Putin: "I'd like to emphasize that we view Turkey as our key partner"
"We managed to overcome provocative actions and all issues. Much work was done to normalize our relations. We think that there is a noticeable shift in our relations. I think that we completely the process of normalization as a result of our meeting today," Erdogan said after the meeting.
According to the Turkish president, the talks in Moscow earlier in the day confirmed the intention to intensify cooperation.
"Even if we do not agree on all issues, we keep all channels of communications open, as a result of the establishment of mutual trust we shall continue strengthening cooperation," Erdogan said.
Turkish president also said that he hopes that Russia will remove all economic sanctions against Turkey.
"We can also improve trade by providing payments in our national currencies," Erdogan told reporters.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan vowed to keep strengthening cooperation between Russia and Turkey despite differences on certain issues.
"Even if we do not agree on all issues, we still leave open all channels of communication — as a result of establishing mutual trust, we will continue to strengthen our cooperation," Erdogan said after talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Erdogan said the normalization process between Ankara and Moscow, which started late last summer, was over.
"If you also deem suitable, let's stop using the term 'normalization' in official statements from now on," he added.
He reiterated Turkey's desire to increase mutual trade volume up to $100 billion.
Related news releases
- 24.02.20183 Georgians kidnapped in South Ossetia
- 22.02.2018Russian President met with the heads and deputy defense ministers of several countries
- 22.02.2018Ex-Georgian leader banned entry to Ukraine till 2021
- 20.02.2018Ukrainian president signs Donbass reintegration law
- 20.02.2018Dozens of Russian, CIS citizens killed & injured in recent clashes in Syria – Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Russia summons Ukraine's representative over attack on building in Kiev
- 16.02.2018Russian toll in Syria battle was 300 killed and wounded: sources
- 16.02.2018Truck with 2,500 loaves of bread hijacked in Russia
- 15.02.2018New US sanctions pose no serious threat to Russian economy, russians - Medvedev
- 15.02.2018Reports of scores of Russians killed in Syria are disinformation by anti-govt forces - Moscow
- 14.02.2018Presidents of Russia and Ukraine hold a telephone conversation
- 13.02.2018Lavrov says ‘aggressive minority’ in West impedes establishment of relations with Russia
- 09.02.2018Former governor of Sakhalin region Khoroshavin sentenced to 13 years in jail for bribery
- 07.02.2018Russia favors making UN Security Council more efficient
- 06.02.2018Russian, Kazakh FMs discuss preparations for Caspian Summit
- 06.02.2018Russian Central Election Commission registers Putin as presidential candidate
- 04.02.2018Russian Defense Ministry Releases Video of Su-25 Downing Over Syria - VİDEO
- 04.02.2018Russian weapons deliver strikes on area from which Su-25 was shot down , 30 militants killed
- 03.02.2018Russia’s Foreign Ministry notes anti-Russian focus of US nuclear doctrine
- 02.02.2018Russian CEC chairwoman disapproves of Kremlin spokesman’s statement
- 02.02.2018Armenia: 10-year-old girl kidnapped for debts
- 02.02.2018Russia says U.S. 'hunting' for Russians to arrest around the world
- 01.02.2018UN envoy for Syria highlights role of Sochi congress for Geneva process, says Lavrov
- 01.02.2018Law enforcement officer receives stab wounds in Yerevan
- 01.02.2018Meeting between Russian, Italian FMs kicks off in Moscow
- 31.01.2018Sergei Lavrov: "Sochi Congress Agrees a Constitutional Committee"
- 31.01.2018Group of Five plan for Syria runs counter to Geneva process — Lavrov
- 30.01.2018US ‘Kremlin List’ means nothing to Russia — PM
- 30.01.2018Putin says he feels 'sad' about not being included in US 'Kremlin report’
- 29.01.2018Search for missing Azerbaijanis in the Japanese Sea suspended
- 27.01.2018Russia says new U.S. sanctions are destructive step, will retaliate: RIA
- 26.01.201815 people die from hypothermia in Bishkek in January
- 25.01.2018Zakharova says Turkey is a difficult partner
- 25.01.2018Zakharova: ‘Any country’s destructive intervention in election campaign in Russia will be dealt with harshly’
- 25.01.2018Search operation for missing Russian fishing boat in Sea of Japan
- 23.01.2018Ukraine calls for boycott of 2018 World Cup in Russia
- 22.01.2018Russia says U.S. actions in Syria either a provocation or ill-informed
- 21.01.2018Russia says US 'took provocative steps' by arming YPG in Syria
- 20.01.2018Russia, Iran, Turkey agree lists for Congress in Sochi - president’s representative
- 20.01.2018Russia concerned over Turkey's launch of military op in Syria's Afrin - MoD
- 11.03.2017Moscow cinema evacuated over bomb alert
- 12.03.2017Astana ready to host talks on Syria on March 14-15 - Kazakhstan’s foreign ministry
- 13.03.2017Military exercises launched in Russia’s south
- 10.03.2017Turkish Stream to increase Turkey’s transit potential – Putin
- 10.03.2017Putin, Erdogan holding meeting in Moscow
- 09.03.2017Telman Ismailov officially declared bankrupt