5 passengers with traces of explosives on their hands detained in Moscow metro
At three stations of the Moscow metro, five passengers with traces of explosives on their hands have been detained.
The detainees are citizens of Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan, APA reported citing life.ru.
The fact is under investigation.
Russian has tightened security measures since the deadly explosion at the Saint Petersburg metro on April 3.
Related news releases
- 17.01.2018Putin is in good shape, Kremlin says
- 17.01.2018Businessman, son killed in Russia’s Orenburg
- 16.01.2018Armenia army general staff deputy chief’s son dies in car crash
- 16.01.2018Yerevan minibus drivers go on strike
- 16.01.2018Russia will not support U.S. bid to change Iran nuclear deal: Lavrov
- 15.01.2018Date set for presidential election in Armenia
- 13.01.201846 hospitalized in Russia after contracting salmonella
- 12.01.2018Russian military eliminates militants who shelled Hmeymim airbase on Dec. 31
- 11.01.2018Putin says Russia ready to return to Ukraine dozens of naval ships, warplanes
- 11.01.2018General Staff reveals details of drones that attacked Russian bases in Syria
- 09.01.2018Passenger bus overturns in Russia’s Stavropol region injuring four
- 08.01.2018Details emerge of Chechen rebel commander Khattab’s death
- 04.01.2018Hrymchak claims gas pipeline from Ukraine to Europe planned to be blown up in 2014-2015
- 03.01.2018Russian military helicopter crashes in Syria, killing two
- 31.12.20172 injured as unknown man opened fire near Red Square in Moscow
- 30.12.2017Suspect in St Petersburg blast has psychiatric record - source
- 30.12.2017St Petersburg supermarket blast suspect detained - FSB
- 30.12.2017Russia, Uzbekistan sign nuclear energy deal
- 29.12.2017Three injured after bus plows into public transport stop in Moscow - UPDATED
- 28.12.2017Moscow: Erdogan's claims that Assad is a 'terrorist' have no legal basis
- 28.12.2017Mass carbon monoxide poisoning reported among schoolchildren in Kyrgyzstan
- 28.12.2017Putin announces number of military servicemen involved in Syria op
- 28.12.2017Ukraine and pro-Russian rebels swap prisoners before New Year
- 27.12.2017Kiev, pro-Russian separatists exchange hostages
- 27.12.2017Blast injures ten in St Petersburg shop, 50 evacuated
- 27.12.2017Russia’s election commission accepts Putin’s documents for nomination
- 27.12.2017Gunman kills one in Moscow factory building, takes several hostages
- 27.12.2017Zenit-2SB rocket carrying Angolan satellite blasts off from Baikonur — Roscosmos
- 26.12.2017Belarusian leader hails Russia’s role in anti-terrorist efforts in Syria
- 26.12.2017President of Azerbaijan: "Russia is a stabilization factor on a global scale"
- 26.12.2017Informal meeting of CIS leaders starts - UPDATED
- 25.12.2017Russian officials bar Navalny from running for president
- 25.12.2017Five killed in Moscow as bus drives into pedestrian underpass
- 24.12.2017Russia’s State Duma can take tit-for-tat measures if RT’s license in France is revoked
- 23.12.2017Putin says Russia is not "adorable grandma"
- 23.12.2017Russia ready to work with all countries on basis of trust - Putin
- 23.12.2017Everything preventing Russia’s renovation should be left out – Putin
- 22.12.2017Johnson and Lavrov clash in Moscow talks
- 22.12.2017Russian CEC approves Zhirinovsky’s presidential candidacy
- 21.12.2017Turkey, Russia to sign deal on S-400 in coming days
- 08.04.2017Lavrov to Tillerson: US attack in Syria plays Into terorists' hands
- 09.04.2017Fifty people seek medical assistance after Moscow rail accident
- 09.04.2017Vladimir Putin orders to take all necessary measures after railway incident in Moscow
- 08.04.2017Legendary Soviet cosmonaut Georgy Grechko dies
- 08.04.2017Russia warns of serious consequences from U.S. strike in Syria
- 07.04.2017Russian PM: "US on brink of military clash with Russia"