Azerbaijani President: "Our personal relations with Vladimir Putin are one of the major factors for successful bilateral relations"
Frequent meetings and relations of trust with Russian President Vladimir Putin contribute a great deal to the strengthening of inter-state ties between Azerbaijan and Russia, Azerbaijani leader Ilham Aliyev told ITAR-TASS First Deputy Director-General Mikhail Gusman in an interview, APA reports.
"Our personal relations with Russian President Vladimir Putin are one of the major factors for successful bilateral relations. Our frequent meetings - both bilateral and multilateral contacts - help foster our bilateral relations and mutual understanding," Aliyev said. "We have a relation of great trust and there are no tabooed themes we cannot discuss. Should there emerge some issues that may require out intervention, we promptly contact each other by telephone or meet personally to iron out all wrinkles some of our subordinates may have let develop," President İlham Aliyev said.
This is a major factor in international relations that has played a tangible role in inter-state cooperation and continues doing so.
"I believe that our personal relations of trust and the common understanding of the importance of our countries for each other have enabled us to propel our cooperation to the level of strategic partnership," Azerbaijani President said.
He noted tight interaction between Azerbaijan and Russia on many issues.
"In the economy trade turnover has been growing. We’ve been working on joint projects in transport and energy. Humanitarian cooperation is a fast field for cooperation," President İlham Aliyev said.
He recalled that Azerbaijan had more than 300 schools with instruction in the Russian language. All institutions of higher learning have a Russian language department. Also, Russia’s leading universities - the Lomonosov Moscow State University and the Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University run their local branches, "which is another major factor for bilateral humanitarian cooperation," Mr. Aliyev said.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2018Armenian opposition bloc to nominate protest leader Pashinyan as PM
- 25.04.2018Armenia’s Dashnaktsutyun leaves ruling coalition
- 25.04.2018Armenia’s acting sport minister resigns
- 25.04.2018West conceals details of military drills from Russian inspectors — foreign ministry
- 25.04.2018Acing PM issues statement over cancellation of meeting with Nikol Pashinyan
- 25.04.2018Leader of Karabakh separatists called on Pashinyan for dialogue
- 25.04.2018Russian Foreign Ministry comments on US missile defense system’s buildup
- 24.04.2018Nikol Pashinyan says ready to be Armenia’s premier
- 24.04.2018Russia says no decision yet on delivery of S-300 missiles to Syria
- 23.04.2018Armenian PM Serzh Sargsyan resigns - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Kremlin calls events in Armenia domestic affair, says Russia won’t meddle
- 23.04.2018Armenia’s delegation to PACE returns to Yerevan
- 23.04.2018Nikol Pashinyan released from detention center
- 22.04.2018Militants hand 30 armored vehicles to Russian military in Syria
- 22.04.2018Armenian President meets Serzh Sargsyan after talk with opposition leader
- 21.04.2018Nine gunmen plotting terror attack on May Day shot dead in Dagestan
- 21.04.2018Storm in Moscow leaves 2 dead, 12 people injured - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Russian media company correspondent killed in Syria
- 20.04.2018Pashinyan: Situation is not under Serzh Sargsyan’s control
- 20.04.2018Democratic Party sues Russia, Trump campaign for allegedly disrupting 2016 election
- 20.04.2018Armenian police detain 183 opposition activists - UPDATED
- 20.04.2018Putin, Trump will not allow armed confrontation between Russia, US – Lavrov
- 19.04.2018Nikol Pashinyan: "We resume action of total blocking of Yerevan streets"
- 19.04.2018Russia and US may be left without direct flights due to Aeroflot’s visa difficulties
- 19.04.2018Militants who attacked UN Mission in Douma were warned in advance
- 19.04.2018Journalist gets beaten during mass protest in Armenia
- 18.04.2018Opposition march toward Republic Square
- 17.04.2018The Armenian opposition announced the creation of a committee of "velvet revolution"
- 17.04.2018Serzh Sargsyan elected Armenia’s PM
- 17.04.2018FSB exposes IS cell plotting terrorist attacks in Russia
- 16.04.2018Armenian opposition leader urges to block parliament building
- 16.04.201822 injured after demonstrators clash with police in Yerevan
- 16.04.2018Armenia’s Republican Party formally nominates Sargsyan’s candidacy as next PM
- 16.04.2018Armenians protest Sargsyan's appointment as PM
- 15.04.2018Kazakhstan warns of further military de-escalation in Syria
- 14.04.2018Opposition-led protesters break into building of Armenian public radio
- 14.04.2018Serzh Sargsyan nominated for Armenia’s PM
- 14.04.2018Syrian downs 71 out of 103 US coalition cruise missiles: Russian military
- 14.04.2018Putin: Operation launched by US and allies is aggression against sovereign state
- 14.04.2018Russian Defence Ministry: Over 100 missiles fired at Syria
- 21.12.2016Russian president puts off annual news conference
- 21.12.2016Iran's Rouhani president arrives in Armenia
- 21.12.2016Ambassador Karlov posthumously awarded Hero of Russia title
- 20.12.2016Turkey, Russia, Iran agree on joint Syria declaration
- 20.12.2016Russia, Turkey, Iran FMs holding meeting in Moscow
- 20.12.2016Lavrov: Organizers of Ankara terrorist act failed to thwart Moscow meeting