Cavusoglu: Turkey won’t recognize annexation of Crimea
Under no circumstances Turkey will recognize Crimea’s annexation, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu, who is paying a visit to Ukraine, told a joint press conference with his Ukrainian counterpart Pavlo Klimkin, APA reported citing 112 Ukraine news platform.
He said Turkey recognizes Ukraine’s territorial integrity, independence, sovereignty, and political unity.
“Our goal, as over the past 25 years, is to ensure rapprochement of our countries, through joint projects and strategic partnerships. It is therefore extremely important to ensure stability and security in both countries. Turkey fully supports the territorial integrity, independence, sovereignty and political unity of Ukraine,” he said.
The minister also said that the number of Ukrainian tourists visiting Turkey in 2016 increased by 50%, receiving 1,050,000 Ukrainian tourists.
Ukraine's Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin, in turn, said that Ukraine and Turkey have agreed on the mutual entry of citizens on internal passports.
"We have a visa-free regime, but in the future, and Ukrainian and Turkish citizens will enjoy making mutual visits with internal documents," he added.
Related news releases
- 14.03.2018Moscow not connected to ex-spy’s poisoning: Kremlin
- 14.03.2018Moscow welcomes Turkey’s request for prompt S-400 delivery, Lavrov says
- 14.03.2018Turkish, Russian presidents to meet in Ankara on April 3 – FM
- 14.03.2018Syria, S-400 to be in focus at talks of Russian, Turkish foreign ministers
- 10.03.2018Putin on U.S. election interference: ‘I couldn’t care less’
- 07.03.2018Russia’s Mi-8 helicopter crashes in Chechnya
- 05.03.2018Russia has evidence West trying to save Nusra front for regime change - Lavrov
- 05.03.2018Putin’s adviser: Russia ready to disconnect from global Internet
- 03.03.2018Kremlin rejects U.S. charge Russia in breach of arms control treaties
- 02.03.2018Armen Sarkissian elected 4th President of Armenia
- 01.03.2018Putin: ‘No one listened to us then, so listen to us now’ - REPORTAGE
- 01.03.2018Putin announces Russia possesses hypersonic weapons
- 28.02.2018Shooting kills at least two, injures two in Kazan, Russia
- 26.02.2018Car carrying Armenian PM’s bodyguards crashes in Yerevan
- 24.02.20183 Georgians kidnapped in South Ossetia
- 22.02.2018Russian President met with the heads and deputy defense ministers of several countries
- 22.02.2018Ex-Georgian leader banned entry to Ukraine till 2021
- 20.02.2018Ukrainian president signs Donbass reintegration law
- 20.02.2018Dozens of Russian, CIS citizens killed & injured in recent clashes in Syria – Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Russia summons Ukraine's representative over attack on building in Kiev
- 16.02.2018Russian toll in Syria battle was 300 killed and wounded: sources
- 16.02.2018Truck with 2,500 loaves of bread hijacked in Russia
- 15.02.2018New US sanctions pose no serious threat to Russian economy, russians - Medvedev
- 15.02.2018Reports of scores of Russians killed in Syria are disinformation by anti-govt forces - Moscow
- 14.02.2018Presidents of Russia and Ukraine hold a telephone conversation
- 13.02.2018Lavrov says ‘aggressive minority’ in West impedes establishment of relations with Russia
- 09.02.2018Former governor of Sakhalin region Khoroshavin sentenced to 13 years in jail for bribery
- 07.02.2018Russia favors making UN Security Council more efficient
- 06.02.2018Russian, Kazakh FMs discuss preparations for Caspian Summit
- 06.02.2018Russian Central Election Commission registers Putin as presidential candidate
- 04.02.2018Russian Defense Ministry Releases Video of Su-25 Downing Over Syria - VİDEO
- 04.02.2018Russian weapons deliver strikes on area from which Su-25 was shot down , 30 militants killed
- 03.02.2018Russia’s Foreign Ministry notes anti-Russian focus of US nuclear doctrine
- 02.02.2018Russian CEC chairwoman disapproves of Kremlin spokesman’s statement
- 02.02.2018Armenia: 10-year-old girl kidnapped for debts
- 02.02.2018Russia says U.S. 'hunting' for Russians to arrest around the world
- 01.02.2018UN envoy for Syria highlights role of Sochi congress for Geneva process, says Lavrov
- 01.02.2018Law enforcement officer receives stab wounds in Yerevan
- 01.02.2018Meeting between Russian, Italian FMs kicks off in Moscow
- 31.01.2018Sergei Lavrov: "Sochi Congress Agrees a Constitutional Committee"
- 13.02.2017CEC: Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov wins 3rd Turkmenistan presidential term
- 13.02.2017Putin-Trump meeting possible before July: Kremlin
- 13.02.2017Russia releases footage of wide damage at Syria's Palmyra - VIDEO
- 09.02.2017Turkey and Russia not planning to set up a joint commission to investigate the unintentional Russian airstrike: source
- 09.02.2017Russia doesn’t view PKK as terrorist organization: MFA
- 08.02.2017Separatist leader Givi killed in Donetsk