Patrushev: Some countries claim to act as global prosecutors and judges all in one
Attempts by some countries to act illegitimately, skirting the UN, have become systematic, Russia's Security Council Secretary Nikolai Patrushev said on April 4.
He made the remarks at the 7th Moscow Conference on International Security on Wednesday, an APA correspondent reported from Moscow.
Some states attempt to act illegitimately, skirting the UN and disregarding its central coordinating role in global relations, Patrushev noted.
“Such actions have become systematic in recent years. This line undoubtedly destabilizes the international situation, prevents the solving of current problems and makes it difficult to counteract the challenges and threats of our time,” he said.
The Security Council secretary said that some countries claim to act as global prosecutors and judges all in one.
Related news releases
- 21.07.2018Russian FM demands release of citizen detained in US
- 18.07.2018Mass flooding leaves Russia's Krasnodar trapped under water
- 16.07.2018Putin calls summit first step towards ‘clearing backlog’ in Russia-US relations
- 14.07.2018Russia says U.S. indictment over election meddling is groundless
- 12.07.2018Russian Foreign Ministry calls NATO 'Useless Military Bloc'
- 11.07.2018Yerevan experiences power outage
- 10.07.2018Kremlin pins American senator’s harsh swipe at Russia on US Deep State ‘pressure’
- 08.07.2018Armenian court issues arrest warrant for ex-president’s brother Levon Sargsyan and his daughter
- 06.07.2018Large fire breaks out in residential house in central Moscow
- 03.07.2018Armenian trucks stuck at Russia-Georgia border – ministry
- 02.07.2018Kremlin says political resolve for establishing Russia-US dialogue will prevail
- 28.06.2018Trump to meet with Putin July 16 in Finland
- 25.06.2018Sargsyan’s brother detained by police
- 25.06.2018Top Russian, Iranian diplomats mull preparations for summit of Caspian states
- 24.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman embarks on official visit to Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2018Armenian military officer caught red-handed for embezzlement of technical supplies
- 21.06.2018Russia’s cooperation with UN to be in focus of Lavrov’s talks with UN Secretary General
- 21.06.2018Russian interior minister arrives in New York to attend UN Chiefs of Police Summit
- 16.06.2018Taxi rams into people in Moscow, at least 8 injured - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Putin introduced Armenian PM to the President of Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Anton Vaino appointed head of Kremlin administration
- 12.06.2018Russian foreign minister praises Trump-Kim meeting
- 12.06.2018Ukraine, Russia fail to agree on UN peacekeeping mission
- 07.06.2018Gazprom appeals against assets seizure in Swiss Court
- 07.06.2018Russia-Armenia trade turnover up by 30 percent last year – Lavrov
- 07.06.2018Russian, Armenian FMs meet in Moscow
- 06.06.2018Russian defense minister: Terror is the main threat to CIS countries
- 06.06.2018Putin expects sanctions on Russia to be removed with time, relations with US to improve
- 05.06.2018Russia not trying to split EU, Putin says before rare visit to Western Europe
- 03.06.2018Counterterrorism operation regime introduced in Dagestan
- 01.06.2018NPP reactor will be closed for repair In Armenia
- 31.05.2018Russia to cut excise duties on diesel fuel, gasoline starting from June 1
- 31.05.2018Moscow "House of Books" allows presentation of American historian's book about the "Armenian Genocide" after APA's news
- 30.05.2018Russia slams Ukraine's staging reporter's murder as `anti-Russian provocation'
- 30.05.2018Russian journalist believed to be dead turns up alive at news conference
- 29.05.2018Putin appoints Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 29.05.2018Lavrov notes US not interested in cooperating with Russia on cybersecurity
- 29.05.2018Armenian serviceman dies in road accident
- 26.05.2018Putin: Turkey has right to choose its military aircraft
- 25.05.2018Plenary meeting held in Petersburg forum with participation of Russian, French and Japan leaders
- 04.04.2018Russian foreign intelligence chief says Washington’s system of vassalage has failed
- 05.04.2018Azerbaijani President: "Our personal relations with Vladimir Putin are one of the major factors for successful bilateral relations"
- 06.04.2018Russia appoints new ambassador to Armenia
- 03.04.2018NATO will not issue visa to new Russian diplomats
- 03.04.2018Russian CEC head presents presidential certificate to Putin
- 02.04.2018Moscow to accelerate delivery of S-400 system to Turkey