Clashes occur between demonstrators and police in Yerevan
Clashes occurred between demonstrators and policemen in the center on the Republic Square in Yerevan on March 18, in the course of the protest action, in the memory of the "Deliverer of bread" Arthur Sarkisian, APA reports quoting news.am
The participants of the demonstration on the Republic Square demanded a meeting with the prime minister's assistant to answer the question why they rejected the demand to bury Arthur Sargsyan in the “Yerablur” panteon.
Demonstrators refused to obey the demand of the Police and leave the territory on the square and blocked the roadway several times. The police, led by Deputy Chief of Police of Yerevan Valery Osipyan, opened the roadway, by forcefully removing the demonstrators.
The organizers of the action called for a picket to continue at Freedom Square, and tomorrow again to march to the Government building.
Remind that on March 16, the "Bread Delivery Manager" group, "Sasna Tsrer" Arthur Sargsyan, died at the "Armenia" Medical Center in Yerevan. Artur Sargsyan, who was charged with aiding the Sasna Tsrer armed group, was released from prison on December 31, 2016, since he had an illness that was incompatible with imprisonment. On February 9, however, he was arrested yet again. Subsequently, Sargsyan went on hunger strike, and demanded that his preventive measure of arrest be commuted. A few days ago, and with a written guarantee by several dozen MPs, he was released from prison and immediately taken to hospital. Several days ago, however, he left the hospital on his own volition. But his health grew worse on Wednesday evening. He was taken to hospital, where he underwent surgery, but he did not regain consciousness after this operation. The Sasna Tsrer armed group had taken over a police patrol regiment building in Yerevan, taken hostages, but later surrendered, in July 2016. On July 26, Artur Sargsyan had broken through a police wall with a vehicle loaded with food, and delivered food to the members of this armed group.
- 26.07.2017Ukraine deports Russian journalist
- 26.07.2017Russia calls US source of danger
- 25.07.2017Man planning to fly to Syria to join ISIL via Baku detained in Russia
- 25.07.2017Applicants for higher education decreasing in numbers in Armenia
- 25.07.2017Trump slams AG Sessions' 'weak' position on Clinton emails
- 22.07.2017Lavrov says US continues support to some opposition groups in Syria
- 20.07.2017Kremlin says not considering Lapshin’s extradition to Russia
- 18.07.2017Russia reiterates its restrained stance on North Korean issue settlement
- 18.07.2017Fire in Mosow high-rise extinguished - UPDATED
- 17.07.2017Sargsyan: Russia’s sale of arms to Azerbaijan is most painful aspect of Armenia-Russia relations
- 16.07.2017Suspects in attack on Russian tourists in Abkhazia identified - security service
- 14.07.2017Russia's Putin hopes dialogue with Trump will continue
- 14.07.2017Lawmaker Zhirinovsky: United Russian-Armenian military group should be under Russian command
- 14.07.2017Russian Duma ratifies agreement to keep 49-year presence at Syrian naval and air base
- 14.07.2017Russia ratifies agreement on joint group of forces with Armenia
- 14.07.2017Moscow threatens to reduce number of American diplomats at US embassy
- 14.07.2017The State Duma will consider ratification of the agreement with Armenia
- 13.07.2017Sergei Lavrov: "Russia does not support Assad"
- 13.07.2017Boris Nemtsov killer sentenced to 20 years in prison
- 12.07.2017Russian defense adviser killed in militant attack in Hama, Syria
- 08.07.2017Putin: US position on Syria became more pragmatic
- 05.07.2017Astana, Washington sign 5-year defense cooperation plan
- 05.07.2017Anatoly Serdyukov to head Rostvertol’s board of directors
- 04.07.2017Chinese president says ties with Putin stronger than with any other leader
- 02.07.201710 people killed, 12 injured in bus, truck crash in Russia's Tatarstan
- 01.07.2017Putin has phone talks with Qatar, Bahrain on Gulf row
- 01.07.2017Almost 120 flights delayed in Moscow over heavy rainfall
- 30.06.2017Russia cuts contribution to Council of Europe
- 30.06.2017Number of Kyrgyz presidential candidates reaches 11
- 29.06.2017Medvedev:"Sanctions will still influence Russian economy in coming years"
- 28.06.2017Armenia concerned over Russia’s selling weapons to Azerbaijan
- 27.06.2017Ukrainian serviceman killed in car bomb
- 27.06.2017Russia's Lavrov, U.S. Secretary of State Tillerson discuss Syrian conflict
- 24.06.2017Russian Foreign Ministry: Conflict around Qatar should be settled by diplomatic means
- 23.06.2017Russian FM: US sanction pressure on Moscow 'illusory'
- 21.06.2017Russian Su-27 warns off NATO F-16 trying to approach defense minister’s plane over Baltic
- 20.06.2017Moscow confirms new Astana meeting on Syria slated for July 4-5
- 16.06.2017Russia's Caspian Flotilla launches exercises in Makhachkala
- 16.06.2017Putin: US Always Interfered in Russian Elections, Especially in 2012
- 15.06.2017Putin says Russia ready for constructive dialogue with USA
- 22.03.2017Russia’s Eurovision contestant may be banned from entering Ukraine for 3 years
- 22.03.2017Former 'defense minister' of so-called NK Republic detained
- 23.03.2017Ukraine says sanctions on Russian banks to start from Thursday
- 19.03.20172,000 protest against St.Isaac Cathedral’s transfer to Orthodox Church in St. Petersburg
- 18.03.2017No explosives found at Moscow railway station after bomb threat call
- 17.03.2017Russia issues int’l arrest warrant for Baku-born woman over alleged involvement in armed groups