‘Pregnant’ Boy Sues Kazakh Medics for $300
Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
Related news releases
- 24.02.2017PACE concerns about potential abuse of state resources, organized vote-buying in Armenia
- 22.02.20172,608 soldiers dead in eastern Ukraine, president says
- 21.02.2017Russia extends prison term for Armenian businessman charged with hostage-taking
- 21.02.2017Armenian PM to visit Georgia
- 20.02.2017Kazakh MFA awaiting explanation from Bishkek
- 20.02.2017Armenia disapproves of Azerbaijan's arms purchases from Russia
- 20.02.2017Seven schoolchildren hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms in Armenia
- 19.02.2017Lavrov called the condition of the abolition of visas for Georgian citizens
- 18.02.2017Putin signs decree on recognition of documents issued by separatist regimes
- 16.02.2017Discussed issues at the Dunford-Gerasimov meeting become known
- 16.02.2017Lavrov says Tillerson ready to support Syrian peace talks in Astana
- 16.02.2017Georgian police arrest American wanted on terrorism charges in Uzbekistan
- 15.02.2017Kremlin dismisses report of Trump campaign contacts with Russian spies
- 15.02.2017Russian MoD Denies Incidents With Russian Planes Near US Destroyer in Black Sea
- 14.02.2017Moscow expects Syria talks in Astana to boost peace process in Geneva
- 14.02.2017Syria peace talks in Astana postponed until February 16
- 13.02.2017Embassy: "All the Azerbaijani detainees in Derbent were released"
- 13.02.2017Russia releases footage of wide damage at Syria's Palmyra - VIDEO
- 13.02.2017Putin-Trump meeting possible before July: Kremlin
- 13.02.2017CEC: Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov wins 3rd Turkmenistan presidential term
- 10.02.2017Cavusoglu: Turkey won’t recognize annexation of Crimea
- 09.02.2017Turkey and Russia not planning to set up a joint commission to investigate the unintentional Russian airstrike: source
- 09.02.2017Russia doesn’t view PKK as terrorist organization: MFA
- 08.02.2017Separatist leader Givi killed in Donetsk
- 07.02.2017Russian president ratifies gas pipeline via Turkey
- 07.02.2017Azerbaijani observers to monitor presidential election in Turkmenistan
- 06.02.2017Russia voices regret over new US sanctions against Iran
- 03.02.2017No need for Russian air base in Belarus – Lukashenko
- 03.02.2017Belarus takes Russia to court over reduced oil supply
- 03.02.2017Lukashenko accuses Russia of violating interstate agreement
- 02.02.2017Russia’s Putin sacks 16 generals
- 02.02.201726 soldiers injured after military vehicle crashes in Armenia
- 02.02.2017Belarus set to quit EAEU, CSTO: media
- 02.02.2017Ukraine's Poroshenko vows to hold referendum on NATO membership
- 31.01.2017Azerbaijani became the new Deputy Minister of Economic Development of Russia
- 30.01.2017Ukraine says pro-Russian separatists kill 5 troops
- 29.01.2017Putin, Trump agree to keep in touch - Kremlin
- 28.01.2017Russia, Iran agree Astana talks 'efficient platform' for Syrian settlement
- 27.01.2017Armenian cadet dies at military unit medical facility
- 27.01.2017Armenia may halt parliamentary elections scheduled for April 2
- 29.01.2013Sergey Shoygu: “We will determine the program of practical cooperation with Armenia in military sphere for at least 5 years”
- 29.01.201320 killed in plane crash in Kazakhstan
- 29.01.2013Memorandum signed on establishment of CSTO academy in Armenia
- 29.01.2013Kyrgyzstan Aims to Strip Canadian Gold Firm of Tax Status
- 28.01.2013Differences Over Venue Delay Iran Plus Six Meeting – Lavrov
- 28.01.2013Zhirinovsky in Kiev Cabbage Attack