Biden: Anti-Russian sanctions to remain until fulfillment of Minsk and Crimea de-occupation
Ukraine and the United States believe that the sanctions against Russia should remain in force until the fulfillment of obligations under the Minsk agreements and de-occupation of the Crimea, US Vice-President Joe Biden said at a joint briefing with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in Kiev Jan. 16, 112 Ukraine TV Channel reported.
"Together with our partners from the EU and the G7 we made it clear that sanctions should continue until Russia completely and fully complied with its obligations under the Minsk agreements. The sanctions against the Russian Federation related to the Crimea, should remain as long as Russia does not return Crimea to Ukraine", he said.
President Poroshenko in turn thanked the US government for such a position.
"I would like to express my gratitude for the clear and consistent position of Washington's recent decision to extend sanctions against the Russian Federation and that the sanctions should remain in force until Ukraine's territorial integrity will be restored to its internationally recognized borders, including the Crimea", said the Ukrainian president.
Related news releases
- 20.05.2018Pentagon says Moscow 'not doing enough' to fight terrorism within borders
- 20.05.2018All militants who attacked church in Grozny identified, says Chechnya’s head
- 18.05.2018Putin approves new cabinet
- 17.05.2018Putin Met With Assad in Sochi - Kremlin Spokesman
- 17.05.2018Putin: Defense Ministry allocates $24 billion for state defense order 2018
- 16.05.2018Protesters storm mayor’s building in Yerevan
- 16.05.2018Russian embassy warns of attempts to embroil other states in Skripal case
- 15.05.2018Start your engines: Putin driving truck, opens newly-built Crimean Bridge
- 15.05.2018Moscow says U.S. putting serious pressure on Iran nuclear deal participants
- 15.05.2018Moscow does not rule out Iran’s pullout from nuclear deal — diplomat
- 15.05.2018State Duma approves criminal liability for aiding West’s anti-Russia sanctions
- 14.05.2018Books on “Armenian genocide” by American and Turkish historians published in Moscow
- 12.05.2018Armenian president appoints new FM
- 10.05.2018Armenia police chief, director of National Security Service dismissed
- 09.05.2018Russia slams US decision to withdraw from Iran deal
- 08.05.2018Armenia’s first deputy defense minister resigns
- 08.05.2018Russian Interior Ministry warns Armenian and Azerbaijani diaspora over upcoming Immortal Regiment march
- 08.05.2018Pashinyan elected Armenia's prime minister
- 07.05.2018Putin asks State Duma to appoint Medvedev Russia’s prime minister
- 07.05.2018Putin takes office for second six-year term as Russia’s president
- 05.05.2018Russian journalist: "Armenia historically is an encumbrance for Russia"
- 05.05.2018Police seize Navalny at Putin protest
- 04.05.2018Terrorist acts plotted in Russia were coordinated from abroad – FSB
- 03.05.2018One person killed, one wounded in attack on HSBC bank in Armenia
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijani woman appointed as Tatarstan’s minister of culture
- 03.05.2018Ukraine suspends participation in CIS coordination councils
- 02.05.2018Armenia’s ruling party to vote for candidate supported by one third of MPs
- 02.05.2018Opposition blocks highways linking Armenia with Georgia, Iran
- 02.05.2018Armenia's parliament to hold fresh vote for PM on May 8
- 02.05.2018Civil resistance in Armenia expands
- 02.05.2018Armenia protest leader: "We will not give up"
- 02.05.2018Protestors block many streets, including road to international airport in Yerevan
- 02.05.2018Pashinyan will once again be nominated to become Armenian prime minister
- 01.05.2018Armenian Opposition Leader Pashinyan: Protesters Will Block Streets, Airport, Everything
- 01.05.2018Armenian Parliament fails to elect PM - UPDATED
- 01.05.2018Armenia's ruling party not to support Pashinyan's PM candidacy
- 01.05.2018Russia to remain Armenia’s strategic ally, Pashinyan says
- 30.04.2018Armenian opposition leader Pashinyan officially nominated for PM
- 29.04.2018Gagik Tsarukyan to support candidate Nikol Pashinyan
- 28.04.2018Armenia's ruling party withdraws prime minister candidate
- 17.01.2017Ukraine files suit against Russia for allegedly violating UN conventions
- 17.01.2017Lavrov: Russia "did right thing" by starting its anti-terrorism campaign in Syria
- 17.01.2017Poroshenko says meeting with Trump agreed
- 16.01.2017Moscow accuses US intelligence of trying to recruit Russian diplomat
- 16.01.2017US Vice-President Biden arrives in Ukraine for last meeting with Poroshenko
- 12.01.2017Dmitry Peskov: "US deployment of troops in Poland 'threat' for Russia"