Fire in Mosow high-rise extinguished - UPDATED
The blaze in a high-rise building in Moscow has been successfully extinguished, Deputy Head of the Emergency Ministry’s Moscow Directorate Sergei Zheltov announced, RIA Novosti reported.
60 firefighting brigades and 20 vehicles are at the scene.
A fire has broken out in a high-rise building under reconstruction on a major street in central Moscow, The Emergencies Ministry reports. The fire started on the seventh floor of the building and has reportedly engulfed about 200 square meters, according to Russia Today.
Emergency services were notified about the incident at around 10:35am local time.
The high-rise building on Novy Arbat, a six-lane avenue running through downtown Moscow, is under renovation.
Moscow’s branch of the Emergencies Ministry reported there has been no information on any injured.
The fire engulfed some 200 square meters, Moscow’s Emergencies Services told TASS. “There are no people inside,” it added.
The seventh floor where the fire started was used as a storage space for construction materials, TASS reported.
Twenty firefighter crews are at the scene to extinguish the blaze, RIA Novosti reported.
There was no explosion inside the building, Emergency Services said.
Related news releases
- 15.12.2017Russian presidential election set for March 18
- 15.12.2017Russia to double ballistic missile tests in 2018
- 15.12.2017Putin, Trump discuss Russia-US relations, North Korea in phone call
- 15.12.2017Russia unlikely to apply for participation in PACE’s work in 2018 — Russian MP
- 15.12.2017Moscow denies Russian jets intercepted by US F-22s in Syria
- 14.12.2017Russia, U.S. could cooperate on Afghanistan – Putin
- 14.12.2017Putin on Saakashvili's actions: This is 'a spit in the face of Ukrainian, Georgian people'
- 14.12.2017Trump faces restrictions in implementing intention to improve ties with Russia – Putin
- 14.12.2017Putin says Washington has in fact quit INF treaty
- 13.12.2017Erdogan's position on Jerusalem does not coincide with Russia's - Peskov
- 12.12.2017Price of AI-92 gasoline reduced in Kazakhstan
- 12.12.2017Soldier wounded in landmine explosion at Armenian border
- 12.12.2017Russian military chief criticizes U.S., Japan and South Korea drills
- 11.12.2017Kyiv court turns down prosecutor's motion to place Saakashvili under house arrest - UPDATED
- 09.12.2017Ex-President of Georgia goes on hunger strike in Ukrainian Jail
- 09.12.2017Mikheil Saakashvili detained in Kyiv
- 08.12.2017Russian FM: Trump’s Jerusalem decision contradicts all agreements
- 06.12.2017Russia claims Daesh completely destroyed in Syria
- 06.12.2017Putin says to seek new presidential term in 2018
- 06.12.2017Russian lower house slaps ban on US ‘foreign agent’ mass media from visiting State Duma
- 05.12.201741% of Russians want Lenin’s body to be buried
- 05.12.2017Russia's Investigative Committee appeals to General Prosecutor's Office for putting Telman Ismailov on Interpol’s wanted list
- 02.12.2017Sergey Lavrov: "We have no doubts and suspicions towards Azerbaijan"
- 02.12.2017Russia’s Foreign Ministry confirms Lavrov, Tillerson plan to meet in Vienna
- 01.12.2017Russia strengthened air defense in the North Caucasus
- 27.11.2017Iranian foreign minister to visit Armenia
- 26.11.2017Russia’s ex-finance minister regrets adoption of foreign agent media law
- 25.11.2017Tiger shot dead in Paris after escaping from circus
- 25.11.2017Fire in Batumi hotel kills eleven - UPDATED
- 25.11.2017Ukraine rebel region's security minister says he is new leader
- 23.11.2017Russia to cut task force in Syria — General Staff
- 23.11.20172 killed, 6 injured in shootout in Dagestan, closer to the border with Azerbaijan
- 22.11.2017Turkey, Russia, Iran vow to back Syria's sovereignty
- 22.11.2017Putin, Erdogan and Rouhani agree on holding Syrian national dialogue congress in Sochi
- 22.11.2017Turkish, Russian, Iranian presidents meet in Sochi
- 22.11.2017Russian baritone Hvorostovsky dies at 55
- 21.11.2017Putin and Assad meet in Sochi
- 18.11.2017Five injured in passenger bus-truck collision in Russia
- 17.11.2017Six inmates slash their wrists in Moscow court
- 17.11.2017Minibus collides with truck in Volga Area, 15 dead
- 18.07.2017Russia reiterates its restrained stance on North Korean issue settlement
- 20.07.2017Kremlin says not considering Lapshin’s extradition to Russia
- 22.07.2017Lavrov says US continues support to some opposition groups in Syria
- 17.07.2017Sargsyan: Russia’s sale of arms to Azerbaijan is most painful aspect of Armenia-Russia relations
- 16.07.2017Suspects in attack on Russian tourists in Abkhazia identified - security service
- 14.07.2017Russia's Putin hopes dialogue with Trump will continue