Clashes occur between demonstrators and police in Yerevan
Clashes occurred between demonstrators and policemen in the center on the Republic Square in Yerevan on March 18, in the course of the protest action, in the memory of the "Deliverer of bread" Arthur Sarkisian, APA reports quoting news.am
The participants of the demonstration on the Republic Square demanded a meeting with the prime minister's assistant to answer the question why they rejected the demand to bury Arthur Sargsyan in the “Yerablur” panteon.
Demonstrators refused to obey the demand of the Police and leave the territory on the square and blocked the roadway several times. The police, led by Deputy Chief of Police of Yerevan Valery Osipyan, opened the roadway, by forcefully removing the demonstrators.
The organizers of the action called for a picket to continue at Freedom Square, and tomorrow again to march to the Government building.
Remind that on March 16, the "Bread Delivery Manager" group, "Sasna Tsrer" Arthur Sargsyan, died at the "Armenia" Medical Center in Yerevan. Artur Sargsyan, who was charged with aiding the Sasna Tsrer armed group, was released from prison on December 31, 2016, since he had an illness that was incompatible with imprisonment. On February 9, however, he was arrested yet again. Subsequently, Sargsyan went on hunger strike, and demanded that his preventive measure of arrest be commuted. A few days ago, and with a written guarantee by several dozen MPs, he was released from prison and immediately taken to hospital. Several days ago, however, he left the hospital on his own volition. But his health grew worse on Wednesday evening. He was taken to hospital, where he underwent surgery, but he did not regain consciousness after this operation. The Sasna Tsrer armed group had taken over a police patrol regiment building in Yerevan, taken hostages, but later surrendered, in July 2016. On July 26, Artur Sargsyan had broken through a police wall with a vehicle loaded with food, and delivered food to the members of this armed group.
- 24.04.2018Russia says no decision yet on delivery of S-300 missiles to Syria
- 23.04.2018Armenian PM Serzh Sargsyan resigns - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Kremlin calls events in Armenia domestic affair, says Russia won’t meddle
- 23.04.2018Armenia’s delegation to PACE returns to Yerevan
- 23.04.2018Nikol Pashinyan released from detention center
- 22.04.2018Militants hand 30 armored vehicles to Russian military in Syria
- 22.04.2018Armenian President meets Serzh Sargsyan after talk with opposition leader
- 21.04.2018Nine gunmen plotting terror attack on May Day shot dead in Dagestan
- 21.04.2018Storm in Moscow leaves 2 dead, 12 people injured - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Russian media company correspondent killed in Syria
- 20.04.2018Pashinyan: Situation is not under Serzh Sargsyan’s control
- 20.04.2018Democratic Party sues Russia, Trump campaign for allegedly disrupting 2016 election
- 20.04.2018Armenian police detain 183 opposition activists - UPDATED
- 20.04.2018Putin, Trump will not allow armed confrontation between Russia, US – Lavrov
- 19.04.2018Nikol Pashinyan: "We resume action of total blocking of Yerevan streets"
- 19.04.2018Russia and US may be left without direct flights due to Aeroflot’s visa difficulties
- 19.04.2018Militants who attacked UN Mission in Douma were warned in advance
- 19.04.2018Journalist gets beaten during mass protest in Armenia
- 18.04.2018Opposition march toward Republic Square
- 17.04.2018The Armenian opposition announced the creation of a committee of "velvet revolution"
- 17.04.2018Serzh Sargsyan elected Armenia’s PM
- 17.04.2018FSB exposes IS cell plotting terrorist attacks in Russia
- 16.04.2018Armenian opposition leader urges to block parliament building
- 16.04.201822 injured after demonstrators clash with police in Yerevan
- 16.04.2018Armenia’s Republican Party formally nominates Sargsyan’s candidacy as next PM
- 16.04.2018Armenians protest Sargsyan's appointment as PM
- 15.04.2018Kazakhstan warns of further military de-escalation in Syria
- 14.04.2018Opposition-led protesters break into building of Armenian public radio
- 14.04.2018Serzh Sargsyan nominated for Armenia’s PM
- 14.04.2018Syrian downs 71 out of 103 US coalition cruise missiles: Russian military
- 14.04.2018Putin: Operation launched by US and allies is aggression against sovereign state
- 14.04.2018Russian Defence Ministry: Over 100 missiles fired at Syria
- 14.04.2018Russian Foreign Ministry: "You shelled Syria's capital at the moment when it had gained a chance of a peaceful future"
- 13.04.2018Three wounded in landmine explosion in Armenia
- 13.04.2018Russia calls for emergency UN Security Council meeting
- 12.04.2018Russia asks US to solve problems at 'negotiating table'
- 12.04.2018Russia resumes flights to Egypt
- 11.04.2018Putin expects common sense to prevail amid global tensions
- 11.04.2018Putin's inauguration scheduled for 7 May
- 11.04.2018Moscow to Trump: Are ‘smart’ missiles an attempt to destroy alleged chem attack evidence in Syria?
- 22.03.2017Russia’s Eurovision contestant may be banned from entering Ukraine for 3 years
- 22.03.2017Former 'defense minister' of so-called NK Republic detained
- 23.03.2017Ukraine says sanctions on Russian banks to start from Thursday
- 19.03.20172,000 protest against St.Isaac Cathedral’s transfer to Orthodox Church in St. Petersburg
- 18.03.2017No explosives found at Moscow railway station after bomb threat call
- 17.03.2017Russia issues int’l arrest warrant for Baku-born woman over alleged involvement in armed groups