Road accidents leave 16 people dead in Iran in one day
Sixteen people died and 16 others were injured in three road accidents that took place in Iran on Sept. 7, APA’s Tehran correspondent reported.
One of the accidents occurred in the city of Iranshahr, Sistan and Baluchestan province. Nine members of one family were hit by a Pegaut while they were getting off a bus. Eight of them died at the scene, one was seriously injured. Though the driver ran away from the scene, the police managed to detain him several hours later.
Five more people died after a Pegaut collided with a truck in the city of Saveh.
In addition, a truck collided with a passenger bus on the Bojnourd highway, leaving 3 people dead and 15 others injured.
Iran is one of the counties with the highest rates of road accidents.
Iran’s Health Ministry reports that the number of people injured in road accidents in the country has increased five-fold over the last two weeks. Every 30 minutes, one person becomes a victim of a road accident in Iran.
Last week, 10 schoolchildren died and 35 others were injured after a school bus overturned in the Iranian province of Fars. This accident triggered protests in the country. President Hassan Rouhani ordered to investigate the causes of the accident and punish the persons found guilty.
- 21.09.2017Troops kill 9 rebels in Northern Philippines Province
- 20.09.2017'Ignorant, absurd, hateful rhetoric' - Iran's president on Trump's un speech
- 20.09.2017Iran publicly hangs man for rape, murder of 7-year-old girl
- 20.09.2017Turkey mulling sanctions over Kurdish referendum
- 19.09.2017Turkish jets kill 3 PKK terrorists in northern Iraq
- 19.09.2017Iran says it will not renegotiate nuclear deal
- 19.09.2017Iraqi Turkmen leader: Barzani plans to annex Kirkuk to Kurdish region
- 19.09.2017Palestine: President, Hamas' Haniyeh talk on phone
- 19.09.2017North Korea: UN sanctions motivate acceleration of nuclear weapon development
- 19.09.2017Turkish president speaks with Iraqi PM on phone
- 18.09.2017Iraq Supreme Court orders suspension of Kurdistan referendum
- 17.09.2017Turkey names new head to religious affairs directorate
- 16.09.2017Car bomb kills one, wounds 10 in disputed Iraqi oil city
- 16.09.2017Iraqi army liberates ISIS-held Akashat town near Syria border
- 16.09.2017Rouhani urges EU to pressure US
- 15.09.2017Islamic State claims responsibility for London blast:
- 15.09.2017Turkish Deputy PM meets Rohingya group's head
- 15.09.2017Seoul holds emergency National Security meeting after North Korean missile test
- 15.09.2017North Korea fires missile over Japan that lands far out in the Pacific
- 14.09.2017At least 50 die in twin attacks in Iraq
- 14.09.2017Airstrikes kill 5 PKK terrorists in eastern Turkey
- 14.09.2017Malaysia’s prime minister calls Myanmar violence genocide
- 14.09.201725 dead in fire at religious school in Malaysia
- 14.09.2017Evacuated Islamic State fighters reach Syria's Deir al-Zor: pro-Damascus commander
- 14.09.2017North Korea accused of raising money by stealing bitcoins in hack attacks
- 13.09.2017Suicide bomb near cricket stadium in Afghan capital kills at least three
- 13.09.2017Iraqi MPs call for crisis meeting on Kurd region poll
- 13.09.2017Five crew missing after dredger collides with tanker off Singapore
- 12.09.2017200,000 Rohingya children need urgent support: UNICEF
- 12.09.2017Airstrikes kill 14 terrorists in Kirkuk: Iraqi sources
- 11.09.2017Israel welcomes decision to pardon blogger Lapshin
- 10.09.2017First Summit on Science and Technology of Organization of Islamic Cooperation starts in Astana
- 10.09.2017North Korea's Kim Jong Un fetes nuclear scientists, holds celebration bash
- 10.09.2017Rohingya insurgents declare temporary ceasefire amid humanitarian crisis
- 10.09.2017North Korea 'secretly helped by Iran to gain nuclear weapons', British officials fear
- 10.09.2017US warplanes stop shadowing ISIL convoy at Russia’s request
- 10.09.2017Rouhani, Erdogan meet in Astana ahead of OIC summit
- 10.09.2017Policeman martyred in vehicle accident in Turkey's east
- 10.09.2017PKK attacker on Turkish opposition convoy identified
- 09.09.20177 PKK terrorists killed in SE Turkey and Iraq's north
- 07.09.2017Pakistan's anti-corruption agency to file criminal charges against ex-PM, finance minister
- 08.09.2017Four influential ISIS warlords annihilated by Russian strike near Deir ez-Zor
- 08.09.2017Tehrani worshipers protest violence against Rohingya Muslims
- 07.09.2017Two PKK terrorists killed in northern Iraq
- 07.09.2017Syrian opposition must accept it has not won the war: U.N.
- 07.09.2017Syrian army fights to secure corridor into Deir al-Zor