OPEC suffers decline in export revenues: EIA
Net oil export revenues of OPEC countries fell 15 percent last year, according to the Energy Information Administration (EIA, APA reports quoting Anadolu agency.
OPEC countries are estimated to have $433 billion in net export revenues in 2016, from a revised $509 billion in 2015, the EIA said in a report released late Monday.
The decline in export revenues is "mainly a result of the fall in average annual crude oil prices during the year," the EIA said.
The average price of American benchmark West Texas Intermediate (WTI) fell to $43 in 2016, from $49 per barrel in 2015. For International benchmark Brent crude, prices fell to $44 in 2016 after rising to $52 the previous year, according to the EIA.
The countries with highest oil export revenues in OPEC in 2016 included Saudi Arabia at $133 billion, Iraq with $54 billion and the United Arab Emirates had $47 billion.
Oil export revenues in those countries declined 15 percent, 5 percent, and 16 percent, respectively.
Among the 13-member cartel, only Iran saw its revenue from exports increase, as sanctions on the country were removed and Tehran resumed exporting crude and oil products. Revenue increased 24 percent from $29 billion in 2015 to $36 billion in 2016.
The EIA said it expects OPEC's total oil export revenues to increase in 2017 and 2018 because of gains in crude oil prices.
The administration estimates the cartel's export revenues to total $539 billion this year and $595 billion next year.
It also forecasts WTI to average $51 and $55 in 2017 and 2018, and international benchmark Brent crude to average $53 and $57 during the same time.
Related news releases
- 19.09.2017Iraqi Turkmen leader: Barzani plans to annex Kirkuk to Kurdish region
- 19.09.2017Palestine: President, Hamas' Haniyeh talk on phone
- 19.09.2017North Korea: UN sanctions motivate acceleration of nuclear weapon development
- 19.09.2017Turkish president speaks with Iraqi PM on phone
- 18.09.2017Iraq Supreme Court orders suspension of Kurdistan referendum
- 17.09.2017Turkey names new head to religious affairs directorate
- 16.09.2017Car bomb kills one, wounds 10 in disputed Iraqi oil city
- 16.09.2017Iraqi army liberates ISIS-held Akashat town near Syria border
- 16.09.2017Rouhani urges EU to pressure US
- 15.09.2017Islamic State claims responsibility for London blast:
- 15.09.2017Turkish Deputy PM meets Rohingya group's head
- 15.09.2017Seoul holds emergency National Security meeting after North Korean missile test
- 15.09.2017North Korea fires missile over Japan that lands far out in the Pacific
- 14.09.2017At least 50 die in twin attacks in Iraq
- 14.09.2017Airstrikes kill 5 PKK terrorists in eastern Turkey
- 14.09.2017Malaysia’s prime minister calls Myanmar violence genocide
- 14.09.201725 dead in fire at religious school in Malaysia
- 14.09.2017Evacuated Islamic State fighters reach Syria's Deir al-Zor: pro-Damascus commander
- 14.09.2017North Korea accused of raising money by stealing bitcoins in hack attacks
- 13.09.2017Suicide bomb near cricket stadium in Afghan capital kills at least three
- 13.09.2017Iraqi MPs call for crisis meeting on Kurd region poll
- 13.09.2017Five crew missing after dredger collides with tanker off Singapore
- 12.09.2017200,000 Rohingya children need urgent support: UNICEF
- 12.09.2017Airstrikes kill 14 terrorists in Kirkuk: Iraqi sources
- 11.09.2017Israel welcomes decision to pardon blogger Lapshin
- 10.09.2017First Summit on Science and Technology of Organization of Islamic Cooperation starts in Astana
- 10.09.2017North Korea's Kim Jong Un fetes nuclear scientists, holds celebration bash
- 10.09.2017Rohingya insurgents declare temporary ceasefire amid humanitarian crisis
- 10.09.2017North Korea 'secretly helped by Iran to gain nuclear weapons', British officials fear
- 10.09.2017US warplanes stop shadowing ISIL convoy at Russia’s request
- 10.09.2017Rouhani, Erdogan meet in Astana ahead of OIC summit
- 10.09.2017Policeman martyred in vehicle accident in Turkey's east
- 10.09.2017PKK attacker on Turkish opposition convoy identified
- 09.09.20177 PKK terrorists killed in SE Turkey and Iraq's north
- 09.09.2017Deir ez-Zor: Syrian, Russian forces inflict biggest defeat on ISIL in 3 years
- 09.09.2017Pakistan summons Myanmar ambassador over Rohingya issue
- 08.09.2017Tehrani worshipers protest violence against Rohingya Muslims
- 08.09.2017Four influential ISIS warlords annihilated by Russian strike near Deir ez-Zor
- 07.09.2017Pakistan's anti-corruption agency to file criminal charges against ex-PM, finance minister
- 07.09.2017Road accidents leave 16 people dead in Iran in one day
- 17.05.2017Pyongyang developing missiles faster than Seoul expected
- 17.05.2017Workers trapped after methane gas explosion in Turkey
- 17.05.2017Pakistan protests with UN team over Indian shelling
- 16.05.2017Death toll from China truck-bus crash rises to 12
- 15.05.2017North Korea vows missile tests 'any time, any place', defying U.S. warnings
- 15.05.2017Iraq’s al-Sadr urges Tehran, Riyadh to engage in talks