Palestinian president urges world not to recognize Israeli state
The OIC member states should reconsider their relations with the United States, said Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
Abbas made the remarks in Istanbul Dec. 13 at the opening ceremony of the extraordinary summit of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) on the issue of Jerusalem, an APA correspondent reported from Istanbul.
He noted that EU’s ban on the purchase of goods produced in the territories occupied by Israel is not fully implemented.
“The OIC member states can also make a similar decision. The government of Palestine suspended relations with the U.S. consulate. This is a difficult step,” said Abbas, calling on Muslim countries to take such a step.
The Palestinian leader also urged world countries to annul decision on recognizing the Israeli state. “Since its establishment, Israel has not implemented a single UN resolution,” he stressed.
Abbas reiterated Palestine’s support for a two-state solution.
He pointed out that the number of states that recognize Palestine is greater than the number of those that recognize Israel.
“Despite the U.S. veto, Palestine will continue its consistent activity to become a member of the UN,” Abbas pledged.
He warned that ‘Palestine will not follow the friendship agreement with Israel if the latter does not respect it.’
“Our territories are under occupation, we will demand Israel to implement sewerage and other infrastructure projects. If an association with a budget of one billion dollars is created, then we will be able to ensure the continuation of the education of youth in Jerusalem,” the Palestinian leader concluded.
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018Pentagon training PYD/PKK-led ally as ‘hold force’
- 18.01.2018Bus catches fire in Kazakhstan, killing 52
- 18.01.2018Palestinian teen ordered held until end of Israeli military trial
- 18.01.2018North Korea rejects sanctions talk, ready for 'successful' Olympics: diplomat
- 17.01.2018Syria talks to be held in Vienna next week
- 17.01.2018North, South Korea to march together under one flag at Winter Olympics
- 17.01.2018Date set for Syrian National Dialogue Congress in Sochi
- 17.01.2018Iran’s President has called a top priority for the Islamic world
- 16.01.2018UN rapporteur on Myanmar to meet refugees in Bangladesh
- 16.01.2018PYD/PKK activities in Afrin seen from Turkish border
- 16.01.2018Japan apologizes for false North Korean missile alert
- 16.01.2018Militant ambush kills 5 paramilitary troops in Pakistan
- 16.01.2018Barzani's party to boycott election
- 15.01.2018North Korean orchestra to perform in South during Olympics amid easing tensions
- 15.01.2018Erdogan vows Turkey will crush 'terror army' in northern Syria
- 15.01.2018UAE says Qatari jet fighters intercepted civilian flights
- 14.01.2018Iraqi PM announces coalition for May election
- 14.01.2018South Korea and North Korea to hold working-level talks on January 15
- 14.01.20184 schoolchildren drown in India as boat capsizes
- 13.01.2018Turkish military convoy dispatched to Syrian border
- 13.01.2018Erdoğan says Turkey will clear border of YPG terrorists
- 13.01.2018Iran rejects Trump's call for changes to nuclear deal
- 13.01.2018Agenda of Nazarbayev-Trump talks revealed
- 13.01.2018Nearly 2,000 Palestinians clash with Israeli forces in Gaza, West Bank
- 12.01.2018Israel to close 7 diplomatic mission worldwide: Haaretz
- 12.01.2018Unidentified gunman kills 4 women in western Iran
- 11.01.2018Magnitude 4.7 earthquake hits western Iran
- 10.01.2018Iranian FM Zarif to visit Moscow today
- 10.01.2018UN Security Council to discuss humanitarian situation in Syria’s Raqqa at Russia’s request
- 09.01.2018Bomb hits police vehicle in Pakistan's Balochistan, 7 killed
- 09.01.2018Turkey summons Russian, Iranian envoys over Syria Safe Zone violation - UPDATED
- 09.01.2018Khamenei: Recent damage inflicted on Iran by U.S. will gain a response
- 09.01.2018Seoul-Pyongyang talks on participation of North Korea in Olympic Games kick off
- 08.01.2018Husseinali Amiri: "Development of relations with Azerbaijan is Iran's strategic policy"
- 08.01.20187 Houthi rebels killed in Yemen’s Taiz
- 08.01.2018Gun battle in Jammu Kashmir kills 3
- 07.01.2018Over 30 undocumented migrants held in Turkey
- 06.01.2018Eleven Saudi princes detained following protest over utility bills
- 06.01.2018Four policemen killed in blast in Jammu and Kashmir’s Sopore
- 06.01.2018Yemeni Chief of General Staff Injured in Mine Blast Near Saudi Border
- 13.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani urges every possible means to avert US move on Holy Quds
- 14.12.20172 Daesh militants killed in Iraq’s Kirkuk
- 14.12.2017Syrian opposition discusses electoral process with UN
- 13.12.2017North Korea's Kim Jong Un fetes rocket scientists, promises more weapons
- 13.12.20176.1 earthquake strikes eastern Iran
- 13.12.2017Yemeni PM accuses Houthis of subservience to Tehran