CIS foreign ministers to meet in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Severed human legs found next to supermarket in Moscow
- 04.10.2017Conditions for defeating terrorists, returning to peaceful life in Syria created — Lavrov
- 04.10.2017Venezuela's Maduro Travels to Russia For Energy Talks
- 03.10.2017Saakashvili's issue must be resolved through legal means: Ukrainian FM
- 30.09.2017Mammadbagir Aliyev elected to RAS Presidium
- 29.09.2017Shootout at Russian military base leaves 3 dead, 2 wounded
- 26.07.2017Ukraine deports Russian journalist
- 27.07.2017Russia's response to U.S. sanctions to hinge on final bill text: Putin
- 27.07.2017Putin: We'll have to retaliate against 'illegal' U.S. sanctions
- 25.07.2017Man planning to fly to Syria to join ISIL via Baku detained in Russia
- 25.07.2017Applicants for higher education decreasing in numbers in Armenia
- 25.07.2017Trump slams AG Sessions' 'weak' position on Clinton emails