Over 40 improvised bombs destroyed at Syria’s Yarmouk camp
Syrian field engineers have destroyed 43 improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in the past 24 hours in the Yarmouk camp retaken from militants in southern Syria, Major General Yuri Yevtushenko, the chief of the Russian center for reconciliation of conflicting sides in Syria, told reporters on Saturday, APA reports quoting TASS.
"Over the past 24 hours, 24 facilities have been searched in the area of the former camp of Palestinian refugees Yarmouk," he said. "Twenty-three mines, six landmines and 43 IEDs have been destroyed."
According to Yevtushenko, overall 66,602 Syrians have returned to their homes in Eastern Ghouta.
The reconciliation center delivered a two-tonne batch of humanitarian aid to Mu-Hassan, Deir ez-Zor, handing out 445 food kits, daily essentials and medicines. Besides, the center's officers are rebuilding the school and hospital in Hazze.
Russian military doctors provided medical services to 12 Syrians, including six underage children, he said.
In the past 24 hours, 207 people came back to their homes in the Homs province and 106 in Eastern Ghouta.
The Russian reconciliation center continues to fulfill assigned tasks after the completion of the military campaign in Syria. The center’s officers regularly travel around the country's liberated areas to assess the humanitarian situation. The main efforts of the Russian military are now focused on assistance to the refugees returning to their homes and evacuation of civilians from de-escalation zones.
Related news releases
- 25.06.2018Indonesia: 3 civiliians killed in separatist attack
- 25.06.2018Abbas Ready to Meet Netanyahu in Moscow - Palestinian Ambassador
- 25.06.2018Elections in Turkey held in compliance with int’l standards: TURKPA
- 24.06.2018Russian military demines Syria's Al-Naseriyah, South Douma
- 24.06.2018Senior Iranian Commander killed in Syria
- 24.06.2018Landmark day for Saudi women as kingdom's controversial driving ban ends
- 23.06.2018Turkey neutralizes at least 11 PKK terrorists in ops
- 23.06.20186 killed in landslide in Myanmar's northernmost state
- 22.06.2018Turkish army neutralizes 87 PKK terrorists in a week
- 22.06.2018Saudi-led coalition faces tough battle for Yemen's Hodeidah port
- 21.06.2018Trump: North Korea blowing up test sites, 'total denuclearization...has already started'
- 21.06.2018Syria’s Idlib rocked by twin bombings; 5 killed
- 21.06.2018North Korea preparing to destroy ICBM test site
- 21.06.201810 killed in road accident in NW Pakistan
- 21.06.2018Turkish airstrikes cause serious losses to PKK in Iraq
- 20.06.2018More than 240 undocumented migrants held across Turkey
- 20.06.2018Iran says no plans to increase missile range, rejects talks with Trump
- 20.06.2018North Korea expected to begin transferring remains of U.S. troops soon: officials
- 20.06.2018North Korea, China discuss 'true peace', denuclearization: KCNA
- 20.06.2018Uzbekistan starts direct negotiations with Taliban
- 20.06.2018Afghan president offers year of ceasefire to Taliban
- 19.06.2018Iran rules out OPEC deal as Russia, Saudi push for oil output hike
- 19.06.2018Russia, Saudi push for big hike in oil output despite Iran opposition
- 19.06.2018MERS kills scores in Saudi Arabia
- 19.06.2018North Korea's Kim in China; U.S., South Korea suspend military drill
- 19.06.2018US, Turkey start patrols in Manbij
- 19.06.2018Jordan’s king, Israeli PM hold discussions in Amman
- 18.06.2018Six Iraqis killed in Daesh ambush near Mosul: Official
- 18.06.2018US airstrikes kill 22 Hashd al-Shaabi fighters in Iraq
- 18.06.2018Turkish soldiers enter outer districts of north Syria's Manbij
- 16.06.2018Turkey hits 'critical gathering' of PKK in north Iraq
- 16.06.2018Blast taints cease-fire in Afghanistan, 20 killed
- 15.06.2018Yemen gov’t forces take Al-Hudaydah’s southern entrance
- 14.06.2018Kashmiri journalist shot dead
- 14.06.2018Moon celebrates peace as Koreas hold military talks
- 13.06.2018Arab states launch biggest assault of Yemen war with attack on main port
- 13.06.2018Russian military seize arms cache in Syria’s Homs province
- 13.06.2018Iraq: Al-Sadr allies with Fatah to form majority group
- 12.06.2018Trump: North Korea sanctions will remain, but ‘war games’ to end
- 12.06.2018Trump and Kim sign document following Singapore meeting
- 28.05.2018Iran denies alleged meeting in Jordan with Israel intel
- 28.05.2018India says it only follows U.N. sanctions, not U.S. sanctions on Iran
- 29.05.2018South Korea calls for more impromptu talks with North Korea as U.S. prepares for summit
- 27.05.2018Israel airstrikes target Hamas positions in Gaza
- 26.05.2018Bombs target Iraq communist party headquarters
- 25.05.2018IAEA report confirms Iran's commitment to nuclear agreement