Putin dismisses secret Trump dossier claims
"Look, I am not acquainted with Mr Trump. I have never met him. I do not know what he will do in the international arena, so I have no reason either to attack him or criticise him for whatever reason or to defend him, no matter what," he said during a joint news conference in Moscow with President of Moldova Igor Dodon, according to the Kremlin’s website.
"People who order these kinds of fabrications, which are now being used to smear the US President-elect, and use it to advance their political agenda are worse than prostitutes," Putin said.
Trump last Wednesday similarly lashed out at "shameful and disgraceful" reports Russia has compromising information about him that it could use for blackmail.
"It's all fake news. It's phony stuff. It didn't happen," he said during his first news conference in six months. "It was a group of opponents that got together -- sick people -- and they put that crap together."
CNN and other news organizations reported that the president-elect was presented with documents that showed Moscow had compromising information on him when he was briefed by America's intelligence leaders in early January.
The U.S. intelligence community has unequivocally accused Putin of personally ordering cyber attacks on high-profile U.S. targets to influence the outcome of the Nov. 8 presidential election.
During Wednesday’s Trump acknowledged publicly for the first time that he thought "it was Russia". Putin has denied the hacks.
During his campaign and since his election, Trump has expressed his intention to have good ties with Russia and repeatedly praised its leader.
Related news releases
- 18.03.2018Voting begins in Russian 2018 presidential election
- 17.03.2018Russia, Iran, Turkey to assist UN to draft constitutional reform in Syria - Lavrov
- 14.03.2018Moscow not connected to ex-spy’s poisoning: Kremlin
- 14.03.2018Moscow welcomes Turkey’s request for prompt S-400 delivery, Lavrov says
- 14.03.2018Turkish, Russian presidents to meet in Ankara on April 3 – FM
- 14.03.2018Syria, S-400 to be in focus at talks of Russian, Turkish foreign ministers
- 10.03.2018Putin on U.S. election interference: ‘I couldn’t care less’
- 07.03.2018Russia’s Mi-8 helicopter crashes in Chechnya
- 05.03.2018Russia has evidence West trying to save Nusra front for regime change - Lavrov
- 05.03.2018Putin’s adviser: Russia ready to disconnect from global Internet
- 03.03.2018Kremlin rejects U.S. charge Russia in breach of arms control treaties
- 02.03.2018Armen Sarkissian elected 4th President of Armenia
- 01.03.2018Putin: ‘No one listened to us then, so listen to us now’ - REPORTAGE
- 01.03.2018Putin announces Russia possesses hypersonic weapons
- 28.02.2018Shooting kills at least two, injures two in Kazan, Russia
- 26.02.2018Car carrying Armenian PM’s bodyguards crashes in Yerevan
- 24.02.20183 Georgians kidnapped in South Ossetia
- 22.02.2018Russian President met with the heads and deputy defense ministers of several countries
- 22.02.2018Ex-Georgian leader banned entry to Ukraine till 2021
- 20.02.2018Ukrainian president signs Donbass reintegration law
- 20.02.2018Dozens of Russian, CIS citizens killed & injured in recent clashes in Syria – Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Russia summons Ukraine's representative over attack on building in Kiev
- 16.02.2018Russian toll in Syria battle was 300 killed and wounded: sources
- 16.02.2018Truck with 2,500 loaves of bread hijacked in Russia
- 15.02.2018New US sanctions pose no serious threat to Russian economy, russians - Medvedev
- 15.02.2018Reports of scores of Russians killed in Syria are disinformation by anti-govt forces - Moscow
- 14.02.2018Presidents of Russia and Ukraine hold a telephone conversation
- 13.02.2018Lavrov says ‘aggressive minority’ in West impedes establishment of relations with Russia
- 09.02.2018Former governor of Sakhalin region Khoroshavin sentenced to 13 years in jail for bribery
- 07.02.2018Russia favors making UN Security Council more efficient
- 06.02.2018Russian, Kazakh FMs discuss preparations for Caspian Summit
- 06.02.2018Russian Central Election Commission registers Putin as presidential candidate
- 04.02.2018Russian Defense Ministry Releases Video of Su-25 Downing Over Syria - VİDEO
- 04.02.2018Russian weapons deliver strikes on area from which Su-25 was shot down , 30 militants killed
- 03.02.2018Russia’s Foreign Ministry notes anti-Russian focus of US nuclear doctrine
- 02.02.2018Russian CEC chairwoman disapproves of Kremlin spokesman’s statement
- 02.02.2018Armenia: 10-year-old girl kidnapped for debts
- 02.02.2018Russia says U.S. 'hunting' for Russians to arrest around the world
- 01.02.2018UN envoy for Syria highlights role of Sochi congress for Geneva process, says Lavrov
- 01.02.2018Law enforcement officer receives stab wounds in Yerevan
- 18.01.2017OSCE aims to help resolve conflict in eastern Ukraine: Chairperson
- 18.01.2017Russian top diplomat believes OSCE may play important role in settling Ukrainian crisis
- 19.01.2017Russian citizens to visit Armenia with internal passports
- 17.01.2017Poroshenko says meeting with Trump agreed
- 17.01.2017Lavrov: Russia "did right thing" by starting its anti-terrorism campaign in Syria
- 17.01.2017Ukraine files suit against Russia for allegedly violating UN conventions