Biden: Anti-Russian sanctions to remain until fulfillment of Minsk and Crimea de-occupation
Ukraine and the United States believe that the sanctions against Russia should remain in force until the fulfillment of obligations under the Minsk agreements and de-occupation of the Crimea, US Vice-President Joe Biden said at a joint briefing with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in Kiev Jan. 16, 112 Ukraine TV Channel reported.
"Together with our partners from the EU and the G7 we made it clear that sanctions should continue until Russia completely and fully complied with its obligations under the Minsk agreements. The sanctions against the Russian Federation related to the Crimea, should remain as long as Russia does not return Crimea to Ukraine", he said.
President Poroshenko in turn thanked the US government for such a position.
"I would like to express my gratitude for the clear and consistent position of Washington's recent decision to extend sanctions against the Russian Federation and that the sanctions should remain in force until Ukraine's territorial integrity will be restored to its internationally recognized borders, including the Crimea", said the Ukrainian president.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2017Russian FM: US sanction pressure on Moscow 'illusory'
- 21.06.2017Russian Su-27 warns off NATO F-16 trying to approach defense minister’s plane over Baltic
- 20.06.2017Moscow confirms new Astana meeting on Syria slated for July 4-5
- 16.06.2017Russia's Caspian Flotilla launches exercises in Makhachkala
- 16.06.2017Putin: US Always Interfered in Russian Elections, Especially in 2012
- 15.06.2017Putin says Russia ready for constructive dialogue with USA
- 15.06.2017Putin: Russia will analyze situation in Donbass to take right decision
- 15.06.2017Putin says ready to cooperate with opposition
- 15.06.2017Lukashenko considers foreign interference in conflicts in post-Soviet territory unacceptable
- 15.06.2017Putin says not surprised over US Senate’s attempts to tighten anti-Russian sanctions
- 15.06.2017Famous Russian actor Alexei Batalov dies
- 14.06.2017Putin calls attempts to disturb world nuclear balance 'big mistake'
- 13.06.2017Putin: Us provided support to terrorists in Russia's Chechnya
- 13.06.2017Putin calls US anti-Russia election campaign rhetoric ‘big mistake’
- 11.06.2017Man who opened fire from shotgun in township near Moscow eliminated by police
- 10.06.2017Two killed in shooting in Moscow region
- 09.06.2017Granddaughter of Cold War-era Soviet leader dies after being hit by train near Moscow
- 09.06.2017US policies unchanged now matter who is in power — Putin
- 08.06.2017Blast reported on U.S. embassy compound in Kyiv
- 08.06.2017Lavrov says Russia will not unilaterally abolish visas for EU countries
- 07.06.2017Russian, Iranian foreign ministers urge Qatar and Arab states to start dialogue
- 07.06.2017Kremlin: Putin, Trump may not make statement to press after possible meeting
- 06.06.2017Lavrov: Russia not against Balkan economic integration in Europe
- 06.06.2017Russian education minister proposes CIS countries readopt Cyrillic alphabet
- 06.06.2017Russia cuts its contribution to PACE by almost 11 mln euros
- 06.06.2017Moscow Aims to revise cooperation programs with Montenegro as country joins NATO
- 03.06.2017Putin praises Trump, says U.S. spies may have faked hacking evidence
- 02.06.2017Investigation launched into death of Armenian soldier
- 02.06.2017Putin says global economy faces systemic challenges, no time for quarrels
- 01.06.2017Secretary general emphasizes need to reform United Nations
- 31.05.2017Russia expels 5 Moldovan diplomats
- 31.05.2017Russia says relations with Azerbaijan are valuable
- 31.05.2017Putin believes NATO expansion policy is short-sighted
- 31.05.2017Putin believes it is too early to talk about candidates for 2018 presidential elections
- 30.05.2017CIS Heads of State Council to meet in Sochi
- 30.05.2017Soldier dies as Russian transport plane crash-lands after training flight
- 30.05.2017Over 30,000 people in three Russian regions remain without electricity after storm
- 29.05.2017Storm in Moscow storm kills six people in Moscow
- 27.05.2017Azerbaijani and Russian presidents expected to meet in June
- 27.05.2017Russian MP: "Estonia expels Russian diplomats in bid to get US support"
- 17.01.2017Ukraine files suit against Russia for allegedly violating UN conventions
- 17.01.2017Lavrov: Russia "did right thing" by starting its anti-terrorism campaign in Syria
- 17.01.2017Poroshenko says meeting with Trump agreed
- 16.01.2017Moscow accuses US intelligence of trying to recruit Russian diplomat
- 16.01.2017US Vice-President Biden arrives in Ukraine for last meeting with Poroshenko
- 12.01.2017Dmitry Peskov: "US deployment of troops in Poland 'threat' for Russia"