Cavusoglu: Turkey won’t recognize annexation of Crimea
Under no circumstances Turkey will recognize Crimea’s annexation, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu, who is paying a visit to Ukraine, told a joint press conference with his Ukrainian counterpart Pavlo Klimkin, APA reported citing 112 Ukraine news platform.
He said Turkey recognizes Ukraine’s territorial integrity, independence, sovereignty, and political unity.
“Our goal, as over the past 25 years, is to ensure rapprochement of our countries, through joint projects and strategic partnerships. It is therefore extremely important to ensure stability and security in both countries. Turkey fully supports the territorial integrity, independence, sovereignty and political unity of Ukraine,” he said.
The minister also said that the number of Ukrainian tourists visiting Turkey in 2016 increased by 50%, receiving 1,050,000 Ukrainian tourists.
Ukraine's Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin, in turn, said that Ukraine and Turkey have agreed on the mutual entry of citizens on internal passports.
"We have a visa-free regime, but in the future, and Ukrainian and Turkish citizens will enjoy making mutual visits with internal documents," he added.
Related news releases
- 22.03.2017Former 'defense minister' of so-called NK Republic detained
- 22.03.2017Russia’s Eurovision contestant may be banned from entering Ukraine for 3 years
- 19.03.2017Clashes occur between demonstrators and police in Yerevan
- 19.03.20172,000 protest against St.Isaac Cathedral’s transfer to Orthodox Church in St. Petersburg
- 18.03.2017No explosives found at Moscow railway station after bomb threat call
- 17.03.2017Russia issues int’l arrest warrant for Baku-born woman over alleged involvement in armed groups
- 17.03.2017Blast at coke factory in Zaporizhya claims four lives
- 17.03.2017A protest action takes place in the center of Yerevan
- 16.03.2017Ukraine's national bank proposes sanctions against Russian banks
- 16.03.2017Russia to assist Armenia-Turkey talks – Lavrov
- 16.03.2017Moscow believes restoration of co-op with Ankara will serve stability in South Caucasus
- 15.03.2017Putin, Sargsyan meet in Moscow
- 15.03.2017Liberal Democrats walk out of Duma session after corruption row with United Russia
- 15.03.2017Russia's Lavrov slams allegations of Moscow’s new imperial ambition as hoax
- 15.03.2017Russian special services prevented a major terrorist attack planned in Moscow
- 15.03.2017Putin, Sargsyan to discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement
- 14.03.2017Kremlin: No decision on Russian UN ambassador candidacy as of yet
- 13.03.2017Russia’s representative may be banned from Eurovision 2017 in Kiev
- 13.03.2017Military exercises launched in Russia’s south
- 12.03.2017Astana ready to host talks on Syria on March 14-15 - Kazakhstan’s foreign ministry
- 11.03.2017Moscow cinema evacuated over bomb alert
- 10.03.2017Putin: "I'd like to emphasize that we view Turkey as our key partner"
- 10.03.2017Turkish Stream to increase Turkey’s transit potential – Putin
- 10.03.2017Putin, Erdogan holding meeting in Moscow
- 09.03.2017Telman Ismailov officially declared bankrupt
- 09.03.2017Russia’s Putin sacks 10 generals
- 09.03.2017Two Armenian businessmen shot dead in Russia
- 09.03.2017Lavrov: No conflict can be resolved without US involvement
- 07.03.2017Avian influence outbreak reported in Russia
- 07.03.2017Putin pardons Russian woman convicted of high treason
- 07.03.2017Armenian president departs for France on official visit
- 06.03.2017Former deputy commander-in-chief of Russia's Internal Troops arrested
- 06.03.2017Russia hopes Caspian littoral countries to reach agreement on status issue
- 03.03.2017Armenian soldiers injured at military position identified - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017Russian general seriously wounded in Syria
- 03.03.2017Ukraine’s tax chief suspected of embezzling near $73 million
- 03.03.2017Ukrainian minister of Azerbaijani background Roman Nasirov detained
- 03.03.2017Russian EU ambassador says no signs of US rethinking anti-Russian sanctions
- 02.03.2017Food poisoning sickens 60 children in Ukraine
- 01.03.2017Armenia conceals ethnic affiliations in censuses
- 13.02.2017CEC: Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov wins 3rd Turkmenistan presidential term
- 13.02.2017Putin-Trump meeting possible before July: Kremlin
- 13.02.2017Russia releases footage of wide damage at Syria's Palmyra - VIDEO
- 09.02.2017Turkey and Russia not planning to set up a joint commission to investigate the unintentional Russian airstrike: source
- 09.02.2017Russia doesn’t view PKK as terrorist organization: MFA
- 08.02.2017Separatist leader Givi killed in Donetsk