President Poroshenko awards Azerbaijani officer of Ukrainian National Guard
On October 24, Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko presented the medal “For participation in anti-terrorist operations” to Vidadi Israfilov, an Azerbaijani officer of the Ukrainian National Guard’s battalion named after General Kulchitsky.
Officer Israfilov told APA that despite the fact that the president had signed the order in December 2016, it was not until yesterday that he was actually presented with the medal for participation in anti-terrorist operations.
The officer noted that this is an assessment given by Ukraine’s leadership to those who fight against terrorism in the country.
“I regard this award as an assessment given to all Azerbaijanis fighting for Ukraine, in general for the merits of all my fellow warriors. This award is of great importance to me,” he added.
Israfilov, who is originally from Azerbaijan’s Shaki district, has been living in Ukraine since 1999.
He has been awarded several times by Ukraine’s authorities.
- 18.01.2018Ukrainian parliament adopts law on Donbas reintegration
- 18.01.2018Bus fire in Kazakhstan: Short circuit a preliminary cause of fire
- 18.01.2018Putin says some CIS countries could become Eurasian Economic Union observers
- 18.01.2018Turkish chief of staff, intelligence chief in Russia for Syria talks
- 17.01.2018Putin is in good shape, Kremlin says
- 17.01.2018Businessman, son killed in Russia’s Orenburg
- 16.01.2018Armenia army general staff deputy chief’s son dies in car crash
- 16.01.2018Yerevan minibus drivers go on strike
- 16.01.2018Russia will not support U.S. bid to change Iran nuclear deal: Lavrov
- 15.01.2018Date set for presidential election in Armenia
- 13.01.201846 hospitalized in Russia after contracting salmonella
- 12.01.2018Russian military eliminates militants who shelled Hmeymim airbase on Dec. 31
- 11.01.2018Putin says Russia ready to return to Ukraine dozens of naval ships, warplanes
- 11.01.2018General Staff reveals details of drones that attacked Russian bases in Syria
- 09.01.2018Passenger bus overturns in Russia’s Stavropol region injuring four
- 08.01.2018Details emerge of Chechen rebel commander Khattab’s death
- 04.01.2018Hrymchak claims gas pipeline from Ukraine to Europe planned to be blown up in 2014-2015
- 03.01.2018Russian military helicopter crashes in Syria, killing two
- 31.12.20172 injured as unknown man opened fire near Red Square in Moscow
- 30.12.2017Suspect in St Petersburg blast has psychiatric record - source
- 30.12.2017St Petersburg supermarket blast suspect detained - FSB
- 30.12.2017Russia, Uzbekistan sign nuclear energy deal
- 29.12.2017Three injured after bus plows into public transport stop in Moscow - UPDATED
- 28.12.2017Moscow: Erdogan's claims that Assad is a 'terrorist' have no legal basis
- 28.12.2017Mass carbon monoxide poisoning reported among schoolchildren in Kyrgyzstan
- 28.12.2017Putin announces number of military servicemen involved in Syria op
- 28.12.2017Ukraine and pro-Russian rebels swap prisoners before New Year
- 27.12.2017Kiev, pro-Russian separatists exchange hostages
- 27.12.2017Blast injures ten in St Petersburg shop, 50 evacuated
- 27.12.2017Russia’s election commission accepts Putin’s documents for nomination
- 27.12.2017Gunman kills one in Moscow factory building, takes several hostages
- 27.12.2017Zenit-2SB rocket carrying Angolan satellite blasts off from Baikonur — Roscosmos
- 26.12.2017Belarusian leader hails Russia’s role in anti-terrorist efforts in Syria
- 26.12.2017President of Azerbaijan: "Russia is a stabilization factor on a global scale"
- 26.12.2017Informal meeting of CIS leaders starts - UPDATED
- 25.12.2017Russian officials bar Navalny from running for president
- 25.12.2017Five killed in Moscow as bus drives into pedestrian underpass
- 24.12.2017Russia’s State Duma can take tit-for-tat measures if RT’s license in France is revoked
- 23.12.2017Putin says Russia is not "adorable grandma"
- 23.12.2017Russia ready to work with all countries on basis of trust - Putin
- 25.10.2017Turkmen leader tours Ashgabat on horseback - VIDEO
- 25.10.2017Kremlin slams Sobchak’s statement on Crimea as totally wrong
- 26.10.2017One man killed, three wounded in Kiev explosion
- 24.10.2017Russia vetoes UN extension of gas attack probe in Syria
- 24.10.2017Ksenia Sobchak: Crimea belongs to Ukraine under law
- 23.10.2017Russian national guard officer eliminated after killing 4 colleagues in Chechnya