OPEC suffers decline in export revenues: EIA
Net oil export revenues of OPEC countries fell 15 percent last year, according to the Energy Information Administration (EIA, APA reports quoting Anadolu agency.
OPEC countries are estimated to have $433 billion in net export revenues in 2016, from a revised $509 billion in 2015, the EIA said in a report released late Monday.
The decline in export revenues is "mainly a result of the fall in average annual crude oil prices during the year," the EIA said.
The average price of American benchmark West Texas Intermediate (WTI) fell to $43 in 2016, from $49 per barrel in 2015. For International benchmark Brent crude, prices fell to $44 in 2016 after rising to $52 the previous year, according to the EIA.
The countries with highest oil export revenues in OPEC in 2016 included Saudi Arabia at $133 billion, Iraq with $54 billion and the United Arab Emirates had $47 billion.
Oil export revenues in those countries declined 15 percent, 5 percent, and 16 percent, respectively.
Among the 13-member cartel, only Iran saw its revenue from exports increase, as sanctions on the country were removed and Tehran resumed exporting crude and oil products. Revenue increased 24 percent from $29 billion in 2015 to $36 billion in 2016.
The EIA said it expects OPEC's total oil export revenues to increase in 2017 and 2018 because of gains in crude oil prices.
The administration estimates the cartel's export revenues to total $539 billion this year and $595 billion next year.
It also forecasts WTI to average $51 and $55 in 2017 and 2018, and international benchmark Brent crude to average $53 and $57 during the same time.
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018Pentagon training PYD/PKK-led ally as ‘hold force’
- 18.01.2018Bus catches fire in Kazakhstan, killing 52
- 18.01.2018Palestinian teen ordered held until end of Israeli military trial
- 18.01.2018North Korea rejects sanctions talk, ready for 'successful' Olympics: diplomat
- 17.01.2018Syria talks to be held in Vienna next week
- 17.01.2018North, South Korea to march together under one flag at Winter Olympics
- 17.01.2018Date set for Syrian National Dialogue Congress in Sochi
- 17.01.2018Iran’s President has called a top priority for the Islamic world
- 16.01.2018UN rapporteur on Myanmar to meet refugees in Bangladesh
- 16.01.2018PYD/PKK activities in Afrin seen from Turkish border
- 16.01.2018Japan apologizes for false North Korean missile alert
- 16.01.2018Militant ambush kills 5 paramilitary troops in Pakistan
- 16.01.2018Barzani's party to boycott election
- 15.01.2018North Korean orchestra to perform in South during Olympics amid easing tensions
- 15.01.2018Erdogan vows Turkey will crush 'terror army' in northern Syria
- 15.01.2018UAE says Qatari jet fighters intercepted civilian flights
- 14.01.2018Iraqi PM announces coalition for May election
- 14.01.2018South Korea and North Korea to hold working-level talks on January 15
- 14.01.20184 schoolchildren drown in India as boat capsizes
- 13.01.2018Turkish military convoy dispatched to Syrian border
- 13.01.2018Erdoğan says Turkey will clear border of YPG terrorists
- 13.01.2018Iran rejects Trump's call for changes to nuclear deal
- 13.01.2018Agenda of Nazarbayev-Trump talks revealed
- 13.01.2018Nearly 2,000 Palestinians clash with Israeli forces in Gaza, West Bank
- 12.01.2018Israel to close 7 diplomatic mission worldwide: Haaretz
- 12.01.2018Unidentified gunman kills 4 women in western Iran
- 11.01.2018Magnitude 4.7 earthquake hits western Iran
- 10.01.2018Iranian FM Zarif to visit Moscow today
- 10.01.2018UN Security Council to discuss humanitarian situation in Syria’s Raqqa at Russia’s request
- 09.01.2018Bomb hits police vehicle in Pakistan's Balochistan, 7 killed
- 09.01.2018Turkey summons Russian, Iranian envoys over Syria Safe Zone violation - UPDATED
- 09.01.2018Khamenei: Recent damage inflicted on Iran by U.S. will gain a response
- 09.01.2018Seoul-Pyongyang talks on participation of North Korea in Olympic Games kick off
- 08.01.2018Husseinali Amiri: "Development of relations with Azerbaijan is Iran's strategic policy"
- 08.01.20187 Houthi rebels killed in Yemen’s Taiz
- 08.01.2018Gun battle in Jammu Kashmir kills 3
- 07.01.2018Over 30 undocumented migrants held in Turkey
- 06.01.2018Eleven Saudi princes detained following protest over utility bills
- 06.01.2018Four policemen killed in blast in Jammu and Kashmir’s Sopore
- 06.01.2018Yemeni Chief of General Staff Injured in Mine Blast Near Saudi Border
- 17.05.2017Pyongyang developing missiles faster than Seoul expected
- 17.05.2017Workers trapped after methane gas explosion in Turkey
- 17.05.2017Pakistan protests with UN team over Indian shelling
- 16.05.2017Death toll from China truck-bus crash rises to 12
- 15.05.2017North Korea vows missile tests 'any time, any place', defying U.S. warnings
- 15.05.2017Iraq’s al-Sadr urges Tehran, Riyadh to engage in talks