‘Pregnant’ Boy Sues Kazakh Medics for $300
Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
Related news releases
- 27.08.2016Russia lifts restrictions on charter flights to Turkey
- 27.08.2016Casualties from Moscow fire are all Kyrgyz migrants
- 27.08.201617 dead in huge fire at Moscow warehouse - UPDATED
- 26.08.2016Bankrupt Armenian businessman charged with taking hostages in Moscow bank to face 15 years in jail
- 26.08.2016Meeting of chiefs of Russian, Turkish General Staff delayed
- 26.08.2016Armenia still a Russian colony: The Huffington Post
- 25.08.2016Russian, Turkish General Staff chiefs to meet in Ankara
- 24.08.2016Man threatening to blow up building in Moscow surrenders to police
- 24.08.2016Over 2,500 Ukrainian servicemen killed in past 2.5 years - Poroshenko
- 23.08.2016Valery Permyakov sentenced to life in jail for murder of Armenian family
- 22.08.2016Russia: future use of Iranian air base depends on circumstances in Syria
- 22.08.2016Ukrainian prosecutor's office to nail on charges against 39 Russia citizens, including Russian defense minister
- 22.08.2016Russia's use of Iranian air base will depend on situation in Syria
- 22.08.2016Russia Investigative Committee: 350 children committed suicide this year
- 22.08.2016Saakashvili: Results of Ukraine at Rio Olympics 'disastrous'
- 19.08.2016Putin: Russia not going to cut off relations with Ukraine over Kiev’s plot in Crimea
- 19.08.2016Court to issue Permyakov verdict on August 23
- 19.08.2016Putin: Vital to revive economic ties with Ukraine
- 19.08.2016Saakashvili's wife to compete for seat in Georgian parliament
- 17.08.2016Men armed with axes, guns attack police station near Moscow, 2 officers injured - officials
- 16.08.2016Putin: Russia sincerely seeks to restore relations with Turkey
- 16.08.2016Armenia hosting meeting of CSTO member countries’ defence ministers
- 16.08.2016Armenian, Russian defense ministers discuss military cooperation
- 16.08.2016Russia’s base in Armenia is guarantor of stability in Caucasus – Defence Ministry
- 16.08.2016Russia says close to joint military action with U.S. in Aleppo
- 15.08.2016Russia prevented NATO’s cruise missile strikes on Syria – Shoygu
- 15.08.201618 hours of heavy rain throws life out of gear in Moscow
- 15.08.2016Lavrov: Turkey promised to consider establishing international control on border with Syria
- 15.08.2016Lavrov: Normandy dialogue affected by sabotage attempt in Crimea
- 15.08.2016No one is interested in cutting Russia-Ukraine ties – Lavrov
- 15.08.2016Russia holding large-scale military exercises in Caspian Sea
- 14.08.2016Russia to help Iran build 2 nuclear power plants
- 12.08.2016Moscow has no plans of allowing OSCE observers to Crimea
- 12.08.2016Russia deploys advanced S-400 air missile system to Crimea: agencies
- 12.08.2016Moscow could cut diplomatic ties with Ukraine - Medvedev
- 12.08.2016New head appointed to Russian presidential administration
- 12.08.2016Ivanov dismissed from post of head of Russian presidential administration
- 12.08.2016If necessary, Kiev may introduce a visa regime with Russia
- 12.08.2016Izvestia: Russia may cut diplomatic ties with Ukraine
- 11.08.2016Russo-Turkish tourism business back on track following negotiations
- 16.02.2013Ukraine's Environment Minister Visits Chernobyl Nuclear Plant
- 16.02.2013Putin Presents Updated Russian Foreign Policy Concept
- 16.02.2013Electricity, gas, waste disposal fees reduced in Georgia within 100 days after Prime Minister Bidzina Ivanishvili’s appointment
- 16.02.2013Russia Resolved to Repatriate Nationals Held in Libya
- 15.02.2013Putin orders assistance after meteor explodes over Ural Mountains
- 15.02.2013Vladimir Zhirinovsky denies meteorite, claims US weapons tests