Cavusoglu: Turkey won’t recognize annexation of Crimea
Under no circumstances Turkey will recognize Crimea’s annexation, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu, who is paying a visit to Ukraine, told a joint press conference with his Ukrainian counterpart Pavlo Klimkin, APA reported citing 112 Ukraine news platform.
He said Turkey recognizes Ukraine’s territorial integrity, independence, sovereignty, and political unity.
“Our goal, as over the past 25 years, is to ensure rapprochement of our countries, through joint projects and strategic partnerships. It is therefore extremely important to ensure stability and security in both countries. Turkey fully supports the territorial integrity, independence, sovereignty and political unity of Ukraine,” he said.
The minister also said that the number of Ukrainian tourists visiting Turkey in 2016 increased by 50%, receiving 1,050,000 Ukrainian tourists.
Ukraine's Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin, in turn, said that Ukraine and Turkey have agreed on the mutual entry of citizens on internal passports.
"We have a visa-free regime, but in the future, and Ukrainian and Turkish citizens will enjoy making mutual visits with internal documents," he added.
Related news releases
- 17.12.2017Austria’s new government set to lift anti-Russian sanctions
- 16.12.2017Gunman killed in armed clash in Russia’s Kabardino-Balkaria Region
- 15.12.2017Russian ex-minister Ulyukayev gets 8 years in prison for extorting $2 mln bribe
- 15.12.2017Russian presidential election set for March 18
- 15.12.2017Russia to double ballistic missile tests in 2018
- 15.12.2017Putin, Trump discuss Russia-US relations, North Korea in phone call
- 15.12.2017Russia unlikely to apply for participation in PACE’s work in 2018 — Russian MP
- 15.12.2017Moscow denies Russian jets intercepted by US F-22s in Syria
- 14.12.2017Russia, U.S. could cooperate on Afghanistan – Putin
- 14.12.2017Putin on Saakashvili's actions: This is 'a spit in the face of Ukrainian, Georgian people'
- 14.12.2017Trump faces restrictions in implementing intention to improve ties with Russia – Putin
- 14.12.2017Putin says Washington has in fact quit INF treaty
- 13.12.2017Erdogan's position on Jerusalem does not coincide with Russia's - Peskov
- 12.12.2017Price of AI-92 gasoline reduced in Kazakhstan
- 12.12.2017Soldier wounded in landmine explosion at Armenian border
- 12.12.2017Russian military chief criticizes U.S., Japan and South Korea drills
- 11.12.2017Kyiv court turns down prosecutor's motion to place Saakashvili under house arrest - UPDATED
- 09.12.2017Ex-President of Georgia goes on hunger strike in Ukrainian Jail
- 09.12.2017Mikheil Saakashvili detained in Kyiv
- 08.12.2017Russian FM: Trump’s Jerusalem decision contradicts all agreements
- 06.12.2017Russia claims Daesh completely destroyed in Syria
- 06.12.2017Putin says to seek new presidential term in 2018
- 06.12.2017Russian lower house slaps ban on US ‘foreign agent’ mass media from visiting State Duma
- 05.12.201741% of Russians want Lenin’s body to be buried
- 05.12.2017Russia's Investigative Committee appeals to General Prosecutor's Office for putting Telman Ismailov on Interpol’s wanted list
- 02.12.2017Sergey Lavrov: "We have no doubts and suspicions towards Azerbaijan"
- 02.12.2017Russia’s Foreign Ministry confirms Lavrov, Tillerson plan to meet in Vienna
- 01.12.2017Russia strengthened air defense in the North Caucasus
- 27.11.2017Iranian foreign minister to visit Armenia
- 26.11.2017Russia’s ex-finance minister regrets adoption of foreign agent media law
- 25.11.2017Tiger shot dead in Paris after escaping from circus
- 25.11.2017Fire in Batumi hotel kills eleven - UPDATED
- 25.11.2017Ukraine rebel region's security minister says he is new leader
- 23.11.2017Russia to cut task force in Syria — General Staff
- 23.11.20172 killed, 6 injured in shootout in Dagestan, closer to the border with Azerbaijan
- 22.11.2017Turkey, Russia, Iran vow to back Syria's sovereignty
- 22.11.2017Putin, Erdogan and Rouhani agree on holding Syrian national dialogue congress in Sochi
- 22.11.2017Turkish, Russian, Iranian presidents meet in Sochi
- 22.11.2017Russian baritone Hvorostovsky dies at 55
- 21.11.2017Putin and Assad meet in Sochi
- 13.02.2017CEC: Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov wins 3rd Turkmenistan presidential term
- 13.02.2017Putin-Trump meeting possible before July: Kremlin
- 13.02.2017Russia releases footage of wide damage at Syria's Palmyra - VIDEO
- 09.02.2017Turkey and Russia not planning to set up a joint commission to investigate the unintentional Russian airstrike: source
- 09.02.2017Russia doesn’t view PKK as terrorist organization: MFA
- 08.02.2017Separatist leader Givi killed in Donetsk