Rouhani says all regional countries can think of a ‘great union’ for economy, energy relying on Iran’s power
Iran’s president stated that Iran demands peace and security in the region, stressing "all regional countries can think of a great union for economy, energy and tourism by relying on the power and peacefulness of Iranian nation," APA reported citing ISNA.
Speaking on Wednesday in Bandar Abbas' Takhti Stadium, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said, "We have been –and will be- a good neighbor for the countries of the Persian Gulf littoral".
Mentioning that enemies are only worried about their own interests, buying cheap oil and selling expensive weapons, he added, "Iran is a security-building element in the region and the world and we don't need foreigners for establishing security in the region, but we are ready to discuss security with our neighbors and friends".
He also added, "In addition to Iran, the people of this strait have the right to provide security and energy on the highway of the world economy".
"You have always guarded the Persian Gulf, the Oman Sea and the Strait of Hormuz," said the president addressing the people of Hormozgan province.
Dr Rouhani said, "The United States has repeatedly sought to undermine the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) and work against the Iranian nation, but it was left in global isolation".
The Iranian president also said, "We appreciated the stances of Russia and other countries in the United Nations, and we denounce the United States and Britain for plotting against the Iranian people".
Related news releases
- 24.03.2018Explosion in Afghan capital reportedly kills 1, injures 9
- 24.03.2018Car bomb rips through crowd at Afghan wrestling match
- 24.03.2018Seoul says North Korea agrees to hold high-level inter-Korea talks on March 29
- 24.03.2018China's Liu He says China ready to defend its interests in trade spat with U.S.
- 23.03.2018Yemen’s Houthis claim to fire missile into Saudi Arabia
- 23.03.2018Luxury tenement fire in Vietnam' HCM City kills 13
- 23.03.2018Military personnel martyred in plane crash in Turkey - UPDATED
- 22.03.2018Military training aircraft crashes in central Turkey
- 22.03.2018Turkey, Free Syrian Army clear 4 more villages in Afrin
- 20.03.2018Daesh kills one officer, injures two in northern Iraq
- 18.03.2018Iran security service arrest close ally of ex-president Ahmadinejad
- 17.03.2018Turkish troops reunite in Afrin's north
- 17.03.2018China's parliament re-elects Xi Jinping as president
- 16.03.2018Iran won’t renegotiate 2015 nuke deal: Deputy FM
- 16.03.2018U.S. military helicopter crashes in Iraq with seven aboard
- 14.03.2018Explosion kills 9 in northeast Pakistan
- 14.03.2018Deputy of ex-Iranian president remanded in custody
- 14.03.2018Two civilians killed in Damascus in shelling by militants
- 13.03.2018Iranian official blames UK for London embassy incident
- 13.03.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu urges feuding coalition to remain intact
- 12.03.2018At least 50 dead as Bangladeshi passenger plane crashes at Kathmandu airport - UPDATED-2
- 11.03.2018Military vehicle crash in Turkey martyrs one soldier
- 11.03.2018So-called leaders of YPG/PKK 'fleeing' Afrin
- 10.03.2018Iran expresses protest to UK over incident with embassy in London – FM
- 10.03.20188 terrorists 'neutralized' this week in Turkey, N Iraq
- 10.03.2018North Korean state media quiet on Kim Jong Un's overtures to Trump
- 09.03.2018Iranian farmers stage protest in drought-hit Isfahan
- 08.03.2018Israel will always control Jordan Valley: Netanyahu
- 08.03.2018Military storage unit in Iran explodes
- 08.03.2018Israel's El Al seeks U.N. help in bid to fly through Saudi airspace
- 07.03.2018Suicide bomber kills Muslim official in Afghan city
- 07.03.2018Ex-Iran leader warns of mounting public 'disaffection'
- 07.03.2018Terrorists force Afrin residents to dig ditches
- 07.03.20181 killed in car bomb blast in Syria's Al-Bab
- 06.03.2018Russian transport plane crashes in Syria
- 06.03.2018Wedding party truck plunges off a bridge in India, killing 25
- 06.03.2018Koreas reach 'satisfactory' agreement
- 06.03.2018Iran: We can resume enriching weapons-grade uranium in 'less than 48 hours'
- 05.03.2018'More than 40 militants' killed in Afghanistan
- 05.03.2018Papua New Guinea quake kills 80 people
- 28.02.2018Qatari military chief meets with US air force commander
- 01.03.20184 paramilitary troops killed in Pakistan suicide blast
- 01.03.2018İSİL-linked suspected couple arrested in SE Turkey
- 28.02.2018Taliban kidnap 30 passengers on Uruzgan-Kandahar highway
- 28.02.2018Syrian opposition calls for creating mechanism to monitor ceasefire in Eastern Ghouta
- 28.02.2018Turkey refutes French presidency's statement on Afrin