Moscow to accelerate delivery of S-400 system to Turkey
Moscow will accelerate the delivery of the Russian air defense system S-400 to Turkey, according to Kremlin press office on Monday, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
Revealing the agenda of the seventh meeting of High-level Russian-Turkish Cooperation Council at a news conference in Moscow, Presidential Aide Yury Ushakov said: "Much attention will be given to international affairs and military cooperation, also here is a famous topic -- delivery of Russian air defence system S-400 to Turkey -- other questions concerning military exchange."
Ushakov confirmed that Russia would accelerate the delivery of S-400 at the request of Turkey.
"Necessary efforts will be made from our side to satisfy the request of the Turkish side," he said.
He added that delivery of Turkish tomatoes to Russia would also likely be among topics on the agenda of Erdogan and Putin meeting.
About Turkish Stream pipeline construction, Ushakov said "it is progressing on schedule".
Regarding the upcoming trilateral summit in Turkish capital Ankara, the presidential aide said Turkish, Russian and Iranian leaders are expected to make a joint statement.
In this statement, they will point out their support to the sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity of Syria, he added.
"Presidents are suggested to synchronize watches regarding implementation of the UN resolution 2401 regarding nationwide cease-fire and improvement of the humanitarian situation in this country," he said.
"The heads of states will assess the current situation, additional steps could be taken to strengthen cease-fire and to ensure the functioning of the de-escalation zones."
Trump’s invitation to Putin
American President Donald Trump has offered Russian President Vladimir Putin to hold a meeting in Washington, Ushakov added.
"When presidents talked on the phone [on March 20], Trump offered to hold a meeting in Washington, in the White House. After that, another setback occurred in our bilateral relations - the expulsion of 60 diplomats, closure of the Consulate General. For this reason, after March 20 this question didn't come up," he said.
The possibility of such a contact in the first half of the year was not discussed, Ushakov noted.
Nevertheless, Russia expects that one day Russian-American relations can improve, Ushakov concluded.
Commenting on the matter, the White House confirmed Trump offered to meet Putin at a number of venues, including the White House.
Spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the White House has no additional comment "at this time".
*Michael Hernandez contributed to this report from Washington
Related news releases
- 21.07.2018Russian FM demands release of citizen detained in US
- 18.07.2018Mass flooding leaves Russia's Krasnodar trapped under water
- 16.07.2018Putin calls summit first step towards ‘clearing backlog’ in Russia-US relations
- 14.07.2018Russia says U.S. indictment over election meddling is groundless
- 12.07.2018Russian Foreign Ministry calls NATO 'Useless Military Bloc'
- 11.07.2018Yerevan experiences power outage
- 10.07.2018Kremlin pins American senator’s harsh swipe at Russia on US Deep State ‘pressure’
- 08.07.2018Armenian court issues arrest warrant for ex-president’s brother Levon Sargsyan and his daughter
- 06.07.2018Large fire breaks out in residential house in central Moscow
- 03.07.2018Armenian trucks stuck at Russia-Georgia border – ministry
- 02.07.2018Kremlin says political resolve for establishing Russia-US dialogue will prevail
- 28.06.2018Trump to meet with Putin July 16 in Finland
- 25.06.2018Sargsyan’s brother detained by police
- 25.06.2018Top Russian, Iranian diplomats mull preparations for summit of Caspian states
- 24.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman embarks on official visit to Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2018Armenian military officer caught red-handed for embezzlement of technical supplies
- 21.06.2018Russia’s cooperation with UN to be in focus of Lavrov’s talks with UN Secretary General
- 21.06.2018Russian interior minister arrives in New York to attend UN Chiefs of Police Summit
- 16.06.2018Taxi rams into people in Moscow, at least 8 injured - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Putin introduced Armenian PM to the President of Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Anton Vaino appointed head of Kremlin administration
- 12.06.2018Russian foreign minister praises Trump-Kim meeting
- 12.06.2018Ukraine, Russia fail to agree on UN peacekeeping mission
- 07.06.2018Gazprom appeals against assets seizure in Swiss Court
- 07.06.2018Russia-Armenia trade turnover up by 30 percent last year – Lavrov
- 07.06.2018Russian, Armenian FMs meet in Moscow
- 06.06.2018Russian defense minister: Terror is the main threat to CIS countries
- 06.06.2018Putin expects sanctions on Russia to be removed with time, relations with US to improve
- 05.06.2018Russia not trying to split EU, Putin says before rare visit to Western Europe
- 03.06.2018Counterterrorism operation regime introduced in Dagestan
- 01.06.2018NPP reactor will be closed for repair In Armenia
- 31.05.2018Russia to cut excise duties on diesel fuel, gasoline starting from June 1
- 31.05.2018Moscow "House of Books" allows presentation of American historian's book about the "Armenian Genocide" after APA's news
- 30.05.2018Russia slams Ukraine's staging reporter's murder as `anti-Russian provocation'
- 30.05.2018Russian journalist believed to be dead turns up alive at news conference
- 29.05.2018Putin appoints Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 29.05.2018Lavrov notes US not interested in cooperating with Russia on cybersecurity
- 29.05.2018Armenian serviceman dies in road accident
- 26.05.2018Putin: Turkey has right to choose its military aircraft
- 25.05.2018Plenary meeting held in Petersburg forum with participation of Russian, French and Japan leaders
- 03.04.2018Russian CEC head presents presidential certificate to Putin
- 03.04.2018NATO will not issue visa to new Russian diplomats
- 04.04.2018Patrushev: Some countries claim to act as global prosecutors and judges all in one
- 02.04.2018Russia’s Caspian Flotilla to relocate headquarter to Dagestan
- 29.03.2018Russian Aerospace force launches Soyuz-2.1V rocket
- 29.03.2018Russia to close US consulate in St. Petersburg, expel 60 diplomats – Lavrov