Cavusoglu: Turkey won’t recognize annexation of Crimea
Under no circumstances Turkey will recognize Crimea’s annexation, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu, who is paying a visit to Ukraine, told a joint press conference with his Ukrainian counterpart Pavlo Klimkin, APA reported citing 112 Ukraine news platform.
He said Turkey recognizes Ukraine’s territorial integrity, independence, sovereignty, and political unity.
“Our goal, as over the past 25 years, is to ensure rapprochement of our countries, through joint projects and strategic partnerships. It is therefore extremely important to ensure stability and security in both countries. Turkey fully supports the territorial integrity, independence, sovereignty and political unity of Ukraine,” he said.
The minister also said that the number of Ukrainian tourists visiting Turkey in 2016 increased by 50%, receiving 1,050,000 Ukrainian tourists.
Ukraine's Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin, in turn, said that Ukraine and Turkey have agreed on the mutual entry of citizens on internal passports.
"We have a visa-free regime, but in the future, and Ukrainian and Turkish citizens will enjoy making mutual visits with internal documents," he added.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2017Russian FM: US sanction pressure on Moscow 'illusory'
- 21.06.2017Russian Su-27 warns off NATO F-16 trying to approach defense minister’s plane over Baltic
- 20.06.2017Moscow confirms new Astana meeting on Syria slated for July 4-5
- 16.06.2017Russia's Caspian Flotilla launches exercises in Makhachkala
- 16.06.2017Putin: US Always Interfered in Russian Elections, Especially in 2012
- 15.06.2017Putin says Russia ready for constructive dialogue with USA
- 15.06.2017Putin: Russia will analyze situation in Donbass to take right decision
- 15.06.2017Putin says ready to cooperate with opposition
- 15.06.2017Lukashenko considers foreign interference in conflicts in post-Soviet territory unacceptable
- 15.06.2017Putin says not surprised over US Senate’s attempts to tighten anti-Russian sanctions
- 15.06.2017Famous Russian actor Alexei Batalov dies
- 14.06.2017Putin calls attempts to disturb world nuclear balance 'big mistake'
- 13.06.2017Putin: Us provided support to terrorists in Russia's Chechnya
- 13.06.2017Putin calls US anti-Russia election campaign rhetoric ‘big mistake’
- 11.06.2017Man who opened fire from shotgun in township near Moscow eliminated by police
- 10.06.2017Two killed in shooting in Moscow region
- 09.06.2017Granddaughter of Cold War-era Soviet leader dies after being hit by train near Moscow
- 09.06.2017US policies unchanged now matter who is in power — Putin
- 08.06.2017Blast reported on U.S. embassy compound in Kyiv
- 08.06.2017Lavrov says Russia will not unilaterally abolish visas for EU countries
- 07.06.2017Russian, Iranian foreign ministers urge Qatar and Arab states to start dialogue
- 07.06.2017Kremlin: Putin, Trump may not make statement to press after possible meeting
- 06.06.2017Lavrov: Russia not against Balkan economic integration in Europe
- 06.06.2017Russian education minister proposes CIS countries readopt Cyrillic alphabet
- 06.06.2017Russia cuts its contribution to PACE by almost 11 mln euros
- 06.06.2017Moscow Aims to revise cooperation programs with Montenegro as country joins NATO
- 03.06.2017Putin praises Trump, says U.S. spies may have faked hacking evidence
- 02.06.2017Investigation launched into death of Armenian soldier
- 02.06.2017Putin says global economy faces systemic challenges, no time for quarrels
- 01.06.2017Secretary general emphasizes need to reform United Nations
- 31.05.2017Russia expels 5 Moldovan diplomats
- 31.05.2017Russia says relations with Azerbaijan are valuable
- 31.05.2017Putin believes NATO expansion policy is short-sighted
- 31.05.2017Putin believes it is too early to talk about candidates for 2018 presidential elections
- 30.05.2017CIS Heads of State Council to meet in Sochi
- 30.05.2017Soldier dies as Russian transport plane crash-lands after training flight
- 30.05.2017Over 30,000 people in three Russian regions remain without electricity after storm
- 29.05.2017Storm in Moscow storm kills six people in Moscow
- 27.05.2017Azerbaijani and Russian presidents expected to meet in June
- 27.05.2017Russian MP: "Estonia expels Russian diplomats in bid to get US support"
- 13.02.2017CEC: Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov wins 3rd Turkmenistan presidential term
- 13.02.2017Putin-Trump meeting possible before July: Kremlin
- 13.02.2017Russia releases footage of wide damage at Syria's Palmyra - VIDEO
- 09.02.2017Turkey and Russia not planning to set up a joint commission to investigate the unintentional Russian airstrike: source
- 09.02.2017Russia doesn’t view PKK as terrorist organization: MFA
- 08.02.2017Separatist leader Givi killed in Donetsk