‘Pregnant’ Boy Sues Kazakh Medics for $300
Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
Related news releases
- 18.01.2017Russian top diplomat believes OSCE may play important role in settling Ukrainian crisis
- 18.01.2017OSCE aims to help resolve conflict in eastern Ukraine: Chairperson
- 18.01.2017Putin dismisses secret Trump dossier claims
- 17.01.2017Poroshenko says meeting with Trump agreed
- 17.01.2017Lavrov: Russia "did right thing" by starting its anti-terrorism campaign in Syria
- 17.01.2017Ukraine files suit against Russia for allegedly violating UN conventions
- 16.01.2017Biden: Anti-Russian sanctions to remain until fulfillment of Minsk and Crimea de-occupation
- 16.01.2017Moscow accuses US intelligence of trying to recruit Russian diplomat
- 16.01.2017US Vice-President Biden arrives in Ukraine for last meeting with Poroshenko
- 12.01.2017Dmitry Peskov: "US deployment of troops in Poland 'threat' for Russia"
- 12.01.2017Russia's Chechnya chief says dozens of militants captured
- 11.01.2017Large amount of money stolen from bank in Moscow
- 10.01.2017Russian Aerospace Forces in Syria fulfilled task set by Putin: defense minister
- 06.01.2017Temperature to drop to minus 35 C in Moscow
- 06.01.2017Mother-superior of women’s monastery murdered in Belarus
- 06.01.2017Car crash leaves six dead in Ukraine
- 06.01.2017Russia starts cutting grouping of forces in Syria
- 05.01.2017Accountant of Kazakh embassy in Belarus suspected of $680K embezzlement
- 02.01.2017Russian military officer found dead in Yerevan hotel
- 02.01.2017Nine dead after building collapses in Kazakhstan
- 31.12.2016Russian, Iranian presidents agree to work closely on Syria
- 30.12.2016Putin, Nazarbayev discuss planned Syria talks
- 30.12.2016Russia will determine steps in restoring ties with US depending on Trump - Putin
- 30.12.2016Russia announces 35 US diplomats persona non grata
- 30.12.2016Russian deputy defense minister appointed deputy foreign minister
- 30.12.2016Obama debased his own people by expelling Russian diplomats - Zakharova
- 30.12.2016US sanctions show Obama’s inconsistency, aggression - Kremlin
- 29.12.2016Six dead in car crash in Russia
- 29.12.2016Seven ISIL members detained in Dagestan
- 29.12.2016Armenian army general gets into car accident
- 28.12.2016Putin: No one can create problems for Russia
- 28.12.2016Another flight recorder of Russian Tu-154 recovered from seabed
- 27.12.2016Lavrov warns Kerry arms supplies to Syrian militants may lead to new bloodshed
- 27.12.2016Armed robber who took woman hostage in Moscow commits suicide
- 27.12.2016Russian Tu-154 plane’s flight data recorder recovered from water
- 26.12.2016Russia’s FSB says no signs of terror plot in Tu-154 crash
- 26.12.2016Three Moscow railway stations evacuated amid bomb threats: source
- 25.12.2016Russian military jet Tu-154 carrying some 91 people has disappeared from radars after takeoff in Sochi - UPDATED
- 24.12.2016Putin says Assad, Iran, Turkey agree to Syria talks in Kazakh capital
- 23.12.2016“Ilham Aliyev. Portrait of the President on the background of changes” book presented in Moscow
- 16.02.2013Ukraine's Environment Minister Visits Chernobyl Nuclear Plant
- 16.02.2013Putin Presents Updated Russian Foreign Policy Concept
- 16.02.2013Electricity, gas, waste disposal fees reduced in Georgia within 100 days after Prime Minister Bidzina Ivanishvili’s appointment
- 16.02.2013Russia Resolved to Repatriate Nationals Held in Libya
- 15.02.2013Putin orders assistance after meteor explodes over Ural Mountains
- 15.02.2013Vladimir Zhirinovsky denies meteorite, claims US weapons tests