Turkey condemns Israeli attack on Gaza, demands halt
The Gaza offensive that Israel launched on Wednesday is the latest example of this country’s aggressive politics, a statement from the Foreign Ministry said.
"We strongly condemn this Israeli attack and immediately demand that it be stopped," the statement said, adding that no country, Israel included, is above international law.
The statement said that it is of vital importance that the international community strongly reacts to the Israeli strike on Gaza City.
Turkey called on the international community and the United Nations to take the necessary steps to stop Israel's continued attacks on Gaza.
The Turkish Foreign Ministry said Turkey will “continue to stand in solidarity with the victimized people of Gaza.”
Related news releases
- 29.04.2017South Korean Foreign Minister Urges UN to Mull Expelling North Korea
- 29.04.2017Japanese PM orders emergency readiness after North Korea test
- 29.04.2017Car bomb kills four police near foreign media area in Baghdad
- 29.04.2017North Korea test-fires ballistic missile
- 29.04.2017Powerful 6.8 earthquake off the coast of the Philippines
- 29.04.201717 killed as Myanmar bus plunges into ravine
- 28.04.2017China says situation on Korean peninsula could slip out of control
- 28.04.2017Israel fires down incoming "target" from Syria
- 27.04.2017Two Americans killed in IS Afghan raid
- 27.04.2017Syrian President: "Washington behind conflicts in Syria, Venezuela"
- 27.04.2017Israeli strike hits Iranian arms supply depot in Damascus
- 27.04.2017China warns of 'unimaginable' Korean war
- 27.04.2017Air attacks kill 6 in refugee camp in Syria’s Idlib
- 26.04.201710 Iranian guards killed at Pakistani border
- 26.04.201714 killed in Taliban attack in Pakistan's tribal belt
- 26.04.2017The United States received a notice from Turkey an hour before operation in Syria and Iraq
- 26.04.2017Turkish jets kill senior PKK member in northern Iraq
- 25.04.2017Ankara court sentences 24 to life for killing Kurdish teen
- 24.04.201726 paramilitary personnel killed in central India
- 24.04.2017Philippines: 36 Maute terrorists killed in clashes
- 24.04.2017Suspected Maoist rebels kill 24 troops in Chhattisgarh
- 24.04.2017Iran to open polls in Azerbaijan for May 19 presidential election
- 23.04.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Philippines
- 23.04.2017Saudi king restores civil service and military allowances
- 22.04.2017Turkey condemns terror attack on Afghan army
- 22.04.2017Five killed in road accident in southern Philippines
- 22.04.2017Terrorists launch mortar attack in Damascus
- 22.04.2017Taliban kill '140' troops in Afghan base attack
- 22.04.2017At least 8 killed in eastern India in fighting over control for sandpits
- 21.04.2017U.S. forces kill Islamic State militant linked to Turkey nightclub attack
- 21.04.2017Taliban inflict more than 50 Afghan casualties in base attack, U.S. says - UPDATED
- 21.04.2017İSİL claims responsibility for Paris shooting
- 21.04.2017EU says ready to welcome back UK if it decides to stay
- 20.04.2017Russian officer killed in militant attack on Syrian Army Base - UPDATED
- 20.04.2017Syrian President: "Reports about capture of ISIL leader Baghdadi not true"
- 20.04.2017Pakistan court: Insufficient evidence to remove Sharif
- 20.04.2017Bus-truck collision leaves 11 dead in Iran
- 20.04.2017North Korea says 'don't mess with us' as U.S. plans next move
- 20.04.2017Syria chemical attack undeniable, says OPCW chief
- 20.04.2017At Least 3 Al-Qaeda Militants Killed in Airstrikes in Southern Afghanistan
- 15.11.2012S. Korean jet crashes into mountain
- 15.11.2012Israel ‘Ready to Expand’ Gaza Operation
- 15.11.2012Israel does not exclude action of land forces in Gaza: PM
- 15.11.2012Jerusalem’s Holy Sepulchre Church Water Bill Row 'Resolved'
- 14.11.20125.2-magnitude quake hits Fiji region
- 14.11.2012Commander of al-Qassam Brigades killed in israel airstrike