Clashes occur between demonstrators and police in Yerevan
Clashes occurred between demonstrators and policemen in the center on the Republic Square in Yerevan on March 18, in the course of the protest action, in the memory of the "Deliverer of bread" Arthur Sarkisian, APA reports quoting news.am
The participants of the demonstration on the Republic Square demanded a meeting with the prime minister's assistant to answer the question why they rejected the demand to bury Arthur Sargsyan in the “Yerablur” panteon.
Demonstrators refused to obey the demand of the Police and leave the territory on the square and blocked the roadway several times. The police, led by Deputy Chief of Police of Yerevan Valery Osipyan, opened the roadway, by forcefully removing the demonstrators.
The organizers of the action called for a picket to continue at Freedom Square, and tomorrow again to march to the Government building.
Remind that on March 16, the "Bread Delivery Manager" group, "Sasna Tsrer" Arthur Sargsyan, died at the "Armenia" Medical Center in Yerevan. Artur Sargsyan, who was charged with aiding the Sasna Tsrer armed group, was released from prison on December 31, 2016, since he had an illness that was incompatible with imprisonment. On February 9, however, he was arrested yet again. Subsequently, Sargsyan went on hunger strike, and demanded that his preventive measure of arrest be commuted. A few days ago, and with a written guarantee by several dozen MPs, he was released from prison and immediately taken to hospital. Several days ago, however, he left the hospital on his own volition. But his health grew worse on Wednesday evening. He was taken to hospital, where he underwent surgery, but he did not regain consciousness after this operation. The Sasna Tsrer armed group had taken over a police patrol regiment building in Yerevan, taken hostages, but later surrendered, in July 2016. On July 26, Artur Sargsyan had broken through a police wall with a vehicle loaded with food, and delivered food to the members of this armed group.
- 23.06.2017Russian FM: US sanction pressure on Moscow 'illusory'
- 21.06.2017Russian Su-27 warns off NATO F-16 trying to approach defense minister’s plane over Baltic
- 20.06.2017Moscow confirms new Astana meeting on Syria slated for July 4-5
- 16.06.2017Russia's Caspian Flotilla launches exercises in Makhachkala
- 16.06.2017Putin: US Always Interfered in Russian Elections, Especially in 2012
- 15.06.2017Putin says Russia ready for constructive dialogue with USA
- 15.06.2017Putin: Russia will analyze situation in Donbass to take right decision
- 15.06.2017Putin says ready to cooperate with opposition
- 15.06.2017Lukashenko considers foreign interference in conflicts in post-Soviet territory unacceptable
- 15.06.2017Putin says not surprised over US Senate’s attempts to tighten anti-Russian sanctions
- 15.06.2017Famous Russian actor Alexei Batalov dies
- 14.06.2017Putin calls attempts to disturb world nuclear balance 'big mistake'
- 13.06.2017Putin: Us provided support to terrorists in Russia's Chechnya
- 13.06.2017Putin calls US anti-Russia election campaign rhetoric ‘big mistake’
- 11.06.2017Man who opened fire from shotgun in township near Moscow eliminated by police
- 10.06.2017Two killed in shooting in Moscow region
- 09.06.2017Granddaughter of Cold War-era Soviet leader dies after being hit by train near Moscow
- 09.06.2017US policies unchanged now matter who is in power — Putin
- 08.06.2017Blast reported on U.S. embassy compound in Kyiv
- 08.06.2017Lavrov says Russia will not unilaterally abolish visas for EU countries
- 07.06.2017Russian, Iranian foreign ministers urge Qatar and Arab states to start dialogue
- 07.06.2017Kremlin: Putin, Trump may not make statement to press after possible meeting
- 06.06.2017Lavrov: Russia not against Balkan economic integration in Europe
- 06.06.2017Russian education minister proposes CIS countries readopt Cyrillic alphabet
- 06.06.2017Russia cuts its contribution to PACE by almost 11 mln euros
- 06.06.2017Moscow Aims to revise cooperation programs with Montenegro as country joins NATO
- 03.06.2017Putin praises Trump, says U.S. spies may have faked hacking evidence
- 02.06.2017Investigation launched into death of Armenian soldier
- 02.06.2017Putin says global economy faces systemic challenges, no time for quarrels
- 01.06.2017Secretary general emphasizes need to reform United Nations
- 31.05.2017Russia expels 5 Moldovan diplomats
- 31.05.2017Russia says relations with Azerbaijan are valuable
- 31.05.2017Putin believes NATO expansion policy is short-sighted
- 31.05.2017Putin believes it is too early to talk about candidates for 2018 presidential elections
- 30.05.2017CIS Heads of State Council to meet in Sochi
- 30.05.2017Soldier dies as Russian transport plane crash-lands after training flight
- 30.05.2017Over 30,000 people in three Russian regions remain without electricity after storm
- 29.05.2017Storm in Moscow storm kills six people in Moscow
- 27.05.2017Azerbaijani and Russian presidents expected to meet in June
- 27.05.2017Russian MP: "Estonia expels Russian diplomats in bid to get US support"
- 22.03.2017Russia’s Eurovision contestant may be banned from entering Ukraine for 3 years
- 22.03.2017Former 'defense minister' of so-called NK Republic detained
- 23.03.2017Ukraine says sanctions on Russian banks to start from Thursday
- 19.03.20172,000 protest against St.Isaac Cathedral’s transfer to Orthodox Church in St. Petersburg
- 18.03.2017No explosives found at Moscow railway station after bomb threat call
- 17.03.2017Russia issues int’l arrest warrant for Baku-born woman over alleged involvement in armed groups