Practical preparations for Putin-Trump meeting under way - Russian diplomat
No understanding has been reached yet on the date and the place of a meeting between Russian and U.S. Presidents Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump but practical preparations are under way, Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov said on Feb. 28.
In comments on a recent meeting between Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in Bonn, the diplomat said that the sides had discussed relations between the two countries and also planned bilateral contacts, including the preparation of the first personal encounter between the leaders of both countries, TASS reported.
"There is no understanding yet on the date and the place of holding such a meeting but practical preparations for it have been launched and there is mutual understanding with the U.S. side on this score," the diplomat said at a roundtable discussion in the lower house of Russia’s parliament on Russian-U.S. relations.
"Naturally, at this initial stage of a dialog with the new administration, it is difficult to make a conclusion about how work will proceed further on specific issues," Ryabkov said.
"The forecasts for a perspective will become possible when we see Washington’s practical actions," the diplomat said.
Related news releases
- 22.09.2017Lavrov calls on US-led coalition not to spare Jabhat al-Nusra
- 21.09.2017Kazakhstan’s former prime minister released from prison
- 20.09.2017Russian FM: "Russia interested in bringing ties with US back to normal"
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani shot dead in Moscow
- 18.09.2017People's Artist of USSR Zurab Sotkilava dies at 80
- 17.09.2017Russian Foreign Ministry: Lavrov and Tillerson discuss Syria by phone
- 17.09.2017Russian eastern Kamchatka region hit by 5.6-magnitude quake
- 16.09.2017Russia’s Yak-130 crashes during training flight
- 16.09.2017Fire occurred in nursing home in Russia
- 16.09.20173 dead after children’s camp burns down in Odessa, Ukraine
- 15.09.2017Putin discusses North Korean missile test with his security council: agencies
- 15.09.2017Shots in downtown Yerevan, one dead
- 14.09.2017Editor of Interfax agency found dead
- 12.09.2017Putin has not yet announced his participation in 2018 election – Kremlin
- 09.09.2017At least one dead as car explodes in central Kiev
- 05.09.2017Russia, Egypt oppose Myanmar violence, call for control over situation – Putin
- 05.09.2017Putin and Moon condemn North Korea over missile test: Kremlin
- 05.09.2017Uzbek leader reshuffles security officials, removes veteran defense minister
- 01.09.2017US decision on Russian diplomatic property 'illegal seizure' - Putin's aide
- 01.09.2017Lavrov: Moscow will react to latest step of US
- 01.09.2017Russia simplifies citizenship procedure for Ukrainians
- 31.08.2017Methane blast kills 3 at Kazakhstan coal mine
- 30.08.2017Russian TV journalist to be deported from Ukraine - UPDATED
- 29.08.2017Armenia’s deputy defense minister relieved of duty
- 24.08.2017Two injured as blast hits central Kiev
- 24.08.2017US State Department considers sending weapons to Ukraine
- 24.08.2017Poroshenko: Over 10,000 Ukrainians killed in Donbas military aggression
- 24.08.2017US will never accept annexation of Crimea – Pentagon chief
- 24.08.2017Russia readies for huge military exercises as tensions with west simmer
- 22.08.2017Putin, Sargsyan to mull Karabakh settlement in Sochi
- 21.08.2017Armenian army officer found dead with gunshot wound on his jaw
- 21.08.2017US suspends procedure of issuing nonimmigrant visas throughout Russia
- 09.08.2017Russian Defense Ministry renovating major facilities for FIFA World Cup
- 08.08.2017Russia's Putin visits breakaway Georgian region of Abkhazia: Kremlin
- 06.08.2017Russia’s ex-envoy to US says his talks with Flynn were about Russian-US cooperation
- 05.08.2017Russian minister says U.S. exit from Paris pact "terrible mistake"
- 05.08.2017Russia says reserves right to retaliate over new EU sanctions
- 04.08.2017Russian deputy minister blacklisted in new EU sanctions over Siemens turbines to Crimea
- 03.08.2017Kremlin: Moldova Gov't Declaring Rogozin Persona Non-Grata Unacceptable
- 02.08.2017Russian PM Medvedev on new sanctions: 'US declares full-fledged trade war'
- 28.02.2017Ex-governor’s relative beaten up by Armenian police chief
- 01.03.2017Russia calls for direct talks between Syrian opponents
- 01.03.2017Armenia conceals ethnic affiliations in censuses
- 27.02.2017Russia detains IS-linked terror suspect
- 24.02.2017PACE concerns about potential abuse of state resources, organized vote-buying in Armenia
- 22.02.20172,608 soldiers dead in eastern Ukraine, president says