Lawmaker Zhirinovsky: United Russian-Armenian military group should be under Russian command
The united group of Armenian and Russian Troops should be under the Russian command, the leader of Russia’s Liberal Democratic Party, Vladimir Zhirinovsky, said at a State Duma meeting on Friday, APA’s Moscow correspondent reported on Friday.
He noted that the joint command of military bases and joint troops outside Russia is unacceptable: “The joint command should be subordinate to General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces and the Supreme Commander-in-Chief,” said the lawmaker.
According to him, the joint command can lead to unforeseen negative consequences. “Without our knowledge, they will begin some military operations, and we will automatically be dragged into them”, he explained.
The Russian State Duma ratified today the agreement on joint group of forces with Armenia signed in Moscow on November 30, 2016.
Related news releases
- 22.07.2017Lavrov says US continues support to some opposition groups in Syria
- 20.07.2017Kremlin says not considering Lapshin’s extradition to Russia
- 18.07.2017Russia reiterates its restrained stance on North Korean issue settlement
- 18.07.2017Fire in Mosow high-rise extinguished - UPDATED
- 14.07.2017The State Duma will consider ratification of the agreement with Armenia
- 13.07.2017Sergei Lavrov: "Russia does not support Assad"
- 13.07.2017Boris Nemtsov killer sentenced to 20 years in prison
- 12.07.2017Russian defense adviser killed in militant attack in Hama, Syria
- 08.07.2017Putin: US position on Syria became more pragmatic
- 05.07.2017Astana, Washington sign 5-year defense cooperation plan
- 05.07.2017Anatoly Serdyukov to head Rostvertol’s board of directors
- 04.07.2017Chinese president says ties with Putin stronger than with any other leader
- 02.07.201710 people killed, 12 injured in bus, truck crash in Russia's Tatarstan
- 01.07.2017Putin has phone talks with Qatar, Bahrain on Gulf row
- 01.07.2017Almost 120 flights delayed in Moscow over heavy rainfall
- 30.06.2017Russia cuts contribution to Council of Europe
- 30.06.2017Number of Kyrgyz presidential candidates reaches 11
- 29.06.2017Medvedev:"Sanctions will still influence Russian economy in coming years"
- 28.06.2017Armenia concerned over Russia’s selling weapons to Azerbaijan
- 27.06.2017Ukrainian serviceman killed in car bomb
- 27.06.2017Russia's Lavrov, U.S. Secretary of State Tillerson discuss Syrian conflict
- 24.06.2017Russian Foreign Ministry: Conflict around Qatar should be settled by diplomatic means
- 23.06.2017Russian FM: US sanction pressure on Moscow 'illusory'
- 21.06.2017Russian Su-27 warns off NATO F-16 trying to approach defense minister’s plane over Baltic
- 20.06.2017Moscow confirms new Astana meeting on Syria slated for July 4-5
- 16.06.2017Russia's Caspian Flotilla launches exercises in Makhachkala
- 16.06.2017Putin: US Always Interfered in Russian Elections, Especially in 2012
- 15.06.2017Putin says Russia ready for constructive dialogue with USA
- 15.06.2017Putin: Russia will analyze situation in Donbass to take right decision
- 15.06.2017Putin says ready to cooperate with opposition
- 15.06.2017Lukashenko considers foreign interference in conflicts in post-Soviet territory unacceptable
- 15.06.2017Putin says not surprised over US Senate’s attempts to tighten anti-Russian sanctions
- 15.06.2017Famous Russian actor Alexei Batalov dies
- 14.06.2017Putin calls attempts to disturb world nuclear balance 'big mistake'
- 13.06.2017Putin: Us provided support to terrorists in Russia's Chechnya
- 13.06.2017Putin calls US anti-Russia election campaign rhetoric ‘big mistake’
- 11.06.2017Man who opened fire from shotgun in township near Moscow eliminated by police
- 10.06.2017Two killed in shooting in Moscow region
- 09.06.2017Granddaughter of Cold War-era Soviet leader dies after being hit by train near Moscow
- 09.06.2017US policies unchanged now matter who is in power — Putin
- 14.07.2017Russia's Putin hopes dialogue with Trump will continue
- 16.07.2017Suspects in attack on Russian tourists in Abkhazia identified - security service
- 17.07.2017Sargsyan: Russia’s sale of arms to Azerbaijan is most painful aspect of Armenia-Russia relations
- 14.07.2017Russian Duma ratifies agreement to keep 49-year presence at Syrian naval and air base
- 14.07.2017Russia ratifies agreement on joint group of forces with Armenia
- 14.07.2017Moscow threatens to reduce number of American diplomats at US embassy