Kazakh TV presenter dies as her leg gets stuck in elevator door
Kazakh TV presenter Aizat Abdisamat, 27, has died from blood loss and severe shock when her leg got stuck in the faulty elevator's door, APA reports citing The Sun.
The screaming girl was stuck in the lift for an hour beside her dismembered mother's body before she was freed by rescuers.
The Kazakh presenter, who lived on the sixth floor of the building in Aktobe, had taken her child for a walk to meet her husband after he returned from work.
She tried to get out on the third floor after the doors began opening and shutting erratically, but she became trapped in the door. The force completely severed her leg at the hip.
A rescue team only arrived an hour later and brought out the girl who suffered head injuries amid fears she also has psychological trauma watching her mother’s death.
The TV star died almost immediately from massive blood loss after her leg was severed.
Dastan Netalieva, deputy chief doctor of the local ambulance service, said: "A young woman entered the lift with her three-year-old child."
She got into the lift on the sixth floor and the appalling accident was on the third storey.
"Somehow, one of her legs remained outside the lift, the doors shut and lift suddenly moved up. Her leg was amputated.
"Her wounds were fatal. The child was rescued by the service team. An ambulance arrived at 9.47pm. The lift was forced open and the woman was lying inside, her child was crying next to her.
"The woman was already dead. Her child was taken to the children’s hospital with suspected head trauma."
Aizat Abdisamat was a TV presenter on the Kazakhstan-Aktobe TV Channel.
The co-hosted the morning show Kaiyrly Tan and popular children's programme Baldauren. Her colleagues described her as “a great person”.
Her co-host Konysbek Terekuly said: "Aizat came to work with us in 2013. She would have turned 28 this year.
"We are all stunned here. I did not believe it at first. We are going to see her family now, to express our condolences.
"Her body has just been brought home. It is so scary, such a terrible death. She had gone down to meet her husband from work along with her daughter."
Witness Alexandra Kaliyan, who lives in the same block, said: "There was a sudden and loud noise.
"We went down and a neighbour said that a woman and her child got stuck inside the lift.
"We called police, ambulance, everybody. They came in about an hour and the woman was already dead."
Related news releases
- 18.07.2018Mass flooding leaves Russia's Krasnodar trapped under water
- 16.07.2018Putin calls summit first step towards ‘clearing backlog’ in Russia-US relations
- 14.07.2018Russia says U.S. indictment over election meddling is groundless
- 12.07.2018Russian Foreign Ministry calls NATO 'Useless Military Bloc'
- 11.07.2018Yerevan experiences power outage
- 10.07.2018Kremlin pins American senator’s harsh swipe at Russia on US Deep State ‘pressure’
- 08.07.2018Armenian court issues arrest warrant for ex-president’s brother Levon Sargsyan and his daughter
- 06.07.2018Large fire breaks out in residential house in central Moscow
- 03.07.2018Armenian trucks stuck at Russia-Georgia border – ministry
- 02.07.2018Kremlin says political resolve for establishing Russia-US dialogue will prevail
- 28.06.2018Trump to meet with Putin July 16 in Finland
- 25.06.2018Sargsyan’s brother detained by police
- 25.06.2018Top Russian, Iranian diplomats mull preparations for summit of Caspian states
- 24.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman embarks on official visit to Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2018Armenian military officer caught red-handed for embezzlement of technical supplies
- 21.06.2018Russia’s cooperation with UN to be in focus of Lavrov’s talks with UN Secretary General
- 21.06.2018Russian interior minister arrives in New York to attend UN Chiefs of Police Summit
- 16.06.2018Taxi rams into people in Moscow, at least 8 injured - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Putin introduced Armenian PM to the President of Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Anton Vaino appointed head of Kremlin administration
- 12.06.2018Russian foreign minister praises Trump-Kim meeting
- 12.06.2018Ukraine, Russia fail to agree on UN peacekeeping mission
- 07.06.2018Gazprom appeals against assets seizure in Swiss Court
- 07.06.2018Russia-Armenia trade turnover up by 30 percent last year – Lavrov
- 07.06.2018Russian, Armenian FMs meet in Moscow
- 06.06.2018Russian defense minister: Terror is the main threat to CIS countries
- 06.06.2018Putin expects sanctions on Russia to be removed with time, relations with US to improve
- 05.06.2018Russia not trying to split EU, Putin says before rare visit to Western Europe
- 03.06.2018Counterterrorism operation regime introduced in Dagestan
- 01.06.2018NPP reactor will be closed for repair In Armenia
- 31.05.2018Russia to cut excise duties on diesel fuel, gasoline starting from June 1
- 31.05.2018Moscow "House of Books" allows presentation of American historian's book about the "Armenian Genocide" after APA's news
- 30.05.2018Russia slams Ukraine's staging reporter's murder as `anti-Russian provocation'
- 30.05.2018Russian journalist believed to be dead turns up alive at news conference
- 29.05.2018Putin appoints Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 29.05.2018Lavrov notes US not interested in cooperating with Russia on cybersecurity
- 29.05.2018Armenian serviceman dies in road accident
- 26.05.2018Putin: Turkey has right to choose its military aircraft
- 25.05.2018Plenary meeting held in Petersburg forum with participation of Russian, French and Japan leaders
- 25.05.2018Armenian president visits Georgia
- 09.04.2018Russia’s Lavrov calls on Turkey to return Afrin to Damascus control
- 11.04.2018Helicopter Crashes in Russian City of Khabarovsk
- 11.04.2018Moscow to Trump: Are ‘smart’ missiles an attempt to destroy alleged chem attack evidence in Syria?
- 09.04.2018Presidential inauguration held in Armenia
- 08.04.2018Russian Aerospace Forces to get three S-400 regimental sets this year — Defense Ministry
- 06.04.2018Russia appoints new ambassador to Armenia