Moscow welcomes Turkey’s request for prompt S-400 delivery, Lavrov says
Russia welcomes Turkey's request for prompt S-400 delivery, said Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.
Lavrov made the remarks at a joint press conference with his Turkish counterpart Mevlut Cavusoglu in Moscow on Wednesday, APA reports.
"We discussed with the Turkish foreign minister the preparation for the High Level Cooperation Council and economic relations. We reaffirmed the importance of such projects as Turkish Stream and Akkuyu Atomic Power Plant. We discussed the implementation of the agreement on sale of the S-400 air defense systems to Turkey. Experts are negotiating this. We welcome Turkey's request for prompts S-400 delivery,” he said.
Lavrov said they also agreed to declare 2019 as a year of tourism between Turkey and Russia.
“Last year the tourist arrivals to Turkey from Russia reached a record. We are ahead of Germany in the number of tourists coming to Turkey,” he said.
Russia’s top diplomat said he also discussed with his Turkish counterpart issues on the international agenda. “First of all, we discussed the settlement of the Syrian conflict by peaceful means,” Lavrov added.
Cavusoglu, in turn, said that the unilateral visa regime between Turkey and Russia impedes the development of economic ties between the two countries.
"We closely cooperate with Russia in the Black Sea and other regions. Although there are disagreements on a number of issues, dialogue with Russia continues,” he noted.
As for S-400 delivery, Cavusoglu said their prompt delivery is in the interests of both countries.
Related news releases
- 21.06.2018Armenian military officer caught red-handed for embezzlement of technical supplies
- 21.06.2018Russia’s cooperation with UN to be in focus of Lavrov’s talks with UN Secretary General
- 21.06.2018Russian interior minister arrives in New York to attend UN Chiefs of Police Summit
- 16.06.2018Taxi rams into people in Moscow, at least 8 injured - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Putin introduced Armenian PM to the President of Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Anton Vaino appointed head of Kremlin administration
- 12.06.2018Russian foreign minister praises Trump-Kim meeting
- 12.06.2018Ukraine, Russia fail to agree on UN peacekeeping mission
- 07.06.2018Gazprom appeals against assets seizure in Swiss Court
- 07.06.2018Russia-Armenia trade turnover up by 30 percent last year – Lavrov
- 07.06.2018Russian, Armenian FMs meet in Moscow
- 06.06.2018Russian defense minister: Terror is the main threat to CIS countries
- 06.06.2018Putin expects sanctions on Russia to be removed with time, relations with US to improve
- 05.06.2018Russia not trying to split EU, Putin says before rare visit to Western Europe
- 03.06.2018Counterterrorism operation regime introduced in Dagestan
- 01.06.2018NPP reactor will be closed for repair In Armenia
- 31.05.2018Russia to cut excise duties on diesel fuel, gasoline starting from June 1
- 31.05.2018Moscow "House of Books" allows presentation of American historian's book about the "Armenian Genocide" after APA's news
- 30.05.2018Russia slams Ukraine's staging reporter's murder as `anti-Russian provocation'
- 30.05.2018Russian journalist believed to be dead turns up alive at news conference
- 29.05.2018Putin appoints Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 29.05.2018Lavrov notes US not interested in cooperating with Russia on cybersecurity
- 29.05.2018Armenian serviceman dies in road accident
- 26.05.2018Putin: Turkey has right to choose its military aircraft
- 25.05.2018Plenary meeting held in Petersburg forum with participation of Russian, French and Japan leaders
- 25.05.2018Armenian president visits Georgia
- 25.05.2018Cancellation of US-North Korea summit is ‘testing humanity’s nerve’ — Russian senator
- 25.05.2018Second Syrian National Dialogue Congress planned to be held in Sochi next month
- 25.05.2018Man taking hostages in Moscow apartment detained
- 24.05.2018Man takes three hostages in Moscow - Interior Ministry
- 24.05.2018Russian Defense Ministry general detained
- 24.05.2018Man commits suicide after killing five in Russia
- 24.05.2018Armenia army chief to be dismissed
- 20.05.2018Pentagon says Moscow 'not doing enough' to fight terrorism within borders
- 20.05.2018All militants who attacked church in Grozny identified, says Chechnya’s head
- 18.05.2018Putin approves new cabinet
- 17.05.2018Putin Met With Assad in Sochi - Kremlin Spokesman
- 17.05.2018Putin: Defense Ministry allocates $24 billion for state defense order 2018
- 16.05.2018Protesters storm mayor’s building in Yerevan
- 16.05.2018Russian embassy warns of attempts to embroil other states in Skripal case
- 14.03.2018Moscow not connected to ex-spy’s poisoning: Kremlin
- 17.03.2018Russia, Iran, Turkey to assist UN to draft constitutional reform in Syria - Lavrov
- 18.03.2018Voting begins in Russian 2018 presidential election
- 14.03.2018Turkish, Russian presidents to meet in Ankara on April 3 – FM
- 14.03.2018Syria, S-400 to be in focus at talks of Russian, Turkish foreign ministers
- 10.03.2018Putin on U.S. election interference: ‘I couldn’t care less’