‘Pregnant’ Boy Sues Kazakh Medics for $300
Baku-APA. A male pregnancy in a human is supposed to be a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. But all a Kazakh teenager got after a doctor declared him pregnant was a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and, later, a check for 50,000 tenge ($330), APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev, 15, was never really pregnant. But the boy was pronounced "with child" after he was discharged from a hospital in the city of Aktobe, where he was treated for kidney problems last fall, local media reported.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues, KTK television said late on Thursday.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital’s director explained back in October, Newskaz.ru reported.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems, the report said.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
“We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand – that’s ridiculous, you know,” a family representative was quoted by KTK as saying.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2016BP says Russian gas to remain attractive for Europe
- 20.10.2016Militants attack Syrian army positions near Castello road in Aleppo
- 19.10.2016Acting Uzbek leader nominated as presidential candidate
- 18.10.2016Iraqi Mosul to face humanitarian catastrophe - Russian Foreign Ministry
- 17.10.2016Russia announces pause in Syria attacks
- 17.10.2016Armenian soldier detained for killing fellow soldier
- 15.10.2016CSTO leaders to elect secretary general in St. Petersburg
- 14.10.2016Putin in Yerevan for CSTO meeting
- 14.10.2016Moscow-Yerevan bus crash leaves 5 dead, 32 injured
- 14.10.2016Putin ratifies agreement on Russian air group deployment in Syria
- 13.10.2016Russia discloses reason for arms supplies to Armenia
- 13.10.2016Russia to continue to strengthen military-technical co-op with Armenia
- 13.10.2016Kazakh leader's daughter speaks on father’s health
- 13.10.2016Russia's Putin says Aleppo war crimes accusations are 'rhetoric'
- 12.10.2016Putin: Western sanctions affect Russia in limiting access to technology
- 12.10.2016Russia cannot extradite Snowden to US - ambassador
- 11.10.2016Russia’s FSB chief says 95 militants eliminated in North Caucasus since early 2016
- 11.10.2016Russia forced to take adequate measures in response to US missile defense plans
- 11.10.2016Putin cancels visit to France amid Syria tensions
- 11.10.2016Putin due in Armenia for CSTO meeting
- 10.10.2016Russia, Turkey sign Turkish Stream agreement
- 10.10.2016No real reason to say era of hydrocarbons ending - Putin
- 10.10.2016Putin discusses Turkish Stream pipeline project development with Erdogan
- 10.10.2016Russia plans permanent navy base in Syria's Tartus
- 09.10.2016Russia blocks French UN security council ceasefire resolution on Syria's Aleppo
- 08.10.2016US has no serious proofs against Russia regarding hacker attacks - foreign ministry
- 07.10.2016Russian parliament ratifies indefinite deployment of Air Force in Syria
- 07.10.2016Putin dismisses more than 10 generals from Interior Ministry
- 07.10.2016Kremlin gives no comment on Russia's plans for military bases in Cuba, Vietnam
- 06.10.2016Lavrov: Russian S-300, S-400 air defense systems threaten no one in Syria
- 06.10.2016Russian FM due in Yerevan for CSTO meeting
- 05.10.2016Russia suspends nuclear agreement, ends uranium research pact with United States
- 05.10.2016Newspaper: Armenia ex-defense minister to join opposition
- 05.10.2016Russian defense ministry confirms work on 5th-generation nuclear sub
- 05.10.2016UNSC members' veto power key to global power balance - Russian foreign ministry
- 05.10.2016Russia has to play role in political solution in Syria – Theresa May
- 04.10.2016Putin due in Turkey for bilateral talks
- 03.10.2016Putin suspends nuclear pact, raising stakes in row with Washington
- 03.10.2016Russian Foreign Ministry: Washington’s actions have resulted in regrouping of militants in Syria
- 03.10.2016Armenia names new defense minister
- 16.02.2013Ukraine's Environment Minister Visits Chernobyl Nuclear Plant
- 16.02.2013Putin Presents Updated Russian Foreign Policy Concept
- 16.02.2013Electricity, gas, waste disposal fees reduced in Georgia within 100 days after Prime Minister Bidzina Ivanishvili’s appointment
- 16.02.2013Russia Resolved to Repatriate Nationals Held in Libya
- 15.02.2013Putin orders assistance after meteor explodes over Ural Mountains
- 15.02.2013Vladimir Zhirinovsky denies meteorite, claims US weapons tests