North Korea threatens ‘merciless retaliation’ to Trump’s remarks’
Pyongyang responded to US President Donald Trump’s latest salvo in their war of words by calling the American leader’s remarks during his trip to Asia “foolish”, APA reports quoting sputniknews
Speaking to US service members at Yakota Air Base, Japan, Trump said "no one, no dictator, no regime and no nation should underestimate, ever, American resolve… every once in a while in the past they underestimated us. It was not pleasant for them. Was it? It was not pleasant. We will never yield."
After speaking at the air base, Trump met with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, shaking hands at the Kasumigaseki Country Club where the duo played a round of golf.
During a speech in Tokyo, Trump reiterated a call made by Vice President Mike Pence earlier in 2017, that the "era of strategic patience is over."
"We are working to counter the dangerous aggressions of the [North Korean] regime," he said. "The regime continues development of its unlawful weapons programs, including its illegal nuclear tests and outrageous launches of ballistic missiles directly over Japanese territory, [which] are a threat to the civilized world and international peace and stability."
"We will not stand for that: the era of strategic patience is over," Trump remarked.
Related news releases
- 18.06.2018Turkish soldiers enter outer districts of north Syria's Manbij
- 16.06.2018Turkey hits 'critical gathering' of PKK in north Iraq
- 16.06.2018Blast taints cease-fire in Afghanistan, 20 killed
- 15.06.2018Yemen gov’t forces take Al-Hudaydah’s southern entrance
- 14.06.2018Kashmiri journalist shot dead
- 14.06.2018Moon celebrates peace as Koreas hold military talks
- 13.06.2018Arab states launch biggest assault of Yemen war with attack on main port
- 13.06.2018Russian military seize arms cache in Syria’s Homs province
- 13.06.2018Iraq: Al-Sadr allies with Fatah to form majority group
- 12.06.2018Trump: North Korea sanctions will remain, but ‘war games’ to end
- 12.06.2018Trump and Kim sign document following Singapore meeting
- 12.06.2018Ex-NBA star Rodman bursts in tears after historic Trump, Kim handshake
- 12.06.2018Trump and Kim complete extended format talks - UPDATED-1
- 12.06.2018U.S. unveils de facto embassy in Taiwan amid China tensions
- 12.06.2018Trump says summit with North Korea's Kim is 'very, very good'
- 12.06.2018North Korea's Kim visits Singapore's sky bar, gardens in surprise evening tour
- 12.06.2018Kim set a deadline for ending summit, prompting earlier exit by Trump
- 12.06.2018Qatar sues United Arab Emirates at UN rights court
- 11.06.2018Former NBA star Rodman arrives in Singapore for Trump-Kim summit
- 11.06.2018Turkey launches anti-PKK ops in Qandil Mountains – Erdogan
- 11.06.2018Iran warns North Korea of US breach of promise
- 10.06.2018Frenchman commits suicide at Mecca - VİDEO
- 10.06.2018Terrorist cell smashed in Northwestern Iran
- 10.06.2018Kim Jong-un Departs for Singapore Summit
- 10.06.2018Civilians killed in Houthi shelling of Saudi Arabia’s Jaza
- 09.06.201814 PKK terrorists ‘neutralized’ in southeastern Turkey
- 09.06.2018Turkish soldier succumbs to injuries after PKK clash
- 09.06.2018Turkish forces 'deployed 30km inside' of northern Iraq
- 09.06.2018China accused of hacking, stealing US Navy plans
- 09.06.2018EU foreign policy chief cancels visit to Israel
- 08.06.2018Israeli troops kill four Palestinians as Gaza protest resumes
- 08.06.2018Saudi court sentences 4 to death over Iran espionage
- 07.06.2018At least 18 killed in Baghdad explosion
- 07.06.2018Sudan says it has cut all defence ties with North Korea
- 07.06.2018Iran to complete facility to build centrifuges in a month: TV
- 06.06.2018Clash erupts between PKK, Hashd al-Shaabi in Iraq
- 06.06.2018Iraqi forces kill 13 Daesh in capital's north
- 05.06.2018Khamenei says Iran set to boost enrichment capacity if nuclear deal founders
- 05.06.201813 Houthis killed in clashes with army in central Yemen
- 05.06.2018'Expat Syrians can return after Turkey-US Manbij deal'
- 07.11.2017Saudi-led forces close air, sea and land access to Yemen
- 07.11.2017Philippines: Nine more militants killed in Marawi
- 07.11.2017Casualties feared as TV station in Afghan capital comes under attack
- 06.11.2017Pakistani diplomatic official killed in Afghanistan
- 05.11.2017Trump arrives in Japan, first in five-country Asian tour
- 05.11.2017Dozens killed, injured in Syria refugee camp blast - SANA