Over 20 feared buried after landslide hits southern Kyrgyzstan
Twenty-four people are feared trapped under the mud and debris of a landslide that hit a village in Uzgen district of Osh region, southern Kyrgyzstan, APA reported citing AKIPRESS.
Landslide of 1-million-m3 big occurred at around 7:00am GMT+6 on April 29 in the village of Ayu.
Seven homes were buried under the mud, authorities say. Emergency teams of 33 rescuers headed to the scene.
Minister of Emergency Situations Kubatbek Boronov headed to Uzgen on the order of President Almazbek Atambayev.
The Presidential Office said the head of state ordered material assistance to be rendered to the affected families.
Related news releases
- 21.09.2017Kazakhstan’s former prime minister released from prison
- 20.09.2017Russian FM: "Russia interested in bringing ties with US back to normal"
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani shot dead in Moscow
- 18.09.2017People's Artist of USSR Zurab Sotkilava dies at 80
- 17.09.2017Russian Foreign Ministry: Lavrov and Tillerson discuss Syria by phone
- 17.09.2017Russian eastern Kamchatka region hit by 5.6-magnitude quake
- 16.09.2017Russia’s Yak-130 crashes during training flight
- 16.09.2017Fire occurred in nursing home in Russia
- 16.09.20173 dead after children’s camp burns down in Odessa, Ukraine
- 15.09.2017Putin discusses North Korean missile test with his security council: agencies
- 15.09.2017Shots in downtown Yerevan, one dead
- 14.09.2017Editor of Interfax agency found dead
- 12.09.2017Putin has not yet announced his participation in 2018 election – Kremlin
- 09.09.2017At least one dead as car explodes in central Kiev
- 05.09.2017Russia, Egypt oppose Myanmar violence, call for control over situation – Putin
- 05.09.2017Putin and Moon condemn North Korea over missile test: Kremlin
- 05.09.2017Uzbek leader reshuffles security officials, removes veteran defense minister
- 01.09.2017US decision on Russian diplomatic property 'illegal seizure' - Putin's aide
- 01.09.2017Lavrov: Moscow will react to latest step of US
- 01.09.2017Russia simplifies citizenship procedure for Ukrainians
- 31.08.2017Methane blast kills 3 at Kazakhstan coal mine
- 30.08.2017Russian TV journalist to be deported from Ukraine - UPDATED
- 29.08.2017Armenia’s deputy defense minister relieved of duty
- 24.08.2017Two injured as blast hits central Kiev
- 24.08.2017US State Department considers sending weapons to Ukraine
- 24.08.2017Poroshenko: Over 10,000 Ukrainians killed in Donbas military aggression
- 24.08.2017US will never accept annexation of Crimea – Pentagon chief
- 24.08.2017Russia readies for huge military exercises as tensions with west simmer
- 22.08.2017Putin, Sargsyan to mull Karabakh settlement in Sochi
- 21.08.2017Armenian army officer found dead with gunshot wound on his jaw
- 21.08.2017US suspends procedure of issuing nonimmigrant visas throughout Russia
- 09.08.2017Russian Defense Ministry renovating major facilities for FIFA World Cup
- 08.08.2017Russia's Putin visits breakaway Georgian region of Abkhazia: Kremlin
- 06.08.2017Russia’s ex-envoy to US says his talks with Flynn were about Russian-US cooperation
- 05.08.2017Russian minister says U.S. exit from Paris pact "terrible mistake"
- 05.08.2017Russia says reserves right to retaliate over new EU sanctions
- 04.08.2017Russian deputy minister blacklisted in new EU sanctions over Siemens turbines to Crimea
- 03.08.2017Kremlin: Moldova Gov't Declaring Rogozin Persona Non-Grata Unacceptable
- 02.08.2017Russian PM Medvedev on new sanctions: 'US declares full-fledged trade war'
- 02.08.2017Moldovan gov't declares Russian Deputy Prime Minister Rogozin Persona Non-Grata
- 29.04.2017Charges filed against rectors of three private universities in Armenia
- 29.04.2017Russian foreign ministry: US anti-missile systems in Eastern Europe violate INF Treaty
- 01.05.2017Russian FM Lavrov, US State Secretary Tillerson agree on date of next meeting
- 28.04.2017Merkel to discuss Ukrainian crisis, Syria with Putin
- 28.04.2017Russian prosecutors confirm bid urging Interpol to put Ukraine’s ex-PM on wanted list
- 28.04.2017Russia's PM Medvedev thanks Turkish premier for help in evacuating crew of wrecked ship