Palestine Liberation Organization calls for cutting ties with Israel
The Executive Committee of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) called on the Palestinian authorities to severe ties with Israel at all levels, including security and politics, a committee said in a statement, APA reports quoting Sputnik.
The committee urged the Palestinian authorities to "immediately start preparing plans and projects aimed at severing ties with the Israeli authorities at the level of politics, governance, economy and security," the statement read.
Moreover, the PLO Executive Committee decided to "refer to the UN Security Council, General Assembly and the International Criminal Court [ICC], asking them to refuse to recognize the state of Israel until it renounces the recognition of Jerusalem as its capital."
According to the statement, the PLO is planning to refer to the ICC with a request "to start an investigation into Israeli settlements, racial discrimination and an ethnic cleansing in Jerusalem and its surroundings that is being hushed up."
The statement comes ahead of a reported meeting between Israeli Finance Minister Moshe Kahlon and Palestinian Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah next week.
Related news releases
- 21.02.2018Talks between Erbil, Baghdad reach final stages: PM
- 20.02.2018Russian Center for Syrian Reconciliation comes under massive fire
- 20.02.2018Palestine ready to exchange minor territories with Israel - Abbas
- 20.02.2018Turkish President: Syrian forces tried to enter Afrin, retreated after Turkey's shelling
- 20.02.2018YPG/PKK-Daesh terror groups shell Turkey's south Hatay
- 20.02.2018Maldives leader seeks approval to extend state of emergency
- 19.02.2018Three Iranian police killed in clashes with Sufi protesters
- 19.02.2018Islamic State kills 27 Iraqi militiamen near Kirkuk
- 19.02.2018Israel, Egypt sign $15bn natural gas purchase agreement
- 19.02.2018Kurdish region flight ban to be lifted soon: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.2018Daesh doesn’t represent Islam: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.20182 Turkish soldiers martyred, one injured in operations
- 17.02.2018Turkish, Iraqi PMs stress cooperation against terrorism
- 17.02.20184 Israeli troops injured by explosive device near Gaza
- 17.02.2018Turkish PM: 'We have given terrorist organizations the Ottoman slap'
- 16.02.2018PYD/PKK terrorist admits to posing as civilian
- 16.02.20187 Turkish soldiers injured in Operation Olive Branch
- 15.02.2018Indonesia charges Daesh-linked group for deadly bombing
- 15.02.2018Lebanese PM rule out Hezbollah alliance in May election
- 15.02.2018US secretary of state meets with Jordan king in Amman
- 14.02.2018Knesset rejects bill recognizing so-called Armenian Genocide
- 14.02.2018No cases of human infection with H5N6 bird flu reported in Iran – official
- 14.02.2018Over 20 undocumented migrants held in Turkey
- 14.02.2018Turkey's president speaks to Saudi counterpart
- 14.02.2018Taliban confirms senior leader killed by US air strike
- 14.02.2018İraqi Turkmen Front officer attacked in Kirkuk
- 13.02.2018Cyclone wreaks havoc in Tonga's capital, parliament flattened, homes wrecked
- 13.02.2018Russians killed in clash with U.S.-led forces in Syria, say associates
- 12.02.2018Israel's Netanyahu says discussing settlement annexation with U.S.
- 11.02.2018Netanyahu speaks to Russia’s Putin about Iran
- 11.02.2018Putin Urges Netanyahu to Avoid Escalation in Syria
- 10.02.201811 Turkish soldiers killed, 11 injured in Afrin - UPDATED
- 10.02.2018Hundreds protesting in Seoul against N. Korea's participation in Olympic
- 10.02.201815 PYD/PKK, Daesh terrorists neutralized in Afrin
- 10.02.2018Hong Kong bus overturns killing 18
- 10.02.201848 Daesh-linked suspects arrested across Turkey
- 10.02.201827 reported dead in bus crash in Indonesia
- 10.02.20182 Turkish pilots martyred in Syria helicopter crash
- 10.02.2018Turkish military, Free Syrian Army free another village
- 10.02.2018North Korea's Kim Jong-un invites South Korean president to Pyongyang
- 06.02.2018Maldives declares state of emergency as Yameen tightens grip on power
- 06.02.2018Hopes for talks grow with North Korea's ceremonial leader to visit South Korea for Olympics
- 06.02.2018PYD/PKK attack kills civilian in northern Syria
- 04.02.2018Tahrir Al-Sham claims responsibility for shooting down Russian SU-25
- 04.02.2018North Korea is dodging sanctions with fish and front firms in Mozambique
- 04.02.2018Attacks by Syrian regime in Idlib kill 16 civilians