18 documents inked at CIS summit in Sochi
A summit of the Council of CIS Heads of State took place in Sochi, Russia on Wednesday.
The heads of state first held a limited format session, which was continued with the participation of delegations.
President Emomali Rahmon of Tajikistan, which will take over the CIS Presidency in 2018, delivered a speech at the expanded meeting. He spoke about the work his country and government are going to do to strengthen the organization.
Then President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov of Turkmenistan, which was approved as the CIS co-president for 2018, made a speech.
Speaking at the summit, Chairwoman of the Russian Federation Council Valentina Matviyenko spoke about the work of the CIS Interparliamentary Assembly and what has been achieved during Russia’s CIS Presidency.
At the end of the summit, the CIS leaders signed 18 documents which include “Decision on the CIS Presidency”, “Protocol decision on holding the next CIS summit”, “Decision on the Chairman of the CIS Executive Committee”, “Concept of Cooperation in Combating Corruption”, “Agreement on the exchange of information in the field of combating terrorism and other manifestations of extremism, as well as their financing”, “Decision on declaration of 2019 as a Year of Book in CIS area”, “Decision on declaration of 2020 as a Year of the 75th Anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War in 1941-45s in CIS area”, etc.
Related news releases
- 13.12.2017Erdogan's position on Jerusalem does not coincide with Russia's - Peskov
- 12.12.2017Price of AI-92 gasoline reduced in Kazakhstan
- 12.12.2017Soldier wounded in landmine explosion at Armenian border
- 12.12.2017Russian military chief criticizes U.S., Japan and South Korea drills
- 11.12.2017Kyiv court turns down prosecutor's motion to place Saakashvili under house arrest - UPDATED
- 09.12.2017Ex-President of Georgia goes on hunger strike in Ukrainian Jail
- 09.12.2017Mikheil Saakashvili detained in Kyiv
- 08.12.2017Russian FM: Trump’s Jerusalem decision contradicts all agreements
- 06.12.2017Russia claims Daesh completely destroyed in Syria
- 06.12.2017Putin says to seek new presidential term in 2018
- 06.12.2017Russian lower house slaps ban on US ‘foreign agent’ mass media from visiting State Duma
- 05.12.201741% of Russians want Lenin’s body to be buried
- 05.12.2017Russia's Investigative Committee appeals to General Prosecutor's Office for putting Telman Ismailov on Interpol’s wanted list
- 02.12.2017Sergey Lavrov: "We have no doubts and suspicions towards Azerbaijan"
- 02.12.2017Russia’s Foreign Ministry confirms Lavrov, Tillerson plan to meet in Vienna
- 01.12.2017Russia strengthened air defense in the North Caucasus
- 27.11.2017Iranian foreign minister to visit Armenia
- 26.11.2017Russia’s ex-finance minister regrets adoption of foreign agent media law
- 25.11.2017Tiger shot dead in Paris after escaping from circus
- 25.11.2017Fire in Batumi hotel kills eleven - UPDATED
- 25.11.2017Ukraine rebel region's security minister says he is new leader
- 23.11.2017Russia to cut task force in Syria — General Staff
- 23.11.20172 killed, 6 injured in shootout in Dagestan, closer to the border with Azerbaijan
- 22.11.2017Turkey, Russia, Iran vow to back Syria's sovereignty
- 22.11.2017Putin, Erdogan and Rouhani agree on holding Syrian national dialogue congress in Sochi
- 22.11.2017Turkish, Russian, Iranian presidents meet in Sochi
- 22.11.2017Russian baritone Hvorostovsky dies at 55
- 21.11.2017Putin and Assad meet in Sochi
- 18.11.2017Five injured in passenger bus-truck collision in Russia
- 17.11.2017Six inmates slash their wrists in Moscow court
- 17.11.2017Minibus collides with truck in Volga Area, 15 dead
- 15.11.2017Russia’s State Duma passes amendments to foreign agent media law
- 14.11.2017Defense Ministry provides explanation on wrong photos attached to Abu Kamal statement
- 14.11.2017Russia detains 69 extremists in the Moscow region
- 14.11.2017Prisoner escapes in Armenia
- 13.11.2017Putin, Erdogan hold joint press conference after meeting in Sochi
- 13.11.2017Turkish, Russian presidents meet in Sochi
- 10.11.2017Russian, Turkish presidents to meet in Sochi on Nov. 13
- 10.11.2017Students continue protests in Yerevan
- 10.11.2017Syria deal could be announced after Trump-Putin meeting friday
- 11.10.2017Lukashenko criticizes CIS Interparliamentary Assembly for low efficiency
- 11.10.2017Putin: Volume of trade between CIS countries has reached $75 billion
- 13.10.2017Lavrov urges to give up on escalating tensions around DPRK
- 11.10.2017Tajikistan takes over CIS presidency
- 11.10.2017Putin stresses need to increase effectiveness of CIS
- 11.10.2017Turkmen president gives Putin Central Asian pooch as gift