Rouhani warns US against 'political suicide'
At his swearing-in ceremony, Mr Rouhani said Iran would continue to abide by the terms of the deal as long as the other signatories do the same.
The White House says Iran is complying with the deal but Mr Trump says Iran is violating its spirit.
Last month the US state department announced new sanctions on the country.
The US says the sanctions relate to Iran's missile programme and alleged support for terror groups but Tehran says they violate the nuclear deal.
Mr Rouhani - being sworn in for a second term after winning presidential elections in May - said he had nothing to do with "newcomers to the world of politics" and urged "old-timers" to see the nuclear deal as an example of how to manage international relations.
"Those who want to tear apart the JCPOA [nuclear deal] should know that they would also be tearing apart their political life," he said in a ceremony broadcast live on state TV.
He accused the US of a "lack of commitment" to the deal and said it was an "unreliable partner".
Meanwhile Iranian officials have been urging Europe not to side with the Trump administration.
Foreign Minister Javad Zarif said Mr Trump was "trying to destroy the nuclear accord at Iran's expense" and said "Europe should be conscious of this", private Tasnim news agency said.
Ali Akbar Velayati, a senior adviser to Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, asked Europe to "take a more independent policy towards Iran", state media reported.
Mr Rouhani won 57% of the vote in May's election after promising to create jobs and build bridges with the outside world.
Related news releases
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani businessman sets himself on fire in Moscow oblast
- 24.11.2017Kyrgyzstan’s new president officially takes office
- 24.11.2017Eight 'North Korean fishermen' wash ashore in Japan
- 24.11.2017Iranian warships to head for Gulf of Mexico
- 23.11.2017Saudi Arabia bans photos, videos at Islam’s two holiest sites
- 23.11.2017Palestinian factions agree to hold general elections by end-2018
- 22.11.2017Iran’s General Soleimani: Over 6,000 deceived young members of Daesh carry out suicide attacks
- 22.11.2017Khamenei: Fall of Daesh was also a blow to U.S.
- 22.11.2017Medicine and bread prices go up in Iran
- 22.11.2017Lebanon PM Saad Hariri 'suspends' resignation
- 22.11.2017North Korea punishes top military leaders
- 22.11.2017Russian president, Israeli prime minister discuss Mideast settlement in Syrian context
- 22.11.2017Journalist shot dead at point blank range by police in northeast India
- 21.11.2017Army chiefs discuss de-escalation zones in Syria
- 21.11.2017Iranian president declares end to ISIS
- 21.11.2017Pakistani forces rescue 18 hostages near Iran’s border
- 21.11.2017At least three dead, 20 feared trapped after plant in India collapses
- 21.11.2017Suspected cholera cases in Yemen hit 940,000: WHO
- 20.11.2017Iran president due in Russia on Wednesday for tripartite talks
- 20.11.2017Third round of Iran-EU talks kicks off in Tehran
- 20.11.2017Iraq top court declares Kurdish referendum ‘unconstitutional’
- 20.11.2017Tuck-minibus collision leaves 17 dead in Pakistan
- 19.11.2017Syrian army clashes with IS in Abu Kamal — SANA
- 19.11.2017Militants shell southeastern outskirts of Damascus — media
- 18.11.2017India's Manushi Chhillar wins Miss World 2017
- 18.11.2017Japanese tug boat crashes into US warship during exercise
- 18.11.20173 PKK terrorists killed in northern Iraq
- 18.11.20176.9 magnitude earthquake hits southern China
- 18.11.2017Japan begins disposal of radioactive waste from Fukushima disaster
- 18.11.2017Hariri to leave Saudi Arabia for France on Friday: MP
- 17.11.2017World's first human head transplant carried out
- 17.11.2017Yemeni governor announces resignation
- 16.11.2017Pakistan's parliament restores finality of prophet law
- 16.11.2017Suicide bomber kills nine near Afghan political meeting
- 16.11.20172,200 cholera deaths recorded in Yemen since April: WHO
- 15.11.201748 terrorists killed, 13 villages taken in Iraq's Anbar
- 15.11.2017Opium production in Afghanistan hits record high: UN
- 15.11.2017East China road accident death toll rises to 18
- 15.11.2017Muslim state’s meddling in Lebanon ‘shameful’: Iran’s Rouhani
- 15.11.2017Indonesian police officer killed in shooting near Freeport mine
- 06.08.2017Clandestine Isis unit training Britons to launch attacks on UK
- 07.08.2017India kills '5 militants' along Kashmir de facto border
- 07.08.2017Iran arrests members of Daesh-linked group suspected of plotting terror attacks
- 06.08.2017Former minister elected as new vice president of India
- 05.08.201743 civilians killed in U.S.-led airstrikes in Syria's Raqqa
- 05.08.2017US’ Tillerson arrives in Philippines for ASEAN Forum