Turkey condemns Israeli attack on Gaza, demands halt
The Gaza offensive that Israel launched on Wednesday is the latest example of this country’s aggressive politics, a statement from the Foreign Ministry said.
"We strongly condemn this Israeli attack and immediately demand that it be stopped," the statement said, adding that no country, Israel included, is above international law.
The statement said that it is of vital importance that the international community strongly reacts to the Israeli strike on Gaza City.
Turkey called on the international community and the United Nations to take the necessary steps to stop Israel's continued attacks on Gaza.
The Turkish Foreign Ministry said Turkey will “continue to stand in solidarity with the victimized people of Gaza.”
Related news releases
- 03.12.2016Malaysia says Myanmar violence against Muslim Rohingya 'ethnic cleansing'
- 03.12.2016South Korea opposition introduces bill to impeach scandal-tainted Park
- 03.12.2016Philippines' Duterte gets Trump White House invite during 'animated' call
- 02.12.2016Iran says U.S. extension of sanctions act violates nuclear deal
- 02.12.2016Iran develops bill banning import of US-made goods
- 02.12.2016Japan to impose additional sanctions on North Korea
- 01.12.2016Attack on military camp forces India to expedite tech
- 01.12.2016Thailand's crown prince becomes country's new king
- 01.12.2016Training plane crashes in Iran
- 01.12.2016Lavrov: Air strikes on Turkish soldiers carried out by neither Russia nor Syria
- 01.12.2016Another Abian para; case suspected in central Japan
- 30.11.2016U.N. imposes new sanctions on North Korea to slash cash from exports
- 30.11.2016Erdogan discusses Syrian issue with Putin over telephone
- 30.11.2016SKorea opposition parties discuss when to impeach president
- 30.11.201620,000 Syrians have fled east Aleppo this week: Red Cross
- 30.11.2016Contact lost with 2 Turkish soldiers in Syria's north
- 30.11.2016At Least 7 Indian Servicemen Killed in Attack on Military Camp in Jammu
- 29.11.2016Dorm fire kills 12 students, injures 22 in southern Turkey - UPDATED
- 29.11.2016PKK affiliate claims terrorist attack in Turkey's Adana
- 29.11.2016Afghan general dies in helicopter crash
- 29.11.2016ISIL commander killed in Iran
- 29.11.2016Israel completes int’l fire-fighting ops against wildfires
- 29.11.2016Scientists record biggest ever coral die-off on Australia's Great Barrier Reef
- 29.11.20163 killed, 8 injured in Baghdad bomb attack
- 29.11.2016U.N. Security Council to vote Wednesday on North Korea sanctions: diplomats
- 27.11.2016Armed groups continue to bomb town in northern Myanmar
- 27.11.2016Seven dead and one missing after boating accident in New Zealand
- 27.11.2016Iran said to assess 1.1M barrel-a-day collective OPEC cut
- 27.11.2016Israeli PM thanks Palestinian president for help in fighting fires
- 27.11.2016Erdogan, Putin discuss Syria situation over phone
- 27.11.2016Terror attack on soldier's family kills 1 in SE Turkey
- 26.11.2016Pakistan names new military leader
- 26.11.2016Hassan Rouhani: "Iran and Turkey need to cooperate to resolve crises in Syria, Iraq"
- 26.11.2016Soldier martyred in PKK attack in southeastern Turkey
- 26.11.2016Turkish FM travels to Iran, meets with President Rouhani
- 26.11.2016Iran Supreme Court cancels billionaire’s death sentence
- 26.11.2016Quake strikes China, Tajikistan border; kills at least one
- 26.11.2016Blast noise in southeast Turkey possibly caused by jets: governor's office
- 26.11.2016Indonesia arrests militant planning bomb strike on Myanmar embassy
- 26.11.20166.7-magnitude earthquake hits Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region
- 15.11.2012S. Korean jet crashes into mountain
- 15.11.2012Israel ‘Ready to Expand’ Gaza Operation
- 15.11.2012Israel does not exclude action of land forces in Gaza: PM
- 15.11.2012Jerusalem’s Holy Sepulchre Church Water Bill Row 'Resolved'
- 14.11.20125.2-magnitude quake hits Fiji region
- 14.11.2012Commander of al-Qassam Brigades killed in israel airstrike