62 degrees below zero recorded in Russia’s Khanty-Mansiysk
The temperature reached 62 degrees below zero in Russia’s Khanty-Mansiysk region, Elena Shumkova, head of the public and foreign relations department of the region, said on Wednesday.
According to her, the record-law temperature was recorded in an area called Bolshoi Olkhovsk where oil fields are located in.
“The temperature reached 58 degrees below zero in Kazim Beloyarsky district yesterday. Today, the temperature dropped to 62 degrees below zero,” added Shumkova.
She noted that schools are closed and there are delays in the flights at local airports due to the abnormal weather.
Khanty-Mansiysk autonomous district is part of the Tyumen region. The region serves as a donor of Russian economy as major oil fields located here. Sixty percent of Russia's oil is produced in Yugra.
Related news releases
- 17.12.2017Austria’s new government set to lift anti-Russian sanctions
- 16.12.2017Gunman killed in armed clash in Russia’s Kabardino-Balkaria Region
- 15.12.2017Russian ex-minister Ulyukayev gets 8 years in prison for extorting $2 mln bribe
- 15.12.2017Russian presidential election set for March 18
- 15.12.2017Russia to double ballistic missile tests in 2018
- 15.12.2017Putin, Trump discuss Russia-US relations, North Korea in phone call
- 15.12.2017Russia unlikely to apply for participation in PACE’s work in 2018 — Russian MP
- 15.12.2017Moscow denies Russian jets intercepted by US F-22s in Syria
- 14.12.2017Russia, U.S. could cooperate on Afghanistan – Putin
- 14.12.2017Putin on Saakashvili's actions: This is 'a spit in the face of Ukrainian, Georgian people'
- 14.12.2017Trump faces restrictions in implementing intention to improve ties with Russia – Putin
- 14.12.2017Putin says Washington has in fact quit INF treaty
- 13.12.2017Erdogan's position on Jerusalem does not coincide with Russia's - Peskov
- 12.12.2017Price of AI-92 gasoline reduced in Kazakhstan
- 12.12.2017Soldier wounded in landmine explosion at Armenian border
- 12.12.2017Russian military chief criticizes U.S., Japan and South Korea drills
- 11.12.2017Kyiv court turns down prosecutor's motion to place Saakashvili under house arrest - UPDATED
- 09.12.2017Ex-President of Georgia goes on hunger strike in Ukrainian Jail
- 09.12.2017Mikheil Saakashvili detained in Kyiv
- 08.12.2017Russian FM: Trump’s Jerusalem decision contradicts all agreements
- 06.12.2017Russia claims Daesh completely destroyed in Syria
- 06.12.2017Putin says to seek new presidential term in 2018
- 06.12.2017Russian lower house slaps ban on US ‘foreign agent’ mass media from visiting State Duma
- 05.12.201741% of Russians want Lenin’s body to be buried
- 05.12.2017Russia's Investigative Committee appeals to General Prosecutor's Office for putting Telman Ismailov on Interpol’s wanted list
- 02.12.2017Sergey Lavrov: "We have no doubts and suspicions towards Azerbaijan"
- 02.12.2017Russia’s Foreign Ministry confirms Lavrov, Tillerson plan to meet in Vienna
- 01.12.2017Russia strengthened air defense in the North Caucasus
- 27.11.2017Iranian foreign minister to visit Armenia
- 26.11.2017Russia’s ex-finance minister regrets adoption of foreign agent media law
- 25.11.2017Tiger shot dead in Paris after escaping from circus
- 25.11.2017Fire in Batumi hotel kills eleven - UPDATED
- 25.11.2017Ukraine rebel region's security minister says he is new leader
- 23.11.2017Russia to cut task force in Syria — General Staff
- 23.11.20172 killed, 6 injured in shootout in Dagestan, closer to the border with Azerbaijan
- 22.11.2017Turkey, Russia, Iran vow to back Syria's sovereignty
- 22.11.2017Putin, Erdogan and Rouhani agree on holding Syrian national dialogue congress in Sochi
- 22.11.2017Turkish, Russian, Iranian presidents meet in Sochi
- 22.11.2017Russian baritone Hvorostovsky dies at 55
- 21.11.2017Putin and Assad meet in Sochi
- 21.12.2016U.S.-Russia communication channels nearly 'frozen,' Kremlin says
- 22.12.2016Putin says higher level of ambassadors’ protection should be agreed with some countries
- 22.12.2016Bath lotion kills 71 in Russia's Irkutsk
- 21.12.2016Ambassador Karlov posthumously awarded Hero of Russia title
- 21.12.2016Iran's Rouhani president arrives in Armenia
- 21.12.2016Russian president puts off annual news conference