‘Pregnant’ Boy Sues Kazakh Medics for $300
Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
Related news releases
- 28.07.2016Another protest action begins in Yerevan
- 28.07.2016Russia beefs up military on southwestern flank as NATO approaches
- 27.07.2016Doctor: “The leader of armed group in Yerevan is in serious condition”
- 27.07.2016Irregular shots are being fired from seized Erebuni police station
- 26.07.2016March kicks off from Yerevan’s Khorenatsi street to police and NSS buildings - UPDATED
- 26.07.2016Russian FSB searched the house of the head of the Federal customs service
- 26.07.2016Turkey ready to resume Turkish Stream project, says Russia
- 26.07.2016Armed group in Yerevan sets bus on fire at seized police station
- 24.07.2016Armed group refuses a mediator in the negotiations with the authorities in Yerevan
- 23.07.2016Armed group released 2 hostages in Yerevan
- 23.07.2016Lavrov: Rebuilding coop. with Turkey depends on Syria
- 23.07.2016Russian serviceman killed by self-detonating bomb in Syria
- 22.07.2016Kerry, Russian foreign minister to discuss Syria in coming days
- 22.07.2016Russian FM talks on US pre-conditions of co-op on Syria
- 21.07.2016Police disperse protesters in Yerevan - UPDATED
- 20.07.2016Putin, Erdogan to meet in early August - Kremlin
- 20.07.2016Car explosion kills prominent journalist Pavel Sheremet
- 20.07.2016Lefortovo court in a closed regime arrested the Deputy head of the own security service of the TFR
- 19.07.2016Situation tense near Yerevan police headquarters, 4 policemen injured - UPDATED - 1
- 18.07.2016Gunmen kill two policemen in Almaty
- 17.07.2016Shopping mall in Moscow evacuated amid bomb threat
- 15.07.2016Kerry’s delegation takes time-out in talks with Lavrov — Foreign Ministry
- 15.07.2016Lavrov, Kerry hold talks in Moscow
- 15.07.2016Central Asia, Caucasus Republics at risk of Syria-style crises – Shoigu
- 14.07.2016Russia offers to fly warplanes more safely over Baltics
- 13.07.2016Fatal traffic accident kills 7, injures 26 people in Dagestan
- 12.07.2016Belarus inflation rises to 7.4 pct in first half of 2016
- 11.07.2016Demographic situation in Armenia ‘critical’ – expert
- 11.07.2016Iran endorses visa-free regime with Armenia
- 10.07.2016Gorbachev: 'The next war will be the last'
- 08.07.2016NATO’s Russia concerns are ‘absurd’: Kremlin
- 07.07.2016Armored SUV owned by Saakashvili stolen in Kiev
- 07.07.2016Belarus wants normalization of relations with U.S.
- 04.07.2016EU special representative for South Caucasus to arrive in Armenia on July 5
- 02.07.2016Three Azerbaijani citizens killed, two others wounded in a traffic accident in Russia
- 01.07.2016Family of deceased Russian pilot not to accept compensation from Turkey
- 01.07.2016Russian, Turkish FMs hold meeting in Sochi - UPDATED
- 01.07.2016Lavrov hopes Russia-Turkey contacts to set right tone for normalization
- 01.07.2016Constructive dialogue within BSEC can contribute to fight against terrorism – secretary general
- 01.07.2016Russian military ends preparation for large-scale exercises in Armenia
- 16.02.2013Ukraine's Environment Minister Visits Chernobyl Nuclear Plant
- 16.02.2013Putin Presents Updated Russian Foreign Policy Concept
- 16.02.2013Electricity, gas, waste disposal fees reduced in Georgia within 100 days after Prime Minister Bidzina Ivanishvili’s appointment
- 16.02.2013Russia Resolved to Repatriate Nationals Held in Libya
- 15.02.2013Putin orders assistance after meteor explodes over Ural Mountains
- 15.02.2013Vladimir Zhirinovsky denies meteorite, claims US weapons tests