‘Pregnant’ Boy Sues Kazakh Medics for $300
Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
Related news releases
- 08.12.2016Russia-Azerbaijan-Turkey inter-parliamentary friendship group is created
- 08.12.2016Russia says U.S. bill will restrict its diplomats, pledges retaliation
- 07.12.2016Central banks of Turkey, Russia plan to use national currencies in bilateral trade
- 07.12.2016European auditors say Ukraine still perceived as Europe’s most corrupted state
- 06.12.2016Russia says US cancels Aleppo talks
- 06.12.2016Russian, Turkish PMs meet in Moscow
- 06.12.2016Ukraine ready to join trilateral gas talks in Brussels
- 05.12.2016Heydar Jemal’s funeral to take place in Almaty
- 05.12.2016Uzbekistan PM Mirziyoyev wins presidential election
- 05.12.2016Russia’s FSB detains over 1,400 trespassers in joint op with Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan
- 04.12.2016Russian security service kills North Caucasus ISIS 'emir'
- 02.12.2016At least 8 killed in Libya clashes
- 01.12.2016Putin: Russia ready to take part in resolving int’l problems
- 01.12.2016Russia ready to cooperate with new US administration
- 01.12.2016Russian economy is on way to recovery, Putin says
- 01.12.2016Atambayev: Russian military base must leave Kyrgyzstan
- 01.12.2016Ukraine starts missile launch drills near Crimea
- 01.12.2016Ukraine prepares missile test near Crimea, angering Russia
- 01.12.2016Lavrov and Kerry will discuss Ukraine at meeting in Rome
- 01.12.2016Russia says ready to escort aid agencies into eastern Aleppo
- 30.11.2016Russia, Armenia sign combined forces agreement
- 30.11.2016Putin says establishing relations with Trump is crucial for whole world
- 30.11.2016Kremlin expects Ankara’s explanation on Erdogan’s statement on Syria
- 30.11.2016Russia threatened Ukraine with missile strikes: sources
- 29.11.2016Ukraine's Yanukovich blames radicals for bloodshed at Maidan protests
- 25.11.2016Ex-President Yanukovych says supports Ukraine's territorial integrity
- 25.11.2016Putin presents Russian passport to Hollywood actor Seagal
- 25.11.2016Ivan Mikoyan, co-creator of iconic MiG-29, dies aged 89
- 24.11.2016Russian FM due in Turkey
- 23.11.2016Armenia to insist on its candidate for post of CSTO secretary general
- 23.11.2016Moscow says ready to build constructive relations with Washington
- 22.11.2016Ukraine detains two Russian soldiers near Crimean border
- 21.11.20163,200 Russians joined ISIS since start of conflict: government
- 19.11.2016Poroshenko questioned for 6 hours on Euromaidan - source
- 18.11.2016Ukrainian Prosecutor General: Saakashvili won’t be handed over to Georgia - UPDATED
- 18.11.2016Poroshenko expected to visit U.S. and meet with Trump
- 18.11.2016Armenian serviceman found dead with gunshot wounds
- 17.11.2016Moscow comments on State Dept spokesman’s remarks on RT
- 15.11.2016Russian economy minister officially charged with bribery
- 15.11.2016Putin, Medvedev discuss arrest of economy minister
- 20.09.2016Russian MoD Releases Footage of Attacked UN Aid Convoy in Syria's Aleppo - VIDEO
- 21.09.2016Russian FM: "Russia, Arab Gulf States may jointly improve situation in Middle East"
- 21.09.2016Armenian soldier faints during parade in Yerevan - VIDEO
- 19.09.2016Kyrgyz president cuts short visit to New York for health reasons
- 19.09.2016Russia may create Ministry for State Security
- 19.09.2016Armenian author expresses regret over lack of schools in country