17 killed, 12 others injured as train collides with bus in central Russia - UPDATED
17 people died in a crash after a train hit a bus which had stuck on railways in Vladimir region, Russia, according to the local law enforcement, APA reports quoting Sputnik.
A shuttle train hit a passenger bus in Russia's Vladimir region east of Moscow, killing more than ten people, the regional interior ministry said early Friday.
"At least 17 people have died in the collision," the Russian investigative committee’s Moscow department for transport said.
An emergency source has told Sputnik a child was among the dead.
A central hospital that is caring for those hurt in the collision has told Sputnik five people have been admitted, four in critical condition.
Authorities said the bus drove into the path of the train on a railway crossing at the red traffic light. The Moscow railway authority issued a statement saying the vehicle broke down.
"Tonight, at 3:39 a.m. a bus was passing a railway crossing near the Pokrov station when the engine stalled," its press office said.
A spokesperson of the Vladimir governor said the bus had a Kazakh license plate and the passengers were from Uzbekistan. The regional authorities identified 15 victims as Uzbek nationals.
At least 16 people were killed when a train collided with a bus in the Vladimir Region east of Moscow, local administration head Vyacheslav Arkelov told TASS, APA reports.
Some 12 other people were taken away in ambulances, with two children critically injured, Arkelov said.
Thirty-four people are reported to have survived the incident. Police are working on the ground to establish the details of the accident.
Early data indicates the most likely cause was the bus driver going across the rail tracks in spite of a red traffic light.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Russian President met with the heads and deputy defense ministers of several countries
- 22.02.2018Ex-Georgian leader banned entry to Ukraine till 2021
- 20.02.2018Ukrainian president signs Donbass reintegration law
- 20.02.2018Dozens of Russian, CIS citizens killed & injured in recent clashes in Syria – Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Russia summons Ukraine's representative over attack on building in Kiev
- 16.02.2018Russian toll in Syria battle was 300 killed and wounded: sources
- 16.02.2018Truck with 2,500 loaves of bread hijacked in Russia
- 15.02.2018New US sanctions pose no serious threat to Russian economy, russians - Medvedev
- 15.02.2018Reports of scores of Russians killed in Syria are disinformation by anti-govt forces - Moscow
- 14.02.2018Presidents of Russia and Ukraine hold a telephone conversation
- 13.02.2018Lavrov says ‘aggressive minority’ in West impedes establishment of relations with Russia
- 09.02.2018Former governor of Sakhalin region Khoroshavin sentenced to 13 years in jail for bribery
- 07.02.2018Russia favors making UN Security Council more efficient
- 06.02.2018Russian, Kazakh FMs discuss preparations for Caspian Summit
- 06.02.2018Russian Central Election Commission registers Putin as presidential candidate
- 04.02.2018Russian Defense Ministry Releases Video of Su-25 Downing Over Syria - VİDEO
- 04.02.2018Russian weapons deliver strikes on area from which Su-25 was shot down , 30 militants killed
- 03.02.2018Russia’s Foreign Ministry notes anti-Russian focus of US nuclear doctrine
- 02.02.2018Russian CEC chairwoman disapproves of Kremlin spokesman’s statement
- 02.02.2018Armenia: 10-year-old girl kidnapped for debts
- 02.02.2018Russia says U.S. 'hunting' for Russians to arrest around the world
- 01.02.2018UN envoy for Syria highlights role of Sochi congress for Geneva process, says Lavrov
- 01.02.2018Law enforcement officer receives stab wounds in Yerevan
- 01.02.2018Meeting between Russian, Italian FMs kicks off in Moscow
- 31.01.2018Sergei Lavrov: "Sochi Congress Agrees a Constitutional Committee"
- 31.01.2018Group of Five plan for Syria runs counter to Geneva process — Lavrov
- 30.01.2018US ‘Kremlin List’ means nothing to Russia — PM
- 30.01.2018Putin says he feels 'sad' about not being included in US 'Kremlin report’
- 29.01.2018Search for missing Azerbaijanis in the Japanese Sea suspended
- 27.01.2018Russia says new U.S. sanctions are destructive step, will retaliate: RIA
- 26.01.201815 people die from hypothermia in Bishkek in January
- 25.01.2018Zakharova says Turkey is a difficult partner
- 25.01.2018Zakharova: ‘Any country’s destructive intervention in election campaign in Russia will be dealt with harshly’
- 25.01.2018Search operation for missing Russian fishing boat in Sea of Japan
- 23.01.2018Ukraine calls for boycott of 2018 World Cup in Russia
- 22.01.2018Russia says U.S. actions in Syria either a provocation or ill-informed
- 21.01.2018Russia says US 'took provocative steps' by arming YPG in Syria
- 20.01.2018Russia, Iran, Turkey agree lists for Congress in Sochi - president’s representative
- 20.01.2018Russia concerned over Turkey's launch of military op in Syria's Afrin - MoD
- 20.01.2018Russian, US army chiefs discuss Syria by phone
- 09.10.2017House fire kills five in Russia
- 10.10.2017Several documents signed at CIS Ministerial Council meeting
- 11.10.2017Turkmen president gives Putin Central Asian pooch as gift
- 06.10.2017Four Russian nationals abroad suspected of false phone bomb threats in Russia
- 05.10.2017Armenian businessman shot dead in Moscow
- 05.10.2017Russian Investigative Committee refuses to open criminal case against historian who exposed Armenian lies