OPEC suffers decline in export revenues: EIA
Net oil export revenues of OPEC countries fell 15 percent last year, according to the Energy Information Administration (EIA, APA reports quoting Anadolu agency.
OPEC countries are estimated to have $433 billion in net export revenues in 2016, from a revised $509 billion in 2015, the EIA said in a report released late Monday.
The decline in export revenues is "mainly a result of the fall in average annual crude oil prices during the year," the EIA said.
The average price of American benchmark West Texas Intermediate (WTI) fell to $43 in 2016, from $49 per barrel in 2015. For International benchmark Brent crude, prices fell to $44 in 2016 after rising to $52 the previous year, according to the EIA.
The countries with highest oil export revenues in OPEC in 2016 included Saudi Arabia at $133 billion, Iraq with $54 billion and the United Arab Emirates had $47 billion.
Oil export revenues in those countries declined 15 percent, 5 percent, and 16 percent, respectively.
Among the 13-member cartel, only Iran saw its revenue from exports increase, as sanctions on the country were removed and Tehran resumed exporting crude and oil products. Revenue increased 24 percent from $29 billion in 2015 to $36 billion in 2016.
The EIA said it expects OPEC's total oil export revenues to increase in 2017 and 2018 because of gains in crude oil prices.
The administration estimates the cartel's export revenues to total $539 billion this year and $595 billion next year.
It also forecasts WTI to average $51 and $55 in 2017 and 2018, and international benchmark Brent crude to average $53 and $57 during the same time.
Related news releases
- 25.07.20179 PKK terrorists killed in Iraq says Turkish military
- 25.07.2017IRGC says neutralized US Navy provocative move in Persian Gulf - UPDATED
- 25.07.2017Israel to replace metal detectors in Jerusalem with smart surveillance
- 25.07.2017Israeli embassy staff in Jordan returned to Israel
- 25.07.2017UN to investigate civilian killings in Afghanistan
- 24.07.2017Israel cites self-defense in Amman embassy shooting
- 24.07.2017Russian, Qatari top diplomats discuss Gulf crisis
- 23.07.2017Dozens of IS militants killed in air raid: Iraqi forces
- 23.07.2017North Korea says South will pay 'Harshest' price for challenging missile tests
- 23.07.20177 killed, 2 injured in Guangzhou tower crane collapse
- 23.07.2017Iran seizes Saudi vessel in Persian Gulf, arrests crew
- 22.07.2017Iran announces new missile production line
- 22.07.2017U.S. air strike kills Afghan forces in friendly-fire incident
- 22.07.2017Three Israelis stabbed to death in West Bank settlement
- 22.07.2017Palestinians suspend official contacts with Israel: president
- 21.07.2017Israeli health officials move to ban smoking in public places
- 21.07.2017Qatar open to talks with Arab states to resolve crisis – Foreign Minister
- 21.07.2017State Dept. urges calm at Al-Aqsa
- 21.07.201730 percent of Raqqah cleared of Daesh: US
- 20.07.2017Israeli and Turkish presidents had a phone talk
- 20.07.2017Iran ambassador ordered to leave Kuwait over spy case
- 20.07.2017Kuwait closes Iran cultural mission, expels diplomats
- 20.07.201716 security personnel killed in Afghanistan
- 20.07.2017Chinese army mobilizes military assets to Tibet following live fire drills
- 19.07.2017Pakistani army: '8 dead' in new border clash with India
- 19.07.2017Over 330,000 killed in Syrian war – monitor
- 19.07.2017North Korea conducts public executions for theft, watching South Korea media
- 19.07.2017Trump’s strategy on Iran ‘doesn’t exist’ just like rest of US foreign policy
- 19.07.2017Egyptian security forces kill prominent Islamic State militant in North Sinai
- 18.07.2017Spokesman: His brother’s arrest won’t influence Rouhani’s will
- 18.07.2017Iranian FM: Independence referendum in Iraqi Kurdistan is a wrong choice
- 18.07.2017Chinese ships warned to leave after entering Japanese waters
- 18.07.2017Challenges remain after Mosul liberation: UN envoy
- 17.07.2017Iranian president's brother hospitalized on second day of detention
- 15.07.2017Benghazi airport reopens after three-year closure during war
- 15.07.2017One dead, 4 injured in Tehran subway brawl
- 15.07.2017Clashes between Iraq's Army, Daesh militants resume in West Mosul
- 14.07.2017Head of Islamic State in Afghanistan killed: Pentagon
- 14.07.2017Two Israeli policemen shot dead near Jerusalem holy site, gunmen killed
- 14.07.2017Daesh Militants Declare Iraqi Tal Afar Independent State From Caliphate - Media
- 17.05.2017Pyongyang developing missiles faster than Seoul expected
- 17.05.2017Workers trapped after methane gas explosion in Turkey
- 17.05.2017Pakistan protests with UN team over Indian shelling
- 16.05.2017Death toll from China truck-bus crash rises to 12
- 15.05.2017North Korea vows missile tests 'any time, any place', defying U.S. warnings
- 15.05.2017Iraq’s al-Sadr urges Tehran, Riyadh to engage in talks