US seeking ‘serious’ Mideast talks: Palestinian FM
The U.S. wants to see “serious” negotiations between the Palestinians and Israel, the Palestinian Foreign Ministry said Wednesday, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
"Negotiations would be based on explanations given by [Palestinian] President Mahmoud Abbas to U.S. envoy for international negotiations Jason Greenblatt during their Tuesday meeting in Ramallah," the ministry said in a statement.
At that meeting, the ministry said, Abbas had briefed Greenblatt on Palestinian national aspirations, the daily suffering faced by the Palestinian people as a result of Israel’s decades-long occupation, and the “catastrophic risks” associated with continued Israeli settlement building.
The ministry went on to note that the Palestinian Authority was responsive to "the efforts of U.S. President Donald Trump's administration to resolve the conflict on the basis of a two-state solution and achieve peace and security for the Palestinian and Israeli people".
Greenblatt visited the region earlier this week for a days-long visit, during which he met with Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Related news releases
- 26.04.201714 killed in Taliban attack in Pakistan's tribal belt
- 26.04.2017The United States received a notice from Turkey an hour before operation in Syria and Iraq
- 26.04.2017Turkish jets kill senior PKK member in northern Iraq
- 25.04.2017Ankara court sentences 24 to life for killing Kurdish teen
- 24.04.201726 paramilitary personnel killed in central India
- 24.04.2017Philippines: 36 Maute terrorists killed in clashes
- 24.04.2017Suspected Maoist rebels kill 24 troops in Chhattisgarh
- 24.04.2017Iran to open polls in Azerbaijan for May 19 presidential election
- 23.04.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Philippines
- 23.04.2017Saudi king restores civil service and military allowances
- 22.04.2017Turkey condemns terror attack on Afghan army
- 22.04.2017Five killed in road accident in southern Philippines
- 22.04.2017Terrorists launch mortar attack in Damascus
- 22.04.2017Taliban kill '140' troops in Afghan base attack
- 22.04.2017At least 8 killed in eastern India in fighting over control for sandpits
- 21.04.2017U.S. forces kill Islamic State militant linked to Turkey nightclub attack
- 21.04.2017Taliban inflict more than 50 Afghan casualties in base attack, U.S. says - UPDATED
- 21.04.2017İSİL claims responsibility for Paris shooting
- 21.04.2017EU says ready to welcome back UK if it decides to stay
- 20.04.2017Russian officer killed in militant attack on Syrian Army Base - UPDATED
- 20.04.2017Syrian President: "Reports about capture of ISIL leader Baghdadi not true"
- 20.04.2017Pakistan court: Insufficient evidence to remove Sharif
- 20.04.2017Bus-truck collision leaves 11 dead in Iran
- 20.04.2017North Korea says 'don't mess with us' as U.S. plans next move
- 20.04.2017Syria chemical attack undeniable, says OPCW chief
- 20.04.2017At Least 3 Al-Qaeda Militants Killed in Airstrikes in Southern Afghanistan
- 20.04.2017Tillerson: Iran nuclear agreement fails to achieve objectives
- 19.04.2017Iraqi army says third of old western Mosul retaken
- 19.04.2017Australian advisers caught in Mosul chemical attack
- 19.04.2017Pentagon might try to shoot down Pyongyang’s next missile test
- 18.04.2017Daesh car-bomb attack kills 16 in W. Mosul: Iraqi army
- 18.04.2017Iranian president criticizes IRGC for interfering country’s economic affairs
- 18.04.2017285 killed during Myanmar’s water festival
- 18.04.2017Japan may consider deploying troops in case of DPRK missile fall in its waters
- 18.04.2017Hardline Hindu youth call the shots on streets of northern India
- 17.04.2017US and South Korea agree 'early' deployment of THAAD missile defence system
- 16.04.2017Death toll in Syrian blast rises 100 - UPDATED
- 16.04.2017Ahmadinejad: "Iran has nothing to fear from US"
- 16.04.2017N Korea missile launch fails, says South Korea
- 16.04.2017PKK terrorists attack AK Party bus in Van
- 16.03.20176 killed, 13 injured as building collapses due to gas explosion in northern India
- 16.03.2017Iraqi troops seize main bridge, advance on mosque in battle for Mosul
- 16.03.20172 militants killed in police raid in Bangladesh
- 16.03.2017Car bomb attack kills at least 4 in Tikrit, Iraq
- 15.03.2017Explosion hits Palace of Justice in Damascus, multiple casualties reported
- 15.03.201790% of Mosul Retaken from Daesh - Police Chief