Palestine’s Abbas to leave hospital soon: PLO official
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is “doing well” in hospital and will likely be discharged today or tomorrow, Saeb Erekat, head of the Palestine Liberation Organization’s Executive Committee, said Monday, APA reprts quoting Anadolu Agency.
Speaking to Anadolu Agency shortly after visiting Abbas at Ramallah’s Arab Advisory Hospital, Erekat said he had spoken to the president “for a long time”, going on to assert that the latter was in “excellent health”.
“He is recovering and the results of his examinations yesterday are very reassuring,” Erekat said.
“He is still being treated for an infection, but is expected to leave hospital today or tomorrow,” he added.
Abbas was taken to hospital on Sunday after suffering a fever. He remained there overnight, where he was examined by doctors at the hospital’s cardiological department.
“President Abbas is suffering from an inflammation of the inner ear, which has moved to his lungs,” a medical source, who spoke anonymously due to restrictions on talking to media, told Anadolu Agency.
Last week, Abbas, 82, underwent a medical operation on one of his ears. Since then, he has returned to the hospital twice, prompting speculation about the state of his health.
Related news releases
- 25.06.2018Indonesia: 3 civiliians killed in separatist attack
- 25.06.2018Abbas Ready to Meet Netanyahu in Moscow - Palestinian Ambassador
- 25.06.2018Elections in Turkey held in compliance with int’l standards: TURKPA
- 24.06.2018Russian military demines Syria's Al-Naseriyah, South Douma
- 24.06.2018Senior Iranian Commander killed in Syria
- 24.06.2018Landmark day for Saudi women as kingdom's controversial driving ban ends
- 23.06.2018Turkey neutralizes at least 11 PKK terrorists in ops
- 23.06.20186 killed in landslide in Myanmar's northernmost state
- 22.06.2018Turkish army neutralizes 87 PKK terrorists in a week
- 22.06.2018Saudi-led coalition faces tough battle for Yemen's Hodeidah port
- 21.06.2018Trump: North Korea blowing up test sites, 'total denuclearization...has already started'
- 21.06.2018Syria’s Idlib rocked by twin bombings; 5 killed
- 21.06.2018North Korea preparing to destroy ICBM test site
- 21.06.201810 killed in road accident in NW Pakistan
- 21.06.2018Turkish airstrikes cause serious losses to PKK in Iraq
- 20.06.2018More than 240 undocumented migrants held across Turkey
- 20.06.2018Iran says no plans to increase missile range, rejects talks with Trump
- 20.06.2018North Korea expected to begin transferring remains of U.S. troops soon: officials
- 20.06.2018North Korea, China discuss 'true peace', denuclearization: KCNA
- 20.06.2018Uzbekistan starts direct negotiations with Taliban
- 20.06.2018Afghan president offers year of ceasefire to Taliban
- 19.06.2018Iran rules out OPEC deal as Russia, Saudi push for oil output hike
- 19.06.2018Russia, Saudi push for big hike in oil output despite Iran opposition
- 19.06.2018MERS kills scores in Saudi Arabia
- 19.06.2018North Korea's Kim in China; U.S., South Korea suspend military drill
- 19.06.2018US, Turkey start patrols in Manbij
- 19.06.2018Jordan’s king, Israeli PM hold discussions in Amman
- 18.06.2018Six Iraqis killed in Daesh ambush near Mosul: Official
- 18.06.2018US airstrikes kill 22 Hashd al-Shaabi fighters in Iraq
- 18.06.2018Turkish soldiers enter outer districts of north Syria's Manbij
- 16.06.2018Turkey hits 'critical gathering' of PKK in north Iraq
- 16.06.2018Blast taints cease-fire in Afghanistan, 20 killed
- 15.06.2018Yemen gov’t forces take Al-Hudaydah’s southern entrance
- 14.06.2018Kashmiri journalist shot dead
- 14.06.2018Moon celebrates peace as Koreas hold military talks
- 13.06.2018Arab states launch biggest assault of Yemen war with attack on main port
- 13.06.2018Russian military seize arms cache in Syria’s Homs province
- 13.06.2018Iraq: Al-Sadr allies with Fatah to form majority group
- 12.06.2018Trump: North Korea sanctions will remain, but ‘war games’ to end
- 12.06.2018Trump and Kim sign document following Singapore meeting
- 22.05.2018Over 60 die of heatstroke in Pakistan's largest city
- 22.05.20182 Turkish soldiers martyred in northern Iraq
- 22.05.2018Airstrike neutralizes 6 PKK terrorists in E. Turkey
- 21.05.2018Vietnam says Chinese bombers in disputed South China Sea increase tensions
- 21.05.2018Iran's presence in Syria at Damascus' demand: Tehran
- 20.05.2018South Korea's LG Group chairman dies at 73