Kazakh TV presenter dies as her leg gets stuck in elevator door
Kazakh TV presenter Aizat Abdisamat, 27, has died from blood loss and severe shock when her leg got stuck in the faulty elevator's door, APA reports citing The Sun.
The screaming girl was stuck in the lift for an hour beside her dismembered mother's body before she was freed by rescuers.
The Kazakh presenter, who lived on the sixth floor of the building in Aktobe, had taken her child for a walk to meet her husband after he returned from work.
She tried to get out on the third floor after the doors began opening and shutting erratically, but she became trapped in the door. The force completely severed her leg at the hip.
A rescue team only arrived an hour later and brought out the girl who suffered head injuries amid fears she also has psychological trauma watching her mother’s death.
The TV star died almost immediately from massive blood loss after her leg was severed.
Dastan Netalieva, deputy chief doctor of the local ambulance service, said: "A young woman entered the lift with her three-year-old child."
She got into the lift on the sixth floor and the appalling accident was on the third storey.
"Somehow, one of her legs remained outside the lift, the doors shut and lift suddenly moved up. Her leg was amputated.
"Her wounds were fatal. The child was rescued by the service team. An ambulance arrived at 9.47pm. The lift was forced open and the woman was lying inside, her child was crying next to her.
"The woman was already dead. Her child was taken to the children’s hospital with suspected head trauma."
Aizat Abdisamat was a TV presenter on the Kazakhstan-Aktobe TV Channel.
The co-hosted the morning show Kaiyrly Tan and popular children's programme Baldauren. Her colleagues described her as “a great person”.
Her co-host Konysbek Terekuly said: "Aizat came to work with us in 2013. She would have turned 28 this year.
"We are all stunned here. I did not believe it at first. We are going to see her family now, to express our condolences.
"Her body has just been brought home. It is so scary, such a terrible death. She had gone down to meet her husband from work along with her daughter."
Witness Alexandra Kaliyan, who lives in the same block, said: "There was a sudden and loud noise.
"We went down and a neighbour said that a woman and her child got stuck inside the lift.
"We called police, ambulance, everybody. They came in about an hour and the woman was already dead."
Related news releases
- 24.04.2018Nikol Pashinyan says ready to be Armenia’s premier
- 24.04.2018Russia says no decision yet on delivery of S-300 missiles to Syria
- 23.04.2018Armenian PM Serzh Sargsyan resigns - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Kremlin calls events in Armenia domestic affair, says Russia won’t meddle
- 23.04.2018Armenia’s delegation to PACE returns to Yerevan
- 23.04.2018Nikol Pashinyan released from detention center
- 22.04.2018Militants hand 30 armored vehicles to Russian military in Syria
- 22.04.2018Armenian President meets Serzh Sargsyan after talk with opposition leader
- 21.04.2018Nine gunmen plotting terror attack on May Day shot dead in Dagestan
- 21.04.2018Storm in Moscow leaves 2 dead, 12 people injured - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Russian media company correspondent killed in Syria
- 20.04.2018Pashinyan: Situation is not under Serzh Sargsyan’s control
- 20.04.2018Democratic Party sues Russia, Trump campaign for allegedly disrupting 2016 election
- 20.04.2018Armenian police detain 183 opposition activists - UPDATED
- 20.04.2018Putin, Trump will not allow armed confrontation between Russia, US – Lavrov
- 19.04.2018Nikol Pashinyan: "We resume action of total blocking of Yerevan streets"
- 19.04.2018Russia and US may be left without direct flights due to Aeroflot’s visa difficulties
- 19.04.2018Militants who attacked UN Mission in Douma were warned in advance
- 19.04.2018Journalist gets beaten during mass protest in Armenia
- 18.04.2018Opposition march toward Republic Square
- 17.04.2018The Armenian opposition announced the creation of a committee of "velvet revolution"
- 17.04.2018Serzh Sargsyan elected Armenia’s PM
- 17.04.2018FSB exposes IS cell plotting terrorist attacks in Russia
- 16.04.2018Armenian opposition leader urges to block parliament building
- 16.04.201822 injured after demonstrators clash with police in Yerevan
- 16.04.2018Armenia’s Republican Party formally nominates Sargsyan’s candidacy as next PM
- 16.04.2018Armenians protest Sargsyan's appointment as PM
- 15.04.2018Kazakhstan warns of further military de-escalation in Syria
- 14.04.2018Opposition-led protesters break into building of Armenian public radio
- 14.04.2018Serzh Sargsyan nominated for Armenia’s PM
- 14.04.2018Syrian downs 71 out of 103 US coalition cruise missiles: Russian military
- 14.04.2018Putin: Operation launched by US and allies is aggression against sovereign state
- 14.04.2018Russian Defence Ministry: Over 100 missiles fired at Syria
- 14.04.2018Russian Foreign Ministry: "You shelled Syria's capital at the moment when it had gained a chance of a peaceful future"
- 13.04.2018Three wounded in landmine explosion in Armenia
- 13.04.2018Russia calls for emergency UN Security Council meeting
- 12.04.2018Russia asks US to solve problems at 'negotiating table'
- 12.04.2018Russia resumes flights to Egypt
- 11.04.2018Putin expects common sense to prevail amid global tensions
- 11.04.2018Putin's inauguration scheduled for 7 May
- 09.04.2018Russia’s Lavrov calls on Turkey to return Afrin to Damascus control
- 11.04.2018Helicopter Crashes in Russian City of Khabarovsk
- 11.04.2018Moscow to Trump: Are ‘smart’ missiles an attempt to destroy alleged chem attack evidence in Syria?
- 09.04.2018Presidential inauguration held in Armenia
- 08.04.2018Russian Aerospace Forces to get three S-400 regimental sets this year — Defense Ministry
- 06.04.2018Russia appoints new ambassador to Armenia