13 people indicted for theft from EU Armenia delegation grant funds - UPDATED
The Investigative Committee of Armenia has presented details on the criminal case that has been launched into the committing of theft from the grant funds allocated by the Delegation of the European Union (EU) to Armenia, APA reported citing armenpress.am.
The Committee released a statement, saying: “The preliminary investigation of the ongoing criminal case on embezzlement of EU grants continues in the general department of investigations of the Investigative Committee. Based on evidence gathered during the investigation, Grant Program Coordinator of the EU delegation to Armenia Marine Papyan has been detained in suspicion of embezzling grant money provided by the EU delegation with initial agreement with a group of individuals.
Earlier it was reported that as result of investigations of the criminal case and analysys of all evidence, 13 people – Tigran Sukiasyan, Gevorg Ghazaryan, Rubina Ter Martirosyan, Armen Bareghamyan, Anahit Avagyan, Sergey Balasanyan, Dina Manukyan, Karen Stepanyan, Tereza Dilanyan, Alexander Poghosyan, as well as Hrayr Gyonjyan, Garik Chilingaryan and Gegham Petrosyan - are under investigation for embezzlement, assisting embezzlement and forgery of documents of EU delegation grant money. Hrayr Gyonjyan, Garik Chilingaryan and Gegham Petrosyan are currently wanted.
Marine Papyan, Grant Program Coordinator of the EU delegation in
The arrest comes amid an ongoing criminal case investigated by the general department of investigations of the Investigative Committee (IC), IC spokesperson Sona Truzyan told Armenpress.
Related news releases
- 22.07.2017Lavrov says US continues support to some opposition groups in Syria
- 20.07.2017Kremlin says not considering Lapshin’s extradition to Russia
- 18.07.2017Russia reiterates its restrained stance on North Korean issue settlement
- 18.07.2017Fire in Mosow high-rise extinguished - UPDATED
- 17.07.2017Sargsyan: Russia’s sale of arms to Azerbaijan is most painful aspect of Armenia-Russia relations
- 16.07.2017Suspects in attack on Russian tourists in Abkhazia identified - security service
- 14.07.2017Russia's Putin hopes dialogue with Trump will continue
- 14.07.2017Lawmaker Zhirinovsky: United Russian-Armenian military group should be under Russian command
- 14.07.2017Russian Duma ratifies agreement to keep 49-year presence at Syrian naval and air base
- 14.07.2017Russia ratifies agreement on joint group of forces with Armenia
- 14.07.2017Moscow threatens to reduce number of American diplomats at US embassy
- 14.07.2017The State Duma will consider ratification of the agreement with Armenia
- 13.07.2017Sergei Lavrov: "Russia does not support Assad"
- 13.07.2017Boris Nemtsov killer sentenced to 20 years in prison
- 12.07.2017Russian defense adviser killed in militant attack in Hama, Syria
- 08.07.2017Putin: US position on Syria became more pragmatic
- 05.07.2017Astana, Washington sign 5-year defense cooperation plan
- 05.07.2017Anatoly Serdyukov to head Rostvertol’s board of directors
- 04.07.2017Chinese president says ties with Putin stronger than with any other leader
- 02.07.201710 people killed, 12 injured in bus, truck crash in Russia's Tatarstan
- 01.07.2017Putin has phone talks with Qatar, Bahrain on Gulf row
- 01.07.2017Almost 120 flights delayed in Moscow over heavy rainfall
- 30.06.2017Russia cuts contribution to Council of Europe
- 30.06.2017Number of Kyrgyz presidential candidates reaches 11
- 29.06.2017Medvedev:"Sanctions will still influence Russian economy in coming years"
- 28.06.2017Armenia concerned over Russia’s selling weapons to Azerbaijan
- 27.06.2017Ukrainian serviceman killed in car bomb
- 27.06.2017Russia's Lavrov, U.S. Secretary of State Tillerson discuss Syrian conflict
- 24.06.2017Russian Foreign Ministry: Conflict around Qatar should be settled by diplomatic means
- 23.06.2017Russian FM: US sanction pressure on Moscow 'illusory'
- 21.06.2017Russian Su-27 warns off NATO F-16 trying to approach defense minister’s plane over Baltic
- 20.06.2017Moscow confirms new Astana meeting on Syria slated for July 4-5
- 16.06.2017Russia's Caspian Flotilla launches exercises in Makhachkala
- 16.06.2017Putin: US Always Interfered in Russian Elections, Especially in 2012
- 15.06.2017Putin says Russia ready for constructive dialogue with USA
- 15.06.2017Putin: Russia will analyze situation in Donbass to take right decision
- 15.06.2017Putin says ready to cooperate with opposition
- 15.06.2017Lukashenko considers foreign interference in conflicts in post-Soviet territory unacceptable
- 15.06.2017Putin says not surprised over US Senate’s attempts to tighten anti-Russian sanctions
- 15.06.2017Famous Russian actor Alexei Batalov dies
- 28.04.2017Russia's PM Medvedev thanks Turkish premier for help in evacuating crew of wrecked ship
- 28.04.2017Russian prosecutors confirm bid urging Interpol to put Ukraine’s ex-PM on wanted list
- 28.04.2017Merkel to discuss Ukrainian crisis, Syria with Putin
- 26.04.2017Russia says U.S. missile strike on Syria was a threat to its forces
- 26.04.2017Sixth Moscow conference on int’l security kicks off
- 25.04.2017Russian schoolboy hospitalized after being attacked by lion