‘Pregnant’ Boy Sues Kazakh Medics for $300
Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2018Armenian opposition bloc to nominate protest leader Pashinyan as PM
- 25.04.2018Armenia’s Dashnaktsutyun leaves ruling coalition
- 25.04.2018Armenia’s acting sport minister resigns
- 25.04.2018West conceals details of military drills from Russian inspectors — foreign ministry
- 25.04.2018Acing PM issues statement over cancellation of meeting with Nikol Pashinyan
- 25.04.2018Leader of Karabakh separatists called on Pashinyan for dialogue
- 25.04.2018Russian Foreign Ministry comments on US missile defense system’s buildup
- 24.04.2018Nikol Pashinyan says ready to be Armenia’s premier
- 24.04.2018Russia says no decision yet on delivery of S-300 missiles to Syria
- 23.04.2018Armenian PM Serzh Sargsyan resigns - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Kremlin calls events in Armenia domestic affair, says Russia won’t meddle
- 23.04.2018Armenia’s delegation to PACE returns to Yerevan
- 23.04.2018Nikol Pashinyan released from detention center
- 22.04.2018Militants hand 30 armored vehicles to Russian military in Syria
- 22.04.2018Armenian President meets Serzh Sargsyan after talk with opposition leader
- 21.04.2018Nine gunmen plotting terror attack on May Day shot dead in Dagestan
- 21.04.2018Storm in Moscow leaves 2 dead, 12 people injured - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Russian media company correspondent killed in Syria
- 20.04.2018Pashinyan: Situation is not under Serzh Sargsyan’s control
- 20.04.2018Democratic Party sues Russia, Trump campaign for allegedly disrupting 2016 election
- 20.04.2018Armenian police detain 183 opposition activists - UPDATED
- 20.04.2018Putin, Trump will not allow armed confrontation between Russia, US – Lavrov
- 19.04.2018Nikol Pashinyan: "We resume action of total blocking of Yerevan streets"
- 19.04.2018Russia and US may be left without direct flights due to Aeroflot’s visa difficulties
- 19.04.2018Militants who attacked UN Mission in Douma were warned in advance
- 19.04.2018Journalist gets beaten during mass protest in Armenia
- 18.04.2018Opposition march toward Republic Square
- 17.04.2018The Armenian opposition announced the creation of a committee of "velvet revolution"
- 17.04.2018Serzh Sargsyan elected Armenia’s PM
- 17.04.2018FSB exposes IS cell plotting terrorist attacks in Russia
- 16.04.2018Armenian opposition leader urges to block parliament building
- 16.04.201822 injured after demonstrators clash with police in Yerevan
- 16.04.2018Armenia’s Republican Party formally nominates Sargsyan’s candidacy as next PM
- 16.04.2018Armenians protest Sargsyan's appointment as PM
- 15.04.2018Kazakhstan warns of further military de-escalation in Syria
- 14.04.2018Opposition-led protesters break into building of Armenian public radio
- 14.04.2018Serzh Sargsyan nominated for Armenia’s PM
- 14.04.2018Syrian downs 71 out of 103 US coalition cruise missiles: Russian military
- 14.04.2018Putin: Operation launched by US and allies is aggression against sovereign state
- 14.04.2018Russian Defence Ministry: Over 100 missiles fired at Syria
- 16.02.2013Ukraine's Environment Minister Visits Chernobyl Nuclear Plant
- 16.02.2013Putin Presents Updated Russian Foreign Policy Concept
- 16.02.2013Electricity, gas, waste disposal fees reduced in Georgia within 100 days after Prime Minister Bidzina Ivanishvili’s appointment
- 16.02.2013Russia Resolved to Repatriate Nationals Held in Libya
- 15.02.2013Putin orders assistance after meteor explodes over Ural Mountains
- 15.02.2013Vladimir Zhirinovsky denies meteorite, claims US weapons tests