States should abandon belligerent rhetoric to overcome global stagnation — Putin
All countries need to abandon belligerent rhetoric in order to overcome the stagnation in global development, Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Sunday during the One Belt, One Road forum in the Chinese capital Beijing, APA reports quoting TASS.
Speaking at the international forum, the Russian leader named terrorism and decades-old regional conflicts among the main threats to global development.
"In order to untie these knots, we should first of all abandon belligerent rhetoric, mutual accusations and reproaches that only make the situation worse," Putin said.
"In general, none of the current problems can be solved with old approaches," the Russian president added. "We need fresh ideas that would be free from stereotypes."
"The imbalances in the social and economic development, the crisis of the previous globalization model lead to negative consequences for relations between the states, for international security. Poverty, social exclusion, the colossal gap in the level of development of states and regions fuel international terrorism, extremism, illegal migration," Putin said.
"We will be unable to tackle these challenges if we fail to overcome stagnation in the global economic development," he went on. "We should also keep in mind the threats posed by regional conflicts and zones of decades-long controversies, which still persist in many places in Eurasia."
According to Putin, Eurasia can lay down and put forward a "positive agenda" in the areas of security, economy, social sphere, management and search for new factors of growth.
"We should demonstrate the global community an example of a joint, innovative, constructive future, based on fairness, equality, respect to national sovereignty, on norms of the international law and inviolable principles of the United Nations," he said.
"However, desire and will alone are not enough to put such an agenda into practice. We need practical instruments of cooperation, and they can be created within the framework of integration processes," Putin said.
Related news releases
- 24.04.20186 PKK terrorists 'neutralized' in N.Iraq
- 24.04.2018North Korean leader mourns deaths of Chinese tourists
- 24.04.2018Magnitude 5.1 earthquake strikes southeastern Turkey
- 24.04.2018Southern China karaoke lounge fire kills 18 - police
- 24.04.2018Saudi-led air strikes kill at least 20 at Yemen wedding
- 23.04.2018Russian, Chinese FMs call for peace in Syria
- 23.04.20187 killed, 2 injured in SW China road accident
- 22.04.2018Iran 'ready' to resume nuke program if US leaves deal
- 22.04.2018India seeks death penalty for child rapists
- 22.04.2018Saudi police: Riyadh's shooting targeted toy drone - UPDATED
- 22.04.2018Arms seized from militants shown in Syria’s Douma
- 22.04.2018Fears of a coup are sparked in Saudi Arabia after heavy gunfire erupts near the Royal Palace
- 21.04.2018PKK terror attack kills civilian in eastern Turkey
- 21.04.2018Japan’s Abe lauds North Korea move to end nuclear tests
- 21.04.2018Israeli troops kill four Palestinians in border protest
- 21.04.2018North Korea says will stop nuclear tests, scrap test site
- 21.04.2018Twenty killed in air strike in southwest Yemen: residents
- 21.04.2018Tehran warns Israel: Our ‘hands are on the trigger’
- 20.04.201829 Daesh terrorists killed in Iraq by airstrikes
- 20.04.2018Turkish court remands 3 senior FETO members
- 20.04.2018Four Saudi security forces killed by gunmen in southern province
- 19.04.2018U.N. team fired upon in Syria while visiting suspected chemical sites
- 18.04.2018Peace treaty with North Korea possible following denuclearization
- 18.04.2018Iranian helicopter crashes into Persian Gulf
- 17.04.2018Putin, Merkel discuss Syria — Kremlin
- 14.04.2018Rouhani, Assad hold phone conversation
- 14.04.2018Ali Khamenei accuses US, France and Britain of crime
- 14.04.2018Iranian FM: US, British, French aggression on Syria breaches international laws
- 14.04.2018Israel: Strikes in Syria an 'important signal' to Iran, Syria and Hezbollah
- 14.04.2018Syrian air defenses shot down 13 missiles: state TV
- 14.04.2018Israel says Iranian drone it shot down in February was carrying explosives
- 13.04.2018Russia claims chemical attack in Syria was 'staged and directed by UK'
- 12.04.2018Turkish army neutralizes 3 PKK/PYD-YPG terrorists
- 12.04.2018At least 16 killed by bombing to the north of Baghdad
- 12.04.2018Russian MFA: Israeli air force’s missile strikes on Syria coincident with intensified activities of ISIS
- 12.04.2018Erdogan: Supporters of murderous Assad and PYD are mistaken
- 12.04.2018Israel warns Iran not to test its determination
- 11.04.2018Saudi-led coalition says it does not seek permanent Yemen presence
- 10.04.2018Seven Myanmar soldiers sentenced to 10 years for Rohingya massacre
- 10.04.2018Iraq to take "all necessary measures" to prevent IS attacks from Syria, PM says
- 14.05.2017At least 3 killed, 225 injured in earthquake in northeastern Iran - UPDATED
- 14.05.2017Suspected ransomware attack at southeast Ireland's healthcare facility
- 15.05.2017Iraq’s al-Sadr urges Tehran, Riyadh to engage in talks
- 14.05.2017North Korea missile flew about 700 kilometers, - UPDATED
- 14.05.2017North Korea launches presumed ballistic missile
- 13.05.2017Iranian Security Forces foil terror act plotted by Espionage group