Kremlin dismisses report of Trump campaign contacts with Russian spies
The Kremlin said on Wednesday an American media report, which said members of Donald Trump's presidential campaign had contacts with Russian intelligence officials, was not based on any facts, APA reports citing Reuters.
The New York Times, citing four current and former U.S. officials, reported on Tuesday that phone records and intercepted calls show that members of Trump's campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election.
"Let's not believe anonymous information," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told a conference call with reporters, noting that the newspaper's sources were unnamed.
"It's a newspaper report which is not based on any facts."
Peskov, responding to a White House statement saying Trump expected Russia to return Crimea to Ukraine, also said the Kremlin had no intention of discussing its territorial integrity with foreign partners.
Related news releases
- 17.12.2017Austria’s new government set to lift anti-Russian sanctions
- 16.12.2017Gunman killed in armed clash in Russia’s Kabardino-Balkaria Region
- 15.12.2017Russian ex-minister Ulyukayev gets 8 years in prison for extorting $2 mln bribe
- 15.12.2017Russian presidential election set for March 18
- 15.12.2017Russia to double ballistic missile tests in 2018
- 15.12.2017Putin, Trump discuss Russia-US relations, North Korea in phone call
- 15.12.2017Russia unlikely to apply for participation in PACE’s work in 2018 — Russian MP
- 15.12.2017Moscow denies Russian jets intercepted by US F-22s in Syria
- 14.12.2017Russia, U.S. could cooperate on Afghanistan – Putin
- 14.12.2017Putin on Saakashvili's actions: This is 'a spit in the face of Ukrainian, Georgian people'
- 14.12.2017Trump faces restrictions in implementing intention to improve ties with Russia – Putin
- 14.12.2017Putin says Washington has in fact quit INF treaty
- 13.12.2017Erdogan's position on Jerusalem does not coincide with Russia's - Peskov
- 12.12.2017Price of AI-92 gasoline reduced in Kazakhstan
- 12.12.2017Soldier wounded in landmine explosion at Armenian border
- 12.12.2017Russian military chief criticizes U.S., Japan and South Korea drills
- 11.12.2017Kyiv court turns down prosecutor's motion to place Saakashvili under house arrest - UPDATED
- 09.12.2017Ex-President of Georgia goes on hunger strike in Ukrainian Jail
- 09.12.2017Mikheil Saakashvili detained in Kyiv
- 08.12.2017Russian FM: Trump’s Jerusalem decision contradicts all agreements
- 06.12.2017Russia claims Daesh completely destroyed in Syria
- 06.12.2017Putin says to seek new presidential term in 2018
- 06.12.2017Russian lower house slaps ban on US ‘foreign agent’ mass media from visiting State Duma
- 05.12.201741% of Russians want Lenin’s body to be buried
- 05.12.2017Russia's Investigative Committee appeals to General Prosecutor's Office for putting Telman Ismailov on Interpol’s wanted list
- 02.12.2017Sergey Lavrov: "We have no doubts and suspicions towards Azerbaijan"
- 02.12.2017Russia’s Foreign Ministry confirms Lavrov, Tillerson plan to meet in Vienna
- 01.12.2017Russia strengthened air defense in the North Caucasus
- 27.11.2017Iranian foreign minister to visit Armenia
- 26.11.2017Russia’s ex-finance minister regrets adoption of foreign agent media law
- 25.11.2017Tiger shot dead in Paris after escaping from circus
- 25.11.2017Fire in Batumi hotel kills eleven - UPDATED
- 25.11.2017Ukraine rebel region's security minister says he is new leader
- 23.11.2017Russia to cut task force in Syria — General Staff
- 23.11.20172 killed, 6 injured in shootout in Dagestan, closer to the border with Azerbaijan
- 22.11.2017Turkey, Russia, Iran vow to back Syria's sovereignty
- 22.11.2017Putin, Erdogan and Rouhani agree on holding Syrian national dialogue congress in Sochi
- 22.11.2017Turkish, Russian, Iranian presidents meet in Sochi
- 22.11.2017Russian baritone Hvorostovsky dies at 55
- 21.11.2017Putin and Assad meet in Sochi
- 16.02.2017Georgian police arrest American wanted on terrorism charges in Uzbekistan
- 16.02.2017Lavrov says Tillerson ready to support Syrian peace talks in Astana
- 16.02.2017Discussed issues at the Dunford-Gerasimov meeting become known
- 15.02.2017Russian MoD Denies Incidents With Russian Planes Near US Destroyer in Black Sea
- 14.02.2017Moscow expects Syria talks in Astana to boost peace process in Geneva
- 14.02.2017Syria peace talks in Astana postponed until February 16