Cavusoglu: Turkey won’t recognize annexation of Crimea
Under no circumstances Turkey will recognize Crimea’s annexation, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu, who is paying a visit to Ukraine, told a joint press conference with his Ukrainian counterpart Pavlo Klimkin, APA reported citing 112 Ukraine news platform.
He said Turkey recognizes Ukraine’s territorial integrity, independence, sovereignty, and political unity.
“Our goal, as over the past 25 years, is to ensure rapprochement of our countries, through joint projects and strategic partnerships. It is therefore extremely important to ensure stability and security in both countries. Turkey fully supports the territorial integrity, independence, sovereignty and political unity of Ukraine,” he said.
The minister also said that the number of Ukrainian tourists visiting Turkey in 2016 increased by 50%, receiving 1,050,000 Ukrainian tourists.
Ukraine's Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin, in turn, said that Ukraine and Turkey have agreed on the mutual entry of citizens on internal passports.
"We have a visa-free regime, but in the future, and Ukrainian and Turkish citizens will enjoy making mutual visits with internal documents," he added.
Related news releases
- 20.10.2017Sergey Lavrov meets with Council of Europe Secretary General
- 20.10.2017Russia's Putin says oil price above $50/bbl is fair
- 20.10.2017Putin regrets that disrespect shown for Trump in US
- 19.10.2017Putin: Russia ready to move towards universal nuclear disarmament
- 19.10.2017Russian TV host Ksenia Sobchak declares Kremlin bid for 2018
- 18.10.2017Pedro Agramunt receives honorary doctorate from Russian higher school
- 18.10.2017One of main sponsors of separatist regime in Karabakh dies
- 18.10.2017Moscow police detain Armenian taxi driver accused of poisoning almost 100 people to death
- 18.10.2017Russia testing new Silo-Based ballistic missile
- 17.10.2017Lavrov: Agreement on UNSC reform unrealistic in next couple of years
- 16.10.2017Putin signs decree to implement UNSC sanctions on North Korea
- 16.10.2017Lavrov comments on construction of subsea pipeline in Caspian Sea
- 16.10.2017Armenian citizen shot dead in downtown Moscow
- 14.10.2017Russian FSB, police detain İSİL supporters preparing terrorist attacks
- 14.10.2017Russian President: "Fight against terror should be free from double standards"
- 13.10.2017Lavrov urges to give up on escalating tensions around DPRK
- 11.10.2017Putin: Volume of trade between CIS countries has reached $75 billion
- 11.10.2017Lukashenko criticizes CIS Interparliamentary Assembly for low efficiency
- 11.10.201718 documents inked at CIS summit in Sochi
- 11.10.2017Tajikistan takes over CIS presidency
- 11.10.2017Putin stresses need to increase effectiveness of CIS
- 11.10.2017Turkmen president gives Putin Central Asian pooch as gift
- 10.10.2017Several documents signed at CIS Ministerial Council meeting
- 09.10.2017House fire kills five in Russia
- 06.10.201717 killed, 12 others injured as train collides with bus in central Russia - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017Four Russian nationals abroad suspected of false phone bomb threats in Russia
- 05.10.2017Armenian businessman shot dead in Moscow
- 05.10.2017Russian Investigative Committee refuses to open criminal case against historian who exposed Armenian lies
- 05.10.2017Terror threat for CIS countries remains high: Anti-Terrorism Center
- 04.10.2017Saudi King arrives in Moscow for first ever visit
- 04.10.2017CIS foreign ministers to meet in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Severed human legs found next to supermarket in Moscow
- 04.10.2017Conditions for defeating terrorists, returning to peaceful life in Syria created — Lavrov
- 04.10.2017Venezuela's Maduro Travels to Russia For Energy Talks
- 03.10.2017Saakashvili's issue must be resolved through legal means: Ukrainian FM
- 30.09.2017Mammadbagir Aliyev elected to RAS Presidium
- 29.09.2017Shootout at Russian military base leaves 3 dead, 2 wounded
- 29.09.2017Two pilots die in military aircraft crash in Ukraine
- 27.09.2017Ukraine detains suspects behind massive blaze at ammo depot in Vinnytsia
- 27.09.2017Dagestan leader Ramazan Abdulatipov writes resignation letter
- 13.02.2017CEC: Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov wins 3rd Turkmenistan presidential term
- 13.02.2017Putin-Trump meeting possible before July: Kremlin
- 13.02.2017Russia releases footage of wide damage at Syria's Palmyra - VIDEO
- 09.02.2017Turkey and Russia not planning to set up a joint commission to investigate the unintentional Russian airstrike: source
- 09.02.2017Russia doesn’t view PKK as terrorist organization: MFA
- 08.02.2017Separatist leader Givi killed in Donetsk