Patrushev: Some countries claim to act as global prosecutors and judges all in one
Attempts by some countries to act illegitimately, skirting the UN, have become systematic, Russia's Security Council Secretary Nikolai Patrushev said on April 4.
He made the remarks at the 7th Moscow Conference on International Security on Wednesday, an APA correspondent reported from Moscow.
Some states attempt to act illegitimately, skirting the UN and disregarding its central coordinating role in global relations, Patrushev noted.
“Such actions have become systematic in recent years. This line undoubtedly destabilizes the international situation, prevents the solving of current problems and makes it difficult to counteract the challenges and threats of our time,” he said.
The Security Council secretary said that some countries claim to act as global prosecutors and judges all in one.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2018Armenian opposition bloc to nominate protest leader Pashinyan as PM
- 25.04.2018Armenia’s Dashnaktsutyun leaves ruling coalition
- 25.04.2018Armenia’s acting sport minister resigns
- 25.04.2018West conceals details of military drills from Russian inspectors — foreign ministry
- 25.04.2018Acing PM issues statement over cancellation of meeting with Nikol Pashinyan
- 25.04.2018Leader of Karabakh separatists called on Pashinyan for dialogue
- 25.04.2018Russian Foreign Ministry comments on US missile defense system’s buildup
- 24.04.2018Nikol Pashinyan says ready to be Armenia’s premier
- 24.04.2018Russia says no decision yet on delivery of S-300 missiles to Syria
- 23.04.2018Armenian PM Serzh Sargsyan resigns - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Kremlin calls events in Armenia domestic affair, says Russia won’t meddle
- 23.04.2018Armenia’s delegation to PACE returns to Yerevan
- 23.04.2018Nikol Pashinyan released from detention center
- 22.04.2018Militants hand 30 armored vehicles to Russian military in Syria
- 22.04.2018Armenian President meets Serzh Sargsyan after talk with opposition leader
- 21.04.2018Nine gunmen plotting terror attack on May Day shot dead in Dagestan
- 21.04.2018Storm in Moscow leaves 2 dead, 12 people injured - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Russian media company correspondent killed in Syria
- 20.04.2018Pashinyan: Situation is not under Serzh Sargsyan’s control
- 20.04.2018Democratic Party sues Russia, Trump campaign for allegedly disrupting 2016 election
- 20.04.2018Armenian police detain 183 opposition activists - UPDATED
- 20.04.2018Putin, Trump will not allow armed confrontation between Russia, US – Lavrov
- 19.04.2018Nikol Pashinyan: "We resume action of total blocking of Yerevan streets"
- 19.04.2018Russia and US may be left without direct flights due to Aeroflot’s visa difficulties
- 19.04.2018Militants who attacked UN Mission in Douma were warned in advance
- 19.04.2018Journalist gets beaten during mass protest in Armenia
- 18.04.2018Opposition march toward Republic Square
- 17.04.2018The Armenian opposition announced the creation of a committee of "velvet revolution"
- 17.04.2018Serzh Sargsyan elected Armenia’s PM
- 17.04.2018FSB exposes IS cell plotting terrorist attacks in Russia
- 16.04.2018Armenian opposition leader urges to block parliament building
- 16.04.201822 injured after demonstrators clash with police in Yerevan
- 16.04.2018Armenia’s Republican Party formally nominates Sargsyan’s candidacy as next PM
- 16.04.2018Armenians protest Sargsyan's appointment as PM
- 15.04.2018Kazakhstan warns of further military de-escalation in Syria
- 14.04.2018Opposition-led protesters break into building of Armenian public radio
- 14.04.2018Serzh Sargsyan nominated for Armenia’s PM
- 14.04.2018Syrian downs 71 out of 103 US coalition cruise missiles: Russian military
- 14.04.2018Putin: Operation launched by US and allies is aggression against sovereign state
- 14.04.2018Russian Defence Ministry: Over 100 missiles fired at Syria
- 04.04.2018Russian foreign intelligence chief says Washington’s system of vassalage has failed
- 05.04.2018Azerbaijani President: "Our personal relations with Vladimir Putin are one of the major factors for successful bilateral relations"
- 06.04.2018Russia appoints new ambassador to Armenia
- 03.04.2018NATO will not issue visa to new Russian diplomats
- 03.04.2018Russian CEC head presents presidential certificate to Putin
- 02.04.2018Moscow to accelerate delivery of S-400 system to Turkey