Fire in Mosow high-rise extinguished - UPDATED
The blaze in a high-rise building in Moscow has been successfully extinguished, Deputy Head of the Emergency Ministry’s Moscow Directorate Sergei Zheltov announced, RIA Novosti reported.
60 firefighting brigades and 20 vehicles are at the scene.
A fire has broken out in a high-rise building under reconstruction on a major street in central Moscow, The Emergencies Ministry reports. The fire started on the seventh floor of the building and has reportedly engulfed about 200 square meters, according to Russia Today.
Emergency services were notified about the incident at around 10:35am local time.
The high-rise building on Novy Arbat, a six-lane avenue running through downtown Moscow, is under renovation.
Moscow’s branch of the Emergencies Ministry reported there has been no information on any injured.
The fire engulfed some 200 square meters, Moscow’s Emergencies Services told TASS. “There are no people inside,” it added.
The seventh floor where the fire started was used as a storage space for construction materials, TASS reported.
Twenty firefighter crews are at the scene to extinguish the blaze, RIA Novosti reported.
There was no explosion inside the building, Emergency Services said.
Related news releases
- 20.10.2017Sergey Lavrov meets with Council of Europe Secretary General
- 20.10.2017Russia's Putin says oil price above $50/bbl is fair
- 20.10.2017Putin regrets that disrespect shown for Trump in US
- 19.10.2017Putin: Russia ready to move towards universal nuclear disarmament
- 19.10.2017Russian TV host Ksenia Sobchak declares Kremlin bid for 2018
- 18.10.2017Pedro Agramunt receives honorary doctorate from Russian higher school
- 18.10.2017One of main sponsors of separatist regime in Karabakh dies
- 18.10.2017Moscow police detain Armenian taxi driver accused of poisoning almost 100 people to death
- 18.10.2017Russia testing new Silo-Based ballistic missile
- 17.10.2017Lavrov: Agreement on UNSC reform unrealistic in next couple of years
- 16.10.2017Putin signs decree to implement UNSC sanctions on North Korea
- 16.10.2017Lavrov comments on construction of subsea pipeline in Caspian Sea
- 16.10.2017Armenian citizen shot dead in downtown Moscow
- 14.10.2017Russian FSB, police detain İSİL supporters preparing terrorist attacks
- 14.10.2017Russian President: "Fight against terror should be free from double standards"
- 13.10.2017Lavrov urges to give up on escalating tensions around DPRK
- 11.10.2017Putin: Volume of trade between CIS countries has reached $75 billion
- 11.10.2017Lukashenko criticizes CIS Interparliamentary Assembly for low efficiency
- 11.10.201718 documents inked at CIS summit in Sochi
- 11.10.2017Tajikistan takes over CIS presidency
- 11.10.2017Putin stresses need to increase effectiveness of CIS
- 11.10.2017Turkmen president gives Putin Central Asian pooch as gift
- 10.10.2017Several documents signed at CIS Ministerial Council meeting
- 09.10.2017House fire kills five in Russia
- 06.10.201717 killed, 12 others injured as train collides with bus in central Russia - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017Four Russian nationals abroad suspected of false phone bomb threats in Russia
- 05.10.2017Armenian businessman shot dead in Moscow
- 05.10.2017Russian Investigative Committee refuses to open criminal case against historian who exposed Armenian lies
- 05.10.2017Terror threat for CIS countries remains high: Anti-Terrorism Center
- 04.10.2017Saudi King arrives in Moscow for first ever visit
- 04.10.2017CIS foreign ministers to meet in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Severed human legs found next to supermarket in Moscow
- 04.10.2017Conditions for defeating terrorists, returning to peaceful life in Syria created — Lavrov
- 04.10.2017Venezuela's Maduro Travels to Russia For Energy Talks
- 03.10.2017Saakashvili's issue must be resolved through legal means: Ukrainian FM
- 30.09.2017Mammadbagir Aliyev elected to RAS Presidium
- 29.09.2017Shootout at Russian military base leaves 3 dead, 2 wounded
- 29.09.2017Two pilots die in military aircraft crash in Ukraine
- 27.09.2017Ukraine detains suspects behind massive blaze at ammo depot in Vinnytsia
- 27.09.2017Dagestan leader Ramazan Abdulatipov writes resignation letter
- 18.07.2017Russia reiterates its restrained stance on North Korean issue settlement
- 20.07.2017Kremlin says not considering Lapshin’s extradition to Russia
- 22.07.2017Lavrov says US continues support to some opposition groups in Syria
- 17.07.2017Sargsyan: Russia’s sale of arms to Azerbaijan is most painful aspect of Armenia-Russia relations
- 16.07.2017Suspects in attack on Russian tourists in Abkhazia identified - security service
- 14.07.2017Russia's Putin hopes dialogue with Trump will continue